Author Topic: Baynes expects Brown & Tatum to become ‘superstars’  (Read 1632 times)

Baynes expects Brown & Tatum to become ‘superstars’
« on: August 19, 2019, 06:32:10 PM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Aron Baynes has watched the development of Tatum and Brown for the last two years, and he’s confident they’ll both be NBA superstars soon enough. “Definitely (he’s ready to reach superstar status),” Baynes said, referring to Tatum, according to ESPN’s Niall Seewang. “He’s so talented — even from the first day I played with him when he was a rookie in his first preseason, you could see how talented he was offensively and he also wants to work on the defensive end which isn’t common in the NBA — some guys live on that offensive talent but he wants to develop his all-round game. He’s going to be a fun one to continue to watch.” The former Celtics center noted Tatum and Brown are thirsty to improve their games, something that bodes well for each player’s NBA future. “Those guys are still in their rookie contracts and they’re looking to prove themselves over the next couple of years and they definitely have all the tools to do it,” Baynes said, per Seewang.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/08/aron-baynes-expects-jayson-tatum-jaylen-brown-to-reach-superstar-status/

Re: Baynes expects Brown & Tatum to become ‘superstars’
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 07:39:06 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
With what I've seen I'm super optimistic about the both of them as well.

Tatum looks like he's a lock to be a 20+ a night guy at worst and Brown's ceiling ranges some where between Andre Iguodala and Jimmy Butler.

Unfortunately I don't think either projects as a true MVP caliber player (Harden, Giannis, Curry, etc), but like KG said anything is possible.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
sure gotta hope so !

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 08:07:15 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
With what I've seen I'm super optimistic about the both of them as well.

Tatum looks like he's a lock to be a 20+ a night guy at worst and Brown's ceiling ranges some where between Andre Iguodala and Jimmy Butler.

Unfortunately I don't think either projects as a true MVP caliber player (Harden, Giannis, Curry, etc), but like KG said anything is possible.

I'm placing my bets Tacko reaches that status... :laugh:

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 11:27:32 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121
I already miss Baynes :(

For a guy who is purely a role player, his presence would have made a dramatic difference to how I feel a bout this team.  A tough, physical, experienced, defensive minded big like him is exactly what this team needs in our starting five, and it would have also allowed Kanter to move to the backup 5 spot which would solve our second big problem (lack of proven depth at the 5).

I really wish the was some way Boston could pull a shifty move and bring Baynes back.  With him on the roster I'd confidently place Boston as a top 2 team in the East.

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 08:57:39 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I already miss Baynes :(

For a guy who is purely a role player, his presence would have made a dramatic difference to how I feel a bout this team.  A tough, physical, experienced, defensive minded big like him is exactly what this team needs in our starting five, and it would have also allowed Kanter to move to the backup 5 spot which would solve our second big problem (lack of proven depth at the 5).

I really wish the was some way Boston could pull a shifty move and bring Baynes back.  With him on the roster I'd confidently place Boston as a top 2 team in the East.
have to agree that if they had been able to keep Baynes while still getting Kanter, I'd feel a lot more confident in this team locking in at least the #3 seed this season.