Author Topic: Celtics (36-25) at Knicks (31-29) 4/16  (Read 94546 times)

Re: Celtics (36-25) at Knicks (31-29) 4/16
« Reply #525 on: April 17, 2012, 11:23:45 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
meh they hit almost 20 3 pointers nd didnt even blow us out only thing im salty at is Pierce's huge game one of his best in a while came in a loss we're still 3.5 games ahead of the knicks for the division lead im not even gon go thru this thread cuz im sure it was a lot of hate on us too

« Reply #526 on: April 17, 2012, 11:43:29 PM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
meh they hit almost 20 3 pointers nd didnt even blow us out only thing im salty at is Pierce's huge game one of his best in a while came in a loss we're still 3.5 games ahead of the knicks for the division lead im not even gon go thru this thread cuz im sure it was a lot of hate on us too

Yea, I have zero stomach for anybody hating on this team tonight after such an incredible performance with no Ray and no Pietrus to help us off the bench.

« Reply #527 on: April 17, 2012, 11:45:22 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Weird game. Captain single-handedly scoring in the second half, but still not enough. Cushion was too big.
I hope Rajon is ok. That's a lot more important.

He'll be fine. Just a stinger...He was able to play after the fall.

You'd probably rest him tomorrow though.

Clearly needs some rest. He was uncomfortable with his movement for the rest of the game.
yeah just depends how it responds tomorrow
knowing Rondo,he will play 40 minutes tomorrow.

« Reply #528 on: April 17, 2012, 11:57:28 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
TP bru definitely feel that
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #529 on: April 18, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yeah and smith doesn't get that shot off if bradley is the same size as him.

This I completely disagree with. I've watched that play 6 times and Bradley's size makes zero difference there. Smith was quick to do what he did and Bradley's reaction was just as quick and there was plenty of room to get the shot off. If Bradley is 3 inches taller, that shot goes in.

Listen, I'm not arguing that more size on Bradley would be preferable or that there will be players who Bradley will struggle with. I understand the dynamics here.

That play is just not an example of it. Its like claiming the shot Novak made on the four point play is proof Bradley has trouble on taller players. Size had nothing to do with that plat either. Novak is getting that shot off. Bradley's cat like quickness, length and great ups made each play close but neither is an example of what you claim.

I do think Gerald Henderson's performances on Bradley is proof of your claim, though Paul George struggled against Bradley so that is offset.

But that one particular play is a bad example.

« Reply #530 on: April 18, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Yeah and smith doesn't get that shot off if bradley is the same size as him.

This I completely disagree with. I've watched that play 6 times and Bradley's size makes zero difference there. Smith was quick to do what he did and Bradley's reaction was just as quick and there was plenty of room to get the shot off. If Bradley is 3 inches taller, that shot goes in.

Listen, I'm not arguing that more size on Bradley would be preferable or that there will be players who Bradley will struggle with. I understand the dynamics here.

That play is just not an example of it. Its like claiming the shot Novak made on the four point play is proof Bradley has trouble on taller players. Size had nothing to do with that plat either. Novak is getting that shot off. Bradley's cat like quickness, length and great ups made each play close but neither is an example of what you claim.

I do think Gerald Henderson's performances on Bradley is proof of your claim, though Paul George struggled against Bradley so that is offset.

But that one particular play is a bad example.

Yeah I think the height thing is blown out of proportion on this particular play. Although Bradley is shorter than most S's he's probably the quickest and quickest leaper as well. Even an elite defender a few inches taller than Bradley like Tony Allen, wouldn't have made a difference. TA is slower than Bradley and would have had to give more space to Smith to watch the drive than Bradley. So basically the height is cancelled out by quickness.

If we are talking about SG's taking Bradley in the post that's another story but I don't really think Bradley is a liability whatsoever on the perimeter against SG's