Author Topic: 2010 FIFA World Cup  (Read 179641 times)

Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
BTW, I expect Germany to perform well (they always do).  They played my country (Bosnia) in a friendly the other day and won 3-1 . Given they won because of 2 garbage penalties but still, Bosnia is a rising side with some young talent and they still pulled out a victory with their machine like passing and accuracy.

I like Bosnia (TP) ... a lot of very good young talent, and they are exciting to watch with their breakout speed and unpredictability ... Germany is so tough, though ... they'll be going deep. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2010, 02:49:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Holy crap, nice freekick by Goucouff, even better save!  :-X
Both plays were spectacular. That free kick was perfectly placed top corner and the save was awesome.

« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2010, 02:56:22 PM »

Offline Yugocelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
BTW, I expect Germany to perform well (they always do).  They played my country (Bosnia) in a friendly the other day and won 3-1 . Given they won because of 2 garbage penalties but still, Bosnia is a rising side with some young talent and they still pulled out a victory with their machine like passing and accuracy.

I like Bosnia (TP) ... a lot of very good young talent, and they are exciting to watch with their breakout speed and unpredictability ... Germany is so tough, though ... they'll be going deep. ;)

Thanks man, and yes, they're very exciting to watch, a little too exciting at times.. between them and the Celts, it will be the death of me.

Not to go too far off topic, but I think if we can shore up our defense a little bit and get up our conditioning (it killed us in the Germany friendly), I think they could qualify for the EURO.  Dzeko, Pjanic, Spahic, Misimovic, Salihovic, Ibisevic, Ibricic, fantastic players, very underrated. 

« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Love watching France ... very patient, great spacing and passing ... Uruguay seems a bit stressed at this point.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Lot of swerve on that new football ...

Diego Forlan looks dangerous for Uruguay but the rest of the squad isn't providing much. At least not when they have the ball.

France have a good team but they're lacking some inspiration and direction/leadership. Just going through the motions out there.

« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2010, 03:42:32 PM »

Offline Yugocelt

• Brad Stevens

Diego Forlan looks dangerous for Uruguay but the rest of the squad isn't providing much. At least not when they have the ball.

France have a good team but they're lacking some inspiration and direction/leadership. Just going through the motions out there.

France are a good squad but theres a severe lack of cohesion and leadership like you said.  Recently I read an article form an insider that said that cliques have been forming within the French NT.  The Muslims grouping together, the Black players, Christians, etc.

Very dis-organized.  I blame Domenech.

« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

France are a good squad but theres a severe lack of cohesion and leadership like you said.  Recently I read an article form an insider that said that cliques have bee

France are a good squad but theres a severe lack of cohesion and leadership like you said.  Recently I read an article form an insider that said that cliques have been forming within the French NT.  The Muslims grouping together, the Black players, Christians, etc.

n forming within the French NT.  The Muslims grouping together, the Black players, Christians, etc.

Link please Yugo?

I think the French team is talented but the manager is awful and their attitude is even worse. This game is not very good though, Luis Suarez, who I rate highly, has played poorly.

« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2010, 03:50:20 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
I don't like Anelka as a lone striker. He's moving too much to wings and keeping the middle open. I would put Henry instead one of the center midfielders, and Malouda (must play. had a terrific season) instead of Govou.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
there was an incident recently between Malouda and Domenech .. no surprise he is on the bench. Too bad for the French cause Malouda is in great shape. Also Anelka looks too isolated in the box. They should try Cisse

My fantasy team
                            Iker
                 Maicon  Pique Lucio Evra
                     Xavi Lambard Gerard
                   Cristiano Rooney Roben

Bench
Buffon
Lahm
Vidic
Schneider
Sergio Ramos
Kaka
Gekas :D

« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2010, 04:10:08 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Two yellow cards in 19 mins !!! Way to go Lodeiro !

« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2010, 04:31:35 PM »

Offline Yugocelt

• Brad Stevens
Kind of a chippy match.

Good job by the Ur. defense to hold on to that draw.

BTW, sorry I don't have any links about that article, it was like 7-8 months back.

« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »

Online Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Govou needs to go away for France. Malouda or Henry should be starting for France. Govou did nothing all game.

Forlan was pressing in the first half, after that it was all about Uruguay's defense.

« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2010, 05:16:57 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Dont forget to put your pronostico here

Play and Win tons of TPs to give them then.

FIFA WORLDCUP 2010, guess who will win.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=38719.msg779760;topicseen#new
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2010, 01:01:19 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Gotta try to take a nap so I can be up at 7 for the next game!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2010, 01:09:36 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Can't wait for the US - England game. Never been big England NT supporter so i think I will root for the underdogs in this one. Who knows, maybe history will repeat after 60 years.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels