Author Topic: Kevin Durant & Celtics???  (Read 10386 times)

Re: Kevin Durant & Celtics???
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 01:08:58 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Wow, if we traded Hayward for Durant, AD's father would go nuts and Danny would look almost as cold-hearted as Belichick.

Mike

I think he'd like to be considered Belichick's peer

BTW trading a player to the champions or the finalists is not in my book cold hearted

This is an interesting point. I've considered Hayward and Horford essentially untouchable because they came here as free agents. But trading them to GSW ...? Maybe that's different.

Tatum might have a beef, going to the purgatory that is NOP, but that's just a downside of being on your rookie deal.

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2019, 01:12:00 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Wow, if we traded Hayward for Durant, AD's father would go nuts and Danny would look almost as cold-hearted as Belichick.

Mike

I think he'd like to be considered Belichick's peer

BTW trading a player to the champions or the finalists is not in my book cold hearted

This is an interesting point. I've considered Hayward and Horford essentially untouchable because they came here as free agents. But trading them to GSW ...? Maybe that's different.

Tatum might have a beef, going to the purgatory that is NOP, but that's just a downside of being on your rookie deal.
It would be cold. But then you realize you have Irving/Durant/Davis on your roster. Soooo yeah.

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2019, 01:26:15 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Durant and AD and Kyrie sounds amazing but its wishful thinking.

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2019, 08:19:55 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I really feel like Durant may come here if he dont stay with GS..sign and trade would work plus we keep Tatum and picks
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 08:35:22 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
The basis of the deal would be Hayward for Durant in a S&T

Then Tatum, MLE signing, 3 picks, Yabusele, Cash (up to 3 mill) for Davis

S&T Rozier so he can get what he wants and we get a cheaper backup PG, resign Theis, sign taxpayer MLE level player for backup depth at sg/sf spot.

Irving/Trade/Wannamaker
Smart/Brown/fa
Durant/Semi/fa
Horford/Theis/
Davis/Baynes/Williams

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2019, 08:46:45 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I think this may work because GS would lose KD for nothing and Hayward would be in a good spot.

The frameworks of the deals you laid out work. Horford would have to opt out and resign  2/20.

This is very plausible

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2019, 08:58:19 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
The basis of the deal would be Hayward for Durant in a S&T

Then Tatum, MLE signing, 3 picks, Yabusele, Cash (up to 3 mill) for Davis

S&T Rozier so he can get what he wants and we get a cheaper backup PG, resign Theis, sign taxpayer MLE level player for backup depth at sg/sf spot.

Irving/Trade/Wannamaker
Smart/Brown/fa
Durant/Semi/fa
Horford/Theis/
Davis/Baynes/Williams

From your lips...

Mike

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I don't think a sign-and-trade works for Durant but he has a player option for next year. He would just have to pick up his option under the condition that GS trades him to Boston for Hayward.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2019, 05:27:28 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Im telling u folks dont ignore this! Would not surprise me if it happens
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2019, 06:08:15 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Another thread with posters suggesting trading Horford or Hayward.

When O when are people going to realize that is NEVER going to happen.

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2019, 08:04:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Durant wants out of GS, rather than lose him for nothing Boston offers Hayward and a future first.

GS stays hyper competetive.

NOP trades Davis for Tatum and resigned Rozier starting at 16 mill and declining over 3 years, and picks picks and picks.

Horford opt out and resign at less $$ per season over more years.

Resign Morris for off bench

Resign Kyrie at max.

Vet FAs on the cheap. for sg-pf spots

Irving/Wannamaker/Dozier
Smart/Brown
Durant/Semi
Horford/Morris
Davis/Baynes/Williams

Best team in the league by a mile. 3 aphas, 2 superglue guys, and a super sub.
This is like a 2K trade.

I feel like if this happened - a likelihood I put at around 0.1% - then our bench would be flooded with vets looking for rings.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2019, 08:30:05 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Why would Golden State do that? It's one thing to get something in return for a player like KD, but you don't do that if it gives the other team a great chance at beating you in the finals. GS would be better served letting KD go to a bad team for no return than getting Horford/Hayward and a forst from us (especially since it would make sure they had money to keep Klay, etc.)

1- You dont waste any Steph years
2- You never let someone like Durant leave your team for nothing.

Giving Durant to the Celtics would make us a superteam. That would waste Curry's prime more than having a Curry/Thompson/Green core would.

Losing an asset for nothing matters when you are in an asset collection phase, but when you are contending you instead need to focus on what will most help/least harm your chances of winning it all. Trading the second best player in the world to an already good-to-great team would hurt their chances more than letting him join a non-contender like the Knicks or Clippers, even if they got nothing in return. The Curry/Klay/Green core won 73 games without KD, and they'll be fine if he leaves, too
I'm bitter.

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2019, 09:25:49 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Why would Golden State do that? It's one thing to get something in return for a player like KD, but you don't do that if it gives the other team a great chance at beating you in the finals. GS would be better served letting KD go to a bad team for no return than getting Horford/Hayward and a forst from us (especially since it would make sure they had money to keep Klay, etc.)

1- You dont waste any Steph years
2- You never let someone like Durant leave your team for nothing.

Giving Durant to the Celtics would make us a superteam. That would waste Curry's prime more than having a Curry/Thompson/Green core would.

Losing an asset for nothing matters when you are in an asset collection phase, but when you are contending you instead need to focus on what will most help/least harm your chances of winning it all. Trading the second best player in the world to an already good-to-great team would hurt their chances more than letting him join a non-contender like the Knicks or Clippers, even if they got nothing in return. The Curry/Klay/Green core won 73 games without KD, and they'll be fine if he leaves, too

And hayward reduces their odds?

How does that happen?

Cause I was advocating a hayward+ for durant.

I think any gm that is in championship contention would rather hayward and assets to nothing.

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2019, 12:29:21 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't see Durant being the type of player that will "challenge" himself by leaving the sure thing called Golden State Warriors. He had a chance to really make that type of statement a few years ago and he passed. 

It's simple for me, I don't want Davis here either unless we know he wants to resign. Before Danny pulls the trigger on getting rid of Jayson Tatum he better make very sure Davis will stay.

Because if he didn't and AD left, and we also lost Jayson Tatum... that for me it would be a hanging offense.

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2019, 12:48:44 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
It’s pretty well known around the league that Durant isn’t that happy in GS and I think the general consensus is that he’ll leave.  There was the whole dust up between him and Green earlier in the season where Durant was seen saying “that’s why I’m outta here” on camera.  I mean he’s fully avoiding any commitment when asked by the media and has all year.