Author Topic: Tiger Woods seriously injured in car crash (& Subsequent Events)  (Read 21975 times)

Re: Tiger Woods seriously injured in car crash
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 09:26:49 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Tiger's got much bigger problems than the police at the moment, judging from his voicemail and sexting skills....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 09:42:57 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I 100% agree with Atzar's take.  Until a real crime has been proven, this is none of our business.  I mean, people at work who know nothing about sports are rambling on about this.  Tiger doesn't have to say anything to the public, and the media shouldn't hound the guy.  Until more information comes out, this really isn't news.  $100 traffic violations and fender benders aren't normally headlines.

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 09:48:52 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I 100% agree with Atzar's take.  Until a real crime has been proven, this is none of our business.  I mean, people at work who know nothing about sports are rambling on about this.  Tiger doesn't have to say anything to the public, and the media shouldn't hound the guy.  Until more information comes out, this really isn't news.  $100 traffic violations and fender benders aren't normally headlines.

When Tiger started leaving a virtual "paper trail" of dirty text messages and disingenuous voicemails, he made it our business. To suggest that Tiger didn't willingly make himself into a role model and icon for his own profit is naive -- almost as naive as he apparently acted in recent weeks -- so he's got no one to blame but himself for his actions.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 09:51:50 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
But domestic violence is a real crime and it is probably the hardest one to prove and least reported because of the feelings for each other of the people involved. If Tiger was attacked and rendered incapable of driving because he was attacked by his wife in a jealous rage and then while trying to leave crashed the car, those are serious crimes.

We will never know because like most other domestic violence crimes the victim won't press charges against the perpetrator. But if this was the way it went down, it's lucky someone else, an innocent, wasn't also hurt while Tiger was out trying to drive away from his wife.

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 09:55:49 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
But domestic violence is a real crime and it is probably the hardest one to prove and least reported because of the feelings for each other of the people involved. If Tiger was attacked and rendered incapable of driving because he was attacked by his wife in a jealous rage and then while trying to leave crashed the car, those are serious crimes.

We will never know because like most other domestic violence crimes the victim won't press charges against the perpetrator. But if this was the way it went down, it's lucky someone else, an innocent, wasn't also hurt while Tiger was out trying to drive away from his wife.
True but Tiger isn't pressing charges.  I don't think the general public should be attempting to press charges for the guy.

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 10:00:53 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

True but Tiger isn't pressing charges.  I don't think the general public should be attempting to press charges for the guy.
True. But the general public and the media hate being lied to and will investigate and look into something for a long, long time to try to find the truth of something and it's pretty obvious the entire truth hasn't been released yet.

Tiger's best chance for this going away, given the size of his fame and the perfect image he went out of his way to promote, is for another giant news story to break that will switch the attention away from him. Otherwise, the scrutiny will be there for a long while until some answers are forthcoming.

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 10:08:04 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

True. But the general public and the media hate being lied to and will investigate and look into something for a long, long time to try to find the truth of something and it's pretty obvious the entire truth hasn't been released yet.

Tiger's best chance for this going away, given the size of his fame and the perfect image he went out of his way to promote, is for another giant news story to break that will switch the attention away from him. Otherwise, the scrutiny will be there for a long while until some answers are forthcoming.

Have you heard and read the messages? The legal issue related to the car crash is a non-issue now. He's got far bigger problems (divorce, loss of endorsements) to worry about....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 10:09:31 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Have you heard and read the messages? The legal issue related to the car crash is a non-issue now. He's got far bigger problems (divorce, loss of endorsements) to worry about....
No. I missed those.

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

No. I missed those.

Was wondering if folks in this thread were aware. You'll soon hear. He's toast.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 10:19:33 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

No he's not.
First of all, at this point, there are only allegations, nothing definitive (despite what TMZ may want us to think).
Second of all, if Kobe Bryant's image can be barely tarnished by alleged rape, then Tiger's alleged "sexting" will be a barely noticeable blip.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
The only real crime is that Tiger has questionable morals.  C'mon Tiger you can do better than some pay by night low rent bartender.

Eldrich has the scruples of John Daly.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 10:23:49 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

No he's not.
First of all, at this point, there are only allegations, nothing definitive (despite what TMZ may want us to think).
Second of all, if Kobe Bryant's image can be barely tarnished by alleged rape, then Tiger's alleged "sexting" will be a barely noticeable blip.

Yeah right the only people that don't think he's a Piece of crap is Kobe kids.  Of course he didn't even pay for his.  He took it without permission.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 10:52:49 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
In an interview to the media, a retired NYPD detective said when they were interviewing him about the Tiger things.  It went along the lines of "it's sad that there are all this coverage over what many would consider a minor accident taking up time when we have four police officers killed."
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 11:20:04 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Tiger is far from toast.  The list of names that this story relates to is endless; A-Rod, Kobe, Wilt, Magic.  I don't think stories like this hurt them in the long run. 

I was a fan of Tiger before this incident and I still am today.  I admire him because of the way he plays golf not how he handles his private affairs.  I also am nowhere near surprised that this revelation come out.  He is world famous athlete who just surpassed A BILLION dollars in earnings.  I'm not too surprised that he sleeps around.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

No he's not.

wrong. listen to his message to the cocktail waitress and tell me he isn't going to have serious problems maintaining his school boy image.

tiger sold himself as an american icon -- a revolutionary, if you will -- due in large part to the perceived exclusivity of the sport he conquered, one that was previously seen as only for the spoiled. now he's the one that looks spoiled, not to mention stupid and infintile.

kobe's got nothing to do with it. tiger will now be labeled a dirtbag, and if you don't think that has larger implications for woods than a guy like kobe bryant, than i think you're missing the point.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)