Author Topic: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool  (Read 18755 times)

Re: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2013, 02:41:19 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Names that I hate for certain players

Gasol -- Llama
Lebron -- Curious George

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2013, 02:51:35 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
It begs the question: What exactly is it that a man can say that makes him 'cool' on an Internet forum dedicated to the Boston Celtics? I'm not asking for me, just for a friend of course.

Whatever I decide, in my own threads, of course

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2013, 03:34:07 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Refer to title

Thank you

I actually agree.  Much as I don't like the Heat, the nickname is pretty childish and actually not very offensive at all.

I strongly believe that Miami get a lot of special treatment from officials, from the league and from other players (everyone wants to sign for them at Vet Min) but that's something to blame the league for, not them.

I see Miami the same way the Lakers saw Boston back in the heyday - hate them, despite them, be disgusted by them...but still respect them.  After all they have won a lot of games, and they don't win themselves.

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2013, 04:37:24 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
It begs the question: What exactly is it that a man can say that makes him 'cool' on an Internet forum dedicated to the Boston Celtics? I'm not asking for me, just for a friend of course.

Whatever I decide, in my own threads, of course

It's a public forum even if you start your own threads.

You can't force people to stop using a word. Whether it makes them "cool" or "uncool" in your eyes is irrelevant.

At the end of the day, its not a derogatory/racist/offensive word.

It's just word play.

I'll call them the Miami cHeat whenever I feel like it.

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2013, 04:53:53 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Besides being potentially juvenile, I'd love to hear a reasonable argument about why referring to the Heat as cHeat or Lakers as Fakers isn't "cool."

Are we hurting the organizations' feelings?  How about the players' or the fans' feelings?

In my opinion, Wade is one of the dirtiest players in NBA history (lest we forget Rondo's elbow or the Collison shove), and I consider being dirty a form of cheating, and he and LeBron are two of the biggest floppers in the NBA, and I consider flopping a form of cheating.  So, the name cHeat accurately refers to them, in my opinion.

And, for the Lakers... come on.  Is there anything genuine about Los Angeles or the Lakers' Hollywood fan base?  Nothing could be more fake, not even Jack Nicholson's peraly dentures.  Fake defines Los Angeles.  So, the name Fakers is apt.

You know what isn't cool, calling a Los Angeles basketball team the Lakers.  There hasn't been a lake in the Los Angeles area since the Paleozoic area.  When they left Minneapolis for LA they should have changed their name to the Glitz or the Glamor or the Showtime.

I get the premise of your post, but it doesn't make sense to say you think playing dirty is a form of cheating and then be a Celtics fan. We are a particularly rough, dirty team. If you really feel this way you must think that Kevin Garnett is a cheater?

I personally like the nickname Fakers because it's a great play on words. The Cheat is a little more childish and infers that the refs help them win (which I don't believe they do at all- they have the best player in the world and two other top 25 players in the world on their team).

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2013, 05:04:11 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Note to Yang:
Don't tell them about your weakness, they'll just use it against you ;D

I like the term "Miami Hype". Because, you know, they're always being hyped. They're the champs but they're always being hyped up. I mean, when you log on to ESPN they have a ****' "Heat Index"! So, Hype is good enough for me. Go Celts.

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2013, 05:26:27 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Note to Yang:
Don't tell them about your weakness, they'll just use it against you ;D

I like the term "Miami Hype". Because, you know, they're always being hyped. They're the champs but they're always being hyped up. I mean, when you log on to ESPN they have a ****' "Heat Index"! So, Hype is good enough for me. Go Celts.
I like that one, folks are right cHeat just sounds childish really doesn't even make sense either
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2013, 06:04:35 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I don't care if people want to call them the cHeat, personally I think its stupid and not all that clever, but people have the right to do as they please. Its not hurting anyone or especially derogatory.

One thing I will say is that when I see it in posts it does make me take a little less stock in what that person has to say, similar to really poor grammar or intentional spelling mistakes. I just don't care for it. But to each their own.

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2013, 06:39:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
When Stern has the refs call the game the same for them as everyone else it would stop.  To me their last title will always be tainted ( our series was unfairly reffed and the finals)  that being said even I concede that LeBron is the best player on the planet right now.  But the star calls he gets is ridiculous, NEWSFLASH - He does not need them anymore.

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 07:37:55 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I could care less whether its cool for you or not. I'm gonna say what I want to say anyway (as long as its within rules of course)

Besides, I also don't think that saying something isn't cool, isn't cool either. You cool with that?

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I could care less whether its cool for you or not. I'm gonna say what I want to say anyway (as long as its within rules of course)

Besides, I also don't think that saying something isn't cool, isn't cool either. You cool with that?
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

The old 'triple "cool", double negative "cool"' response!!

Well played sir!!! TP.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:38:07 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2013, 11:57:33 AM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Is anyone on this site offended by the nickname "A-Roid.?"

Discuss amongst yourselves.

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
It's pretty much a schoolyardish level put down.  The equivalent of the Fakers or dare I say THE SMELLTICS (them' s fightin' words).   
Yup

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
It's pretty much a schoolyardish level put down.  The equivalent of the Fakers or dare I say THE SMELLTICS (them' s fightin' words).

LOL! I've heard worse from my friends that hate the Celtics.

Smelltics is pretty funny though