Author Topic: Celtics "repeatedly" shopping Courtney Lee  (Read 12812 times)

Re: Celtics "repeatedly" shopping Courtney Lee
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2012, 04:27:23 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Who knows if it's true.   I don't think Lee's play is a problem - he's our best defensive perimeter player, and OK on the offense, save the low 3 pt percentage.

The statistics I've seen suggest otherwise.  Among our currently active backcourt players only Babosa has a worse defensive rating than Lee, with Terry's being the best and Rondo second. 

Of course this statistic is hardly a 'tell everything' stat, but I really see nothing outside of the "eye test" that suggests Lee's defense has been anything special.

As much as his individual defense can be quite solid, his team defense has been pretty mediocre.

Add to that his rediculously high turnover rate and it's hard to make a case for keeping hold of him.  He really doesn't do a whole lot of positive for us when he's out there.

Don't get me wrong Green has been terrible defensively as well, but at least he has been scoring the ball with some consistency over the last 6 or 7 games.

I'm not sure who's been a bigger dissapointment...Lee or Bass.

Re: Celtics "repeatedly" shopping Courtney Lee
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The statistics I've seen suggest otherwise.  Among our currently active backcourt players only Babosa has a worse defensive rating than Lee, with Terry's being the best and Rondo second. 

Of course this statistic is hardly a 'tell everything' stat, but I really see nothing outside of the "eye test" that suggests Lee's defense has been anything special.
Any stat where Terry leads something in defensive rating should immediately be qualified as "tell nothing" stat.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."