Author Topic: Sam Hinkie was a genius. He's 100% right now.  (Read 36971 times)

Sam Hinkie was a genius. He's 100% right now.
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:15:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Hinkie already won this team is an outstanding success already at this stage and he told ownership he was executing a 7-year plan. He's way ahead of schedule and imagine if they drafted Porzingis instead of Okafor.

Or if they sign LeBron next year they will win a ring next year. And what thanks does Hinkie get. Fired. Tanking works. That's really weak how they treated that guy, he should have a GM job right now.

Re: Sam Hinkie was a genius. He's 100% right now.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:20:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 11:34:15 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Or you can have actual player development instead of the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.show we’ve watched.. A 7 year rebuild to be the fourth or fifth best team in the east isn’t exactly dazzling.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 11:36:42 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
if we were tanking we would've had a chance at simmons and Jaylen. instead we were glad we had a dead end team that was in a rush to lose in the 1st rnd.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 11:40:07 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Things look good for them at the moment, but they haven't won anything yet, or even come close. And I still expect Embiid to get injured again.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 11:46:36 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I guess drafting Nerlens Noel and Jahlil Okafor worked well for them. ::)

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 11:51:28 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Things look good for them at the moment, but they haven't won anything yet, or even come close. And I still expect Embiid to get injured again.
We have won anything yet or even come close either. 

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 11:55:41 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Or you can have actual player development instead of the ****show we’ve watched.. A 7 year rebuild to be the fourth or fifth best team in the east isn’t exactly dazzling.
It was a 4 year rebuild.  This is the 5th season and they finished with the 5th best record in the league and had the 4th best point differential.   

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 12:00:41 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I never understood why they fired him. Why would you allow him to execute a 7 year plan but not give him 7 years? IIRC he offered management a 3 year, 5 year, and 7 year rebuild and they chose the 7 year plan, but then fired him 3 years in. Doesn't make sense.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 12:01:16 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Yes. Hinkie is a genius. In 5 years, the Process has already succeeded.  With continued growth of their two franchise players, possibly the Lakers pick and a max FA this offseason, and whatever Fultz gives you... this is the team to beat for the future of the East.

But let's not forget all the other individuals that made this success possible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58BexRFV2sw
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 12:08:02 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
I never understood why they fired him. Why would you allow him to execute a 7 year plan but not give him 7 years? IIRC he offered management a 3 year, 5 year, and 7 year rebuild and they chose the 7 year plan, but then fired him 3 years in. Doesn't make sense.

Because he would have continued his blatant tanking even after acquiring franchise players. It was only in Collangelo's tenure that the organization decided to stop tanking by signing solid veteran players. Part of the Sixer's success this season are veteran presence like Amir, Reddick and Bellinelli.

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 12:10:15 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Exactly. If you take off the green tinted glasses, their young core is just as good as ours is.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 12:11:54 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Because he would have continued his blatant tanking even after acquiring franchise players. It was only in Collangelo's tenure that the organization decided to stop tanking by signing solid veteran players. Part of the Sixer's success this season are veteran presence like Amir, Reddick and Bellinelli.
Maybe, but who's to say that's a better strategy. It simply doesn't make sense for the 76ers management to endorse a 7 year plan, and then only give him 3.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 12:19:48 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

Maybe, but who's to say that's a better strategy. It simply doesn't make sense for the 76ers management to endorse a 7 year plan, and then only give him 3.

Sixers showed no improvement during his 3-year tenure. I would fire someone too if I see no improvements with the team in that time span.  At least with Danny, we see improvements every year. Let's not forget he have wasted two top 10 picks already for nothing. That's like praising the Cavs management for drafting Lebron James when it was a no-brainer.

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 12:20:37 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Exactly. If you take off the green tinted glasses, their young core is just as good as ours is.

I think people are tired of hearing the sixers and how good they're going to be.