Author Topic: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool  (Read 18986 times)

Re: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 09:33:53 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
You know what isn't cool, calling a Los Angeles basketball team the Lakers.  There hasn't been a lake in the Los Angeles area since the Paleozoic area.  When they left Minneapolis for LA they should have changed their name to the Glitz or the Glamor or the Showtime.

LOL

Besides being potentially juvenile, I'd love to hear a reasonable argument about why referring to the Heat as cHeat or Lakers as Fakers isn't "cool."

Are we hurting the organizations' feelings?  How about the players' or the fans' feelings?

In my opinion, Wade is one of the dirtiest players in NBA history (lest we forget Rondo's elbow or the Collison shove), and I consider being dirty a form of cheating, and he and LeBron are two of the biggest floppers in the NBA, and I consider flopping a form of cheating.  So, the name cHeat accurately refers to them, in my opinion.

And, for the Lakers... come on.  Is there anything genuine about Los Angeles or the Lakers' Hollywood fan base?  Nothing could be more fake, not even Jack Nicholson's peraly dentures.  Fake defines Los Angeles.  So, the name Fakers is apt.

You know what isn't cool, calling a Los Angeles basketball team the Lakers.  There hasn't been a lake in the Los Angeles area since the Paleozoic area.  When they left Minneapolis for LA they should have changed their name to the Glitz or the Glamor or the Showtime.

Because it isn't clever, looks pretty dumb, and offends me

It offends you?

deeply and personally

Did you get cheated on by lebron?

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 09:36:05 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
as well as red and black jerseys at the Gah-den. Gimme a break.

9/10ths of my post didn't post.....weird

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 09:37:13 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

LOL

Besides being potentially juvenile, I'd love to hear a reasonable argument about why referring to the Heat as cHeat or Lakers as Fakers isn't "cool."

Are we hurting the organizations' feelings?  How about the players' or the fans' feelings?

In my opinion, Wade is one of the dirtiest players in NBA history (lest we forget Rondo's elbow or the Collison shove), and I consider being dirty a form of cheating, and he and LeBron are two of the biggest floppers in the NBA, and I consider flopping a form of cheating.  So, the name cHeat accurately refers to them, in my opinion.

And, for the Lakers... come on.  Is there anything genuine about Los Angeles or the Lakers' Hollywood fan base?  Nothing could be more fake, not even Jack Nicholson's peraly dentures.  Fake defines Los Angeles.  So, the name Fakers is apt.

It offends you?

deeply and personally

You can't be serious

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 09:39:49 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 09:41:38 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
DKC Suns

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 09:43:47 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Man I can build up a whole bunch of negative nicknames for many teams in the NBA.

Most notably the Heat and Lakers!  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 09:50:32 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

LOL

It offends you?

deeply and personally

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I really don't get this one ... most who use it do it in fun, and tongue-in-cheek. This is truly much ado about nothing, IMO ... I personally try to be immature at least once-a-day. As Fred Flintstone would say, (to Wilma), "Loosen up the bone a bit!" ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
I live in miami and I EXCLUSIVELY call them the Cheat when speaking to these bandwagon fans. No heat fan can name more than 1 player on the bucks. Most couldnt name 1.

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 10:12:07 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Judas Shuttlesworth
Benedict Allen
LeBroid James
Queen James (LeQueen)
cHeat
Fakers

I use all regularly and will continue to use these names as they are clever because they bring in some element of truth/opinion to people/teams who are our enemies.

The primal, tribal, "us against them" element of sports that is so compelling and seductive, engenders this disrespect and amplifies the negative actions of our competition from often what may be slightly dishonorable to onerous and contemptible.

Calling our enemy mean names isn't cool....BooHoo!! ::)

Pretty soon these PC police will make us have a quota of purple and gold and red and black jerseys in the Gah-den.

Silly.

(this was the post that didn't post earlier.)

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 10:16:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Refer to title

Thank you

I feel bad that people still use the term "cHeat" in a thread which you specifically made to speak out against it. I guess I'll apologize for that, since I know how it feels when other people completely ignore you  ::)

But most of us Celtics fans strongly dislike the Heat (for rather obvious reasons) and it's only the letter "c"... I feel bad that it may get on your nerves, but unfortunately some things you can't change. Sorry.

I'll try to limit my own use of "cHeat" though.  8)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 10:21:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Judas Shuttlesworth
Benedict Allen
LeBroid James
Queen James (LeQueen)
cHeat
Fakers

I use all regularly and will continue to use these names as they are clever because they bring in some element of truth/opinion to people/teams who are our enemies.

The primal, tribal, "us against them" element of sports that is so compelling and seductive, engenders this disrespect and amplifies the negative actions of our competition from often what may be slightly dishonorable to onerous and contemptible.

Pretty soon these PC police will make us have a quota of purple and gold and red and black jerseys in the Gah-den.

Silly.

You left out Dwyane "Kung-Fu Fighting" Wade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kasTHolwOwI

Out of respect to OP I'll make sure I limit cHeat use.

I think Celtics Fans HAVE to have an edge, though...I'm sure MIA fans call BOS a LOT worse.

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30:56 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:37:07 PM by timobusa »

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2013, 10:35:27 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Judas Shuttlesworth
Benedict Allen
LeBroid James
Queen James (LeQueen)
cHeat
Fakers

Silly.

Nick names for individual players that I hate...

Queen James, LeBtch James, LeBroid James, LeBrick James
Judas, Gay Allen, Traitor
Dwyane Fade, Dwyane Lame...
Kobrick, KoMe, Kobtch, Ballhog
Pau Gasoft, Pau Gaysol
Derek Btcher
Marshmelo

I need to think more... ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)