Author Topic: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool  (Read 18675 times)

Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool
« on: April 13, 2013, 07:38:55 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Refer to title

Thank you

Re: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
beat the cHeat :D

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:50:23 PM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
Refer to title

Thank you
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! how about the cheaters! ;D

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 07:56:34 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I also don't like it, but i think in general most of those nicknames are dumb.

Not because I don't like jokes that make fun of basketball players...I just think its a bad joke.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I also don't like it, but i think in general most of those nicknames are dumb.

Not because I don't like jokes that make fun of basketball players...I just think its a bad joke.

Yeah.  I think it's fine to heap scorn on Miami and LA; I just think that "Cheat" and "Fakers" are juvenile nicknames.  Folks can be more creative than that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Miami...wHeat!!!  :D
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 08:20:48 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Well, I use cHeat and Fakers all the time and many more nicknames. Whether you guys think that makes me juvenile or w/e it doesn't make a difference. I'll be serious when it actually matters. To each their own.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 08:39:19 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Miami cHeat
Miami cHeat
Miami cHeat
Miami cHeat
Miami cHeat
Miami cHeat
Miami cHeat
Miami cHeat

I'm juvenile.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
I've heard way worse nicknames for the Celtics...Who really cares? It's just stupid nicknames for teams you root against.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 08:46:59 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Yeah I liken it to bringing up "SpyGate" when attempting to discredit anything the Pats ever accomplished.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 09:11:42 PM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Besides being potentially juvenile, I'd love to hear a reasonable argument about why referring to the Heat as cHeat or Lakers as Fakers isn't "cool."

Are we hurting the organizations' feelings?  How about the players' or the fans' feelings?

In my opinion, Wade is one of the dirtiest players in NBA history (lest we forget Rondo's elbow or the Collison shove), and I consider being dirty a form of cheating, and he and LeBron are two of the biggest floppers in the NBA, and I consider flopping a form of cheating.  So, the name cHeat accurately refers to them, in my opinion.

And, for the Lakers... come on.  Is there anything genuine about Los Angeles or the Lakers' Hollywood fan base?  Nothing could be more fake, not even Jack Nicholson's peraly dentures.  Fake defines Los Angeles.  So, the name Fakers is apt.

You know what isn't cool, calling a Los Angeles basketball team the Lakers.  There hasn't been a lake in the Los Angeles area since the Paleozoic area.  When they left Minneapolis for LA they should have changed their name to the Glitz or the Glamor or the Showtime.

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 09:18:14 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
Besides being potentially juvenile, I'd love to hear a reasonable argument about why referring to the Heat as cHeat or Lakers as Fakers isn't "cool."

Are we hurting the organizations' feelings?  How about the players' or the fans' feelings?

In my opinion, Wade is one of the dirtiest players in NBA history (lest we forget Rondo's elbow or the Collison shove), and I consider being dirty a form of cheating, and he and LeBron are two of the biggest floppers in the NBA, and I consider flopping a form of cheating.  So, the name cHeat accurately refers to them, in my opinion.

And, for the Lakers... come on.  Is there anything genuine about Los Angeles or the Lakers' Hollywood fan base?  Nothing could be more fake, not even Jack Nicholson's peraly dentures.  Fake defines Los Angeles.  So, the name Fakers is apt.

You know what isn't cool, calling a Los Angeles basketball team the Lakers.  There hasn't been a lake in the Los Angeles area since the Paleozoic area.  When they left Minneapolis for LA they should have changed their name to the Glitz or the Glamor or the Showtime.

Because it isn't clever, looks pretty dumb, and offends me

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em

LOL

It offends you?
DKC Suns

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2013, 09:28:02 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
 :-[   so what if it aint cool. Those cHeaters  will never gain any respect for me.. I despise  them with a passion. 

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2013, 09:30:01 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday

LOL

It offends you?

deeply and personally