Author Topic: Lavar: Lonzo will LEAVE Lakers if they don't sign the other 2 Ball brothers  (Read 5415 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
 ;D magic johnson put himself in a hole

This guy lavar is using his sons like bargaining chips. He says lonzo will go to any nba team that will accept all 3 sons. He also calls them the original big 3...

https://twitter.com/Urbodo/status/963142648348409857
LaVar Ball said Lonzo Ball will attempt to leave the Lakers if the franchise doesn't sign LaMelo Ball and LiAngelo Ball.

Lonzo Ball's two younger brothers are currently playing in Lithuania. Lonzo Ball would be unable to leave as an unrestricted free agent until the 22-23 season.

"I want all my three boys to play for the Lakers," said LaVar Ball. "But if that does not happen, I'm telling you the story that's gonna happen first. If they don't take Gelo this year, I (will) bring Gelo here (Prienai) to play with Melo for two years. Lonzo will be on his third year and I want to let let every NBA team know that Lonzo is not going to re-sign with the Lakers but will go to any team that will take all of my three boys. That's my plan.

"Lonzo plays best when is with his brother. Why wouldn't - he is hell of a shooter. They don't play the same position. You see how successful he was when he was with his brother?

"Why wouldn't you be smart and say: so, you want your brother? Come on, let's complete the Royal Flush and get the other brother.

"We don't have to go to any draft, just him in free agency. You don't have to give Gelo $15 million. Give my million for three years, we'll take it. Cause they make so much money off the court.

"So now you win championship after championship on the fact that my boys will never leave. That's what I mean: championship, championship, championship. You got to keep the team together for a long time, but you can't because more money is offered, that's why guys jumping between the teams.

"But what's better than three Ball boys together? The Big Three. The original Big Three.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:16:58 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
LOL, this is so ridiculous I struggle to believe it’s real. Magic really has to put him in his place (or not, I don’t mind it ;D )

I don’t know who would offer any of them much money, they’ve proved literally nothing. Even Lonzo has proven very little
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
This guy is so unbelievably amazing.

Keep on that crazy grind, LaVar.
CELTICS 2024

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Sooooooo glad we didn't take Ball...whole family are idiots
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Guess Lonzo is going to play in the G-League with his brother then. No way a team is going to 'waste' roster spots on non-NBA talents unless LiAngelo is offered a two-way contract.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Guess Lonzo is going to play in the G-League with his brother then. No way a team is going to 'waste' roster spots on non-NBA talents unless LiAngelo is offered a two-way contract.
you kind of answered it... There has to be a team that thinks lonzo and lamelo are so good that giving a small contract and roster spot to gelo is worth it. Melo is top 7 in his class.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Didn't anyone tell Lavar that teams can ship players around the continent without their consent?
Good luck with the 3B brand in say - Charlotte.

He'd be wearing Jordans within a week.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Good luck with that, Lavar.

Pretending for a moment both brothers are actually good enough to get drafted, there isn't much the Lakers can do if one of them gets selected prior to the Lakers' draft slot.

But hey, maybe Lonzo will enjoy playing in Lithuania.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
He's driving his NBA quality son (debatable) out of the league. Good job daddy.

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

Pretending for a moment both brothers are actually good enough to get drafted, there isn't much the Lakers can do if one of them gets selected prior to the Lakers' draft slot.

I think that depends on whether or not they are drafted in the 1st round. If they are drafted in the 2nd round they could - as far as I know - declare that they are only willing to sign a 1-year contract (just like K.J. McDaniels with Philly back in 2014), thus allowing them freely to sign with the Lakers once their contract runs out the following summer. So essentially the Lakers could wait one year for them to become free agents, and I imagine that the brothers (and Lavar) wouldn't mind waiting that long.

LiAngelo - IMO - is not good enough to get drafted in the first round but LaMelo, on the other hand, is another story provided that he improves his decision making and his effort on the defensive end.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:25:25 AM by TA9 »
Jack of all trades, master of none.

Re: Lavar: Lonzo will LEAVE Lakers if they don't sign the other 2 Ball brothers
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 07:26:24 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think that depends on whether or not they are drafted in the 1st round. If they are drafted in the 2nd round they could - as far as I know - declare that they are only willing to sign a 1-year contract (just like K.J. McDaniels with Philly back in 2014), thus allowing them freely to sign with the Lakers once their contract runs out the following summer. So essentially the Lakers could wait a year for them to become free agents, and I imagine that the brothers (and Lavar) wouldn't mind waiting one year.

LiAngelo - IMO - is not good enough to get drafted in the first round but LaMelo, on the other hand, is another story provided that he improves his decision making and his effort on the defensive end.

2nd round picks are RFA's for their first three years.  A team could theoretically just match any offer sheet.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 07:57:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think they will call his bluff on that one and no one in the NBA will sign all three.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 08:09:22 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I hope Lonzo has started working on his Lithuanian to make the process easier

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 08:46:17 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I guess you have to appreciate that level of confidence; however, Lavar seems to have gone full-blown delusional now. Wow!

And of course Lonzo played better when he was with his brother(s)...he was in HIGH SCHOOL! Now he is playing against NBA players.

The Lakers can at least take solace that they drafted Kuzma this year.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:12:13 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 09:08:10 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Obviously this guy is delusional and isn't taking his prescriptions.  Maybe the drugstores in Lithuania have them on back order.  The Lakers had to know what they were getting themselves into when they drafted.