Author Topic: Favorite Pro Wrestler of all-time  (Read 53542 times)

Re: Favorite Pro Wrestler of all-time
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2008, 11:50:41 PM »

Offline oarnanchor

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
how about Pedro Morales, Baron Mikel Scicluna, Big John Stud, Super Star Billy Graham, Ernie "the Cat" Ladd, Rocky Johnson, Tony Altas, Classie Freddie Blassie (wrestler and manager), Jessie The BODY Ventura, Killer Kowalski, the unpredictable Johnny Rodz, Nikoli Volkolff, the Blackjacks and the Grand Wizard of Wrestling.  Lastly for those from Dorchester, you have the Duke of Dorchester Pete Doherty

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2008, 11:52:31 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I just want to say I'm disappointed in each and everyone of you.  No mention of Trish Stratus yet?  ;D  Let's just say if we all had the choice to meet any wrestler ever, she'd probably be the first person on every single one of our lists. I would post a picture, but I don't think the mods would like it. 

Oh man I'm with ya there. She's just awesome in every way.

« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2008, 11:53:29 PM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
i am a child of the late eighties early 90's....
Hulk Hogan.. ultimate warrior.....EARLY undertaker...
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2008, 12:10:14 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
i am a child of the late eighties early 90's....
Hulk Hogan.. ultimate warrior.....EARLY undertaker...

Early Undertaker was awesome, remember when Brother Love was managing him?

His whole biker angle was awful though, he had the best gimmick ever, shouldn't mess with a thing like that.

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2008, 02:28:01 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
i cant find my post.. but here it is

jimmy snuka
bret hart
ken shamrock
the undertaker
yokozuna
the rock
farooq
brock lesnar
trish stratus(oh yeah shes sooo hot)

tags

the rockers
the megapowers(hogan and macho man)
legion of doom
the acolytes
the wild samoans

referee

bennet salvatore

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=banzai+drop&search_type=

« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2008, 02:46:29 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Raven (Scott Levy).  I loved some of his speeches from back in ECW and WCW.  He said some demented stuff.  I think he might have been one of the greatest ever at doing promos.  I loved him.  You can probably find a lot of that stuff on youtube.  Those guys in ECW changed the whole way they presented professional wrestling.  Kinda stopped following after his last WWF stint though so I don't know much about his days in TNA other than the clockwork orange house of fun.   
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:54:25 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2008, 04:41:02 AM »

Offline The Real Large James

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
George "The Animal" Steele. And then maybe Bepo and Gito, The Mongol Twins.

« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2008, 05:01:27 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Moose Cholak! 

« Reply #128 on: July 10, 2008, 07:19:53 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I was a nut about wrestling growing up in the 80s.  Used to save my pennies to buy mags like PWI and The Wrestler.

The Road Warriors were number for me.  During their run in the AWA, they were genuinely frightening.  The would just run into the ring and beat people up.

Stan Hansen
Hulk Hogan
The Von Erichs
Abdullah the Butcher
Terry Funk
Cactus Jack
The Four Horseman
The Midnight Express
Larry Zybesko
Barry windham
Kevin Sullivan
The Freebirds
Sting

And those posts about Macho Man's elbow drop are dead on.  Dude seemed like he could climb forever.

Other good finishers
Flair's figure four
Lugar's Human Torture Rack
Road Warrior's big clothesline
Rocker's double dropkick off the top rope
Col. Debeers face first piledriver

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2008, 07:37:33 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Just wanted to throw a shout out for the first bad guy I ever liked.

Larry Zybisco.

Back when the WWE was the WWWF on Saturday morning only, UHF television and every match was as boring as they got and you saw a world championship match(single or for the titles) only once every year or so, Larry was Bruno Samartino's apprentice/protege.

They tagged together and Bruno would be at Larry's matches all the time, even the squash matches which were the ones on television mostly back then.

And then the WWWF did something they never did. They turned good guy Larry into a backstabbing, ungreatful, attention grabbing dink. And they played the entire fued out over television with constant run in's and ambushes and the like on Bruno. Almost every week.

Back then you were lucky to see Bruno wrestle on television 6 times a year. Bruno was always the gate attraction you had to pay to see. To see him on television so much in a public fued was awesome TV. They never gave the belt to Zybisco so he went south but that fued is one of the WWE's most famous fueds ever. It's how Larry stole his "Living Legend" monika from Bruno.

I loved Larry because when they finally let him loose on the mic he could talk and Bruno on the mic was a human Ambien pill. It was just so much more fun to like Larry.

It's what made Ric Flair so great because, except for Dusty Rhodes, most of the good guys in NWA couldn't talk either. It made Flair so much more watchable and likable even if you did want to see him lose every week only to see him do it but retain the title nonetheless.
WOW that is a name that I didn't come up with but can picture him well, Larry Zybisco.

« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2008, 08:46:21 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
let's not forget the voice behind the microphone...Eugene "Mean Gene" Okerlund. ;)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2008, 08:56:49 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
anyone ever meet a closet wrestling fan?  one of my favorites was I was telling some girl I was going to a wrestling show that weekend, and she's like oh Wrestlemania? And I'm like no, I forget now what it was, some ppv in Boston, but anyways, she's like oh isn't John Cena defending the title against whoever, and I'm say yes, then she goes into this whole thing about how she knew him when he was the prototype - turns out she used to date him and follows it regularly (or him regularly more likely) but the wrestlemania line was definitely thrown in there to make it look like she didnt' know what she was talking about
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2008, 10:29:15 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
anyone ever meet a closet wrestling fan?  one of my favorites was I was telling some girl I was going to a wrestling show that weekend, and she's like oh Wrestlemania? And I'm like no, I forget now what it was, some ppv in Boston, but anyways, she's like oh isn't John Cena defending the title against whoever, and I'm say yes, then she goes into this whole thing about how she knew him when he was the prototype - turns out she used to date him and follows it regularly (or him regularly more likely) but the wrestlemania line was definitely thrown in there to make it look like she didnt' know what she was talking about

was she a "girlfriend?"  wouldn't want to have to follow that act... :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

Offline 86 Celtics

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
I already mentioned Roddy Piper...but now I am thinking Stacy Keibler...hmmmmmmmm.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.

« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2008, 06:20:07 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

was she a "girlfriend?"  wouldn't want to have to follow that act... :)

haha she wasn't, just a random girl I met, yeah that'd be a tough act to follow no doubt
When you love life, life loves you right back