Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 36681 times)

Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2019, 04:02:59 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Wonder if Brady pulled the offer for Brown to stay with him until he finds a place. I am sure that is just what Giselle wants around her kids, an accused rapist.

I wonder if Brown goes Lloyd Christmas and just says to Tom, “tell her I’m rich and I’m good looking and I have a rapist wit”.

« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2019, 04:19:34 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'll hand it to bill, the man always finds a way to exploit loopholes in league rules. Look no further than this latest story.  Currently there's no rule against having a Jedi on your team and from what I hear, AB has to be jedi master. The woman kept working with him after being assaulted not one, not 2, but 3 times. What we have here is AB has the mind tick down to a science.

In seriousness though, I was hoping this clown would get punished by the league for his actions in Oak. Now it looks like if he's punished it will be over something unrelated allowing the precedent he set to go on.

If she is telling the truth, this part may really become a roadblock in her testimony. Nobody - ever - deserves to be raped, especially if they are being sympathetic, but man, what in the world was she thinking by continuing to work with a dude she saw as a threat?

It will be interesting to see what the Pats do, but unless more specific details come out that prove Brown committed such an egregious act (rape), I doubt they will dump him just for being a creep.

« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2019, 06:39:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'll hand it to bill, the man always finds a way to exploit loopholes in league rules. Look no further than this latest story.  Currently there's no rule against having a Jedi on your team and from what I hear, AB has to be jedi master. The woman kept working with him after being assaulted not one, not 2, but 3 times. What we have here is AB has the mind tick down to a science.

I really wish people would quit citing the fact that the people involved had repeat encounters as something that undermines the credibility of the allegation.

It's extremely common that people who are abused / assaulted etc do not initially acknowledge the behavior as such and continue to have interactions with the aggressor.

I would agree that it's hard to accept or understand from an outside perspective.  You would think that if a person treats you like that, you would never have anything to do with that person ever again.

It's rarely that simple, though.  This sort of fact pattern comes up time and time again and there is absolutely no reason to believe that every time it does the person is lying.

I'm not a mental health professional but I believe the medical consensus is that there are complicated but well established explanations for why people continue to have contact w/ abusers despite grotesque, even violent behavior.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I normally side with the victim if the victim is credible. While she is with what is in the text, his counter claims of her wanting a $1.6 million "financial investment" in her business that included hundreds of thousands for personal use, and the timing of it all.....I am not sure on this one. It's really muddled.

Sure, her subsequent behavior can be explained as almost "shock" and trying to explain away the horror by acting as if nothing happened and trying to forget about it all. It is a defensive reflex to compartmentalize trauma.

On the other hand, did they have rough sex one night, a little while later she was told by Brown he isn't going to invest, after more cajoling she decides to use the rough sex night against him as rape, hoping he pays the $1.6 million for her silence on a completely false charge?

For some reason, I am not finding her completely credible, at this point in time. I want to see what else comes out before making up my mind.

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2019, 07:16:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I really wish people would quit citing the fact that the people involved had repeat encounters as something that undermines the credibility of the allegation.

It's extremely common that people who are abused / assaulted etc do not initially acknowledge the behavior as such and continue to have interactions with the aggressor.

I would agree that it's hard to accept or understand from an outside perspective.  You would think that if a person treats you like that, you would never have anything to do with that person ever again.

It's rarely that simple, though.  This sort of fact pattern comes up time and time again and there is absolutely no reason to believe that every time it does the person is lying.

I'm not a mental health professional but I believe the medical consensus is that there are complicated but well established explanations for why people continue to have contact w/ abusers despite grotesque, even violent behavior.

Since I am one of those people you are referring to, I feel I should explain myself. I am not saying she is even lying, just that it was odd that she continued a working relationship with Brown after what seemed like an unforgivable act (ejaculating on her while she slept).

In general I would agree with you that a victim continually going back to an abuser doesn't prove that he/she is lying about an abuse; but in most cases, that relationship is generally one of a personal/sexual nature, not a professional working one as is the case between Brown and Taylor.

Pretend you've hired a personal trainer. First you whip out your thing and kiss her. After giving you another chance, you inexplicably do 'that' on her while she's sleeping. Wouldn't you think it odd if that person decided to work with you again? But please let me clarify that I believe it's certainly possible and millionaire athletes (or anyone) obviously have a lot of influence. Ughh, this whole thing is just a mess. Why do people have to be so scummy?

« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2019, 09:35:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
a couple of things I read the allegation and it didnt appear to me that he masturbated on her while she was asleep. It does not say she was asleep. Also, it appears that this allegation were out there very close to when the Patriots signed him. There is a tweet of the text messages on September 7, 2019, When did the Pats sign him?

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2019, 10:12:45 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If this Unit is healthy and sane, this will be the best one two three combination a wide receiver that the NFL has ever seen.

I took a guess about the most productive one two three of all time and I was actually right Isaac Bruce Torry Holt and Az Akeem, we're by far the most productive 1 2 3 combo in NFL history.

Josh Gordon 6'4" 240 pounds
Julian Edelman 5'11" 200 pounds
Antonio Brown 5'10" 186 pounds

This is the most talented trio in NFL history although a little Old.

Jakobi Myers is gonna be good. 6'2" 200 pounds

Dorset is a speed demon.

Nkeal Harry first round pick this year, is due back week 6 the depth of this receiving corps is all-time great.

« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2019, 10:28:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

If this Unit is healthy and sane, this will be the best one two three combination a wide receiver that the NFL has ever seen.

I took a guess about the most productive one two three of all time and I was actually right Isaac Bruce Torry Holt and Az Akeem, we're by far the most productive 1 2 3 combo in NFL history.

Dorset is a speed demon.

Nkeal Harry first round pick this year, is due back week 6 the depth of this receiving corps is all-time great.
Josh Gordon is 240??
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2019, 10:42:56 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Dorset is a speed demon.

run the spread offense/air raid offense.

« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2019, 10:46:13 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
showing the up and comers the wrong way..

embarrassing

« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2019, 11:00:56 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

According to the Complaint she did cut off contact with Brown after the masturbation incident, which was in June 2017.  He apparently started texting her asking her to work with him again in February 2018, and she finally agreed with a bunch of conditions sometime in March 2018 and started working with him again on weekends in April 2018.  He was meeting her conditions until May 20 when after a night out a club, she alleges he raped her.  She went back the next day to pick up her belongings that were left at his home and didn't work with him again.

She also states she was in a long term relationship with someone else and he actually proposed to her a couple of weeks after the rape. 

Doesn't strike me as a money grab.  Seems very credible, especially when you have the disgusting text messages Brown sent her. 

Here is the Complaint.  A couple of the texts are actually pasted in it. 

https://haaslawpllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/1_Complaint.pdf
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2019, 11:08:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
This guy is a legit dirt bag, but then again the Patriots had a legit murderer on the team for a while in Aaron Hernandez. To the organization the only thing that matters is the bottom line.

I'd be disgusted if the Celtics had a person like this on the roster.

« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2019, 08:41:45 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
It seems like people treat this as an either/or.  It can be true that she was trying get him to put up some money and also that he abused/assaulted/raped her.  She could very well have been batting her eyelashes, being friendly, leading him on, in order to get him to invest in her training business or whatever (I am speculating, I don't know this of course).  That behavior could be very questionable but if he did the things he is alleged to have done, it doesn't matter.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

Now if she entered into consensual sex and then is pretending to have been raped in order to get money, that is a whole different thing.

« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

It's kinda like the "a person with racist beliefs would never be friends with/work with/date a person of another race" of sexual assault. The alleged victim has to pass purity test after purity test while the alleged wrongdoer is absolved by nearly anything.

That said, zero idea as to the truth of these specific allegations. But just keeping on working with a gross, abusive guy is something at minimum thousands of women and more than a few men do. Women kept working with Weinstein, Moonves, Lauer, Ailes, O'Reilly, Charlie Rose etc and men kept working with Spacey. Doesn't mean those guys weren't abusive creeps, in most to all cases criminally.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:47:03 AM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2019, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

Comes down to credibility. Sure there are some people who keep going back, but she left for 7 months and then forgave him only to have it happen again. It's not like they were married or in some deep relationship. He was hiring her, she didn't need to go back.

Still don't believe in Joe.