Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359514 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #570 on: December 02, 2013, 01:32:35 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The governor is definitely dead, his name of was on the 'dead list' on the talk show, and the actor who played the governor talked about his death, briefly. 

Interestingly enough, Judith's name was not on the 'dead list', and the writer who was being interviewed would not give any details when asked.

governor is definitely dead

can you imagine if the 2nd half is set place 15-20 years later and Judith is actually still alive

« Reply #571 on: December 02, 2013, 07:26:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Shot of the stunt doubles on set:

Carl's double is a 31 year old woman  ;D  Also I guess Rick either doesn't have one or he was off work that day.

« Reply #572 on: December 02, 2013, 07:57:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Interestingly enough, Judith's name was not on the 'dead list', and the writer who was being interviewed would not give any details when asked.

This show is not always right.   David Morrisey lied to them the week before about being good.   I would not read into the dead list.

Kirkman actually said there was a lot of blood in the carrier. So he aluded to the fact that she could be dead. 

I found it wild, how long Herschel lived after having  his carotid artery cut.  I think he would have passed out swiftly from  exsanguination and died and not all the crawling around the tank.   Ditto for the governor.  He practically gets stabbed right through his spine, right where his subclavian artery is located and he lives like forever.  Both would have went into shock and passed out I wager.

« Reply #573 on: December 02, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Okay, you say the Governor is dead but why is he the only person to be killed and not be shown when he was a major character... on the talking dead they talked why it was Michonne who got to kill him, technically she didn't kill him, the girlfriend shot him in the head. I already said the zombies didn't get him b/c the g/f could have turned the gun on them instead of him. I just don't get how a major character like The Governor doesn't get an on screen death, they panned away. Michonne should have sliced and diced him if they really wanted her to enact revenge.

If he is dead, I think it's the worst death they have done, especially for a character as big as he was. Why didn't they talk to the actor and everyone cry about him leaving? Surely he was a good person outside of the character. They barely mentioned the guy who played The Governor and he talked very little. I understand that Herschel was a big part of the good guys but they spent the entire episode gushing over him.

I don't expect him back anytime soon but I could see them bringing him back in the future and it wouldn't be farfetched that he survived.

Okay, he's dead, I'm just mad that he didn't die a horrible death like the horrible person he was, he got off too easy!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #574 on: December 02, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I was hoping that Michonne would climb in the tank and blow the Governors head clean off with he main gun...... ;D

I agree ...he died way too easy death .......should have at least backed the tank over him.

« Reply #575 on: December 02, 2013, 10:20:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Okay, you say the Governor is dead but why is he the only person to be killed and not be shown when he was a major character... on the talking dead they talked why it was Michonne who got to kill him, technically she didn't kill him, the girlfriend shot him in the head. I already said the zombies didn't get him b/c the g/f could have turned the gun on them instead of him. I just don't get how a major character like The Governor doesn't get an on screen death, they panned away. Michonne should have sliced and diced him if they really wanted her to enact revenge.

If he is dead, I think it's the worst death they have done, especially for a character as big as he was. Why didn't they talk to the actor and everyone cry about him leaving? Surely he was a good person outside of the character. They barely mentioned the guy who played The Governor and he talked very little. I understand that Herschel was a big part of the good guys but they spent the entire episode gushing over him.

I don't expect him back anytime soon but I could see them bringing him back in the future and it wouldn't be farfetched that he survived.

Okay, he's dead, I'm just mad that he didn't die a horrible death like the horrible person he was, he got off too easy!

Don't forget that on Talking Dead Kirkman said that the more beloved the character the more brutal the death. So it wouldn't surprise me to think he feels the exact opposite for such a despicable character that he would give him an unmemorable off-screen death.

« Reply #576 on: December 02, 2013, 10:39:48 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210

There was also a bit of symbolism where the chess piece that the little girl drew an eye patch on and gave to the govenor was crushed just after the gun shot.  I believe that that was the writer's way of confirming his death.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #577 on: December 02, 2013, 11:20:39 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Okay, you say the Governor is dead but why is he the only person to be killed and not be shown when he was a major character...

Lori.  Shot AND eaten offscreen.  Though I guess she technically died during the childbirth.

Also (sorta) Dale.  And Merle, though he showed up as a zombie anyway.

« Reply #578 on: December 02, 2013, 11:59:34 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Okay, you say the Governor is dead but why is he the only person to be killed and not be shown when he was a major character...

Lori.  Shot AND eaten offscreen.  Though I guess she technically died during the childbirth.

Also (sorta) Dale.  And Merle, though he showed up as a zombie anyway.
Yeah, he's definitely dead, as David Morrissey was interviewed on Talking Dead afterward and talked about his demise and leaving the show. He was stabbed with a sword through the heart AND shot as well, no coming back from that ... except maybe as a walker.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #579 on: December 03, 2013, 12:03:11 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

This show is not always right.   David Morrisey lied to them the week before about being good.   I would not read into the dead list.

Kirkman actually said there was a lot of blood in the carrier. So he aluded to the fact that she could be dead. 

I found it wild, how long Herschel lived after having  his carotid artery cut.  I think he would have passed out swiftly from  exsanguination and died and not all the crawling around the tank.   Ditto for the governor.  He practically gets stabbed right through his spine, right where his subclavian artery is located and he lives like forever.  Both would have went into shock and passed out I wager.
Judith is NOT dead, no way ... she's the only hope that the group has, and what kind of zombie would undo her car seat safety strap and take her out before eating her, lol? She, (or some remnants), would have still been in the seat, or the entire thing would have been gone.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #580 on: December 03, 2013, 12:15:43 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Mid-season finale?!? We've got another wait ahead? What the heck happened to a "full" tv season? They used to run during school season, from early September until early June ... this is ridiculous!

It's not a coincidence that the quality of TV shows has gone up as the episode counts have gone down. 

i would def put that up there with that game of thrones shocker..

That's funny, as soon as that scene started my wife said "Hershel's definitely dead, they want their own Game of Thrones moment."

I liked the episode but it kinda felt like this was how last season was supposed to end but they had to stay at the prison due to the budget, so they just threw in the disease subplot and then ran it back the way they'd planned.  I also don't think Judith's dead, they're faking out comic readers who know she dies.  Guessing Michonne or someone else with bloody hands grabbed her.
Disagree with the first statement ... ninety percent of tv today is garbage, and I generally watch sports or movies for that reason. Very few sitcoms are funny or can make a decent joke without it being sexual or rude, and police drama is primarily about desensitizing death, with people standing around making jokes about someone's dead body. It's predictable, low-class and boring, but that's just me. I'd take a show like St. Elsewhere, Brooklyn Bridge, Northern Exposure, Twin Peaks, M.A.S.H., Cheers, China Beach, WKRP In Cincinnati, The Wonder Years, (I could go on-and-on), over the stuff today in a flash. To each his own.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:43:23 PM by Bahku »

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #581 on: December 04, 2013, 02:41:47 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
It seems like cable has always went with shorter seasons for its sitcoms and dramas.  I don't know why that is, but there's got to be some reason for it.

« Reply #582 on: February 02, 2014, 10:58:58 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Next Sunday, folks, (for those who follow) ... should be an interesting second half of the season, with the group trying to reunite after being scattered to the wind.

We'll have, what, two episodes and then have to wait for late October again?!? Sorry, being heavily sarcastic, but I don't get these television "seasons" anymore.

Used to be a "season" for a show was the same as the school season, from like mid-September to mid-June, and no "breaks" in-between, (for MONTHS!). I find this new format frustrating and absurd, personally.

Oh, well ... still looking forward to next week.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #583 on: February 02, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
Next Sunday, folks, (for those who follow) ... should be an interesting second half of the season, with the group trying to reunite after being scattered to the wind.

We'll have, what, two episodes and then have to wait for late October again?!? Sorry, being heavily sarcastic, but I don't get these television "seasons" anymore.

Used to be a "season" for a show was the same as the school season, from like mid-September to mid-June, and no "breaks" in-between, (for MONTHS!). I find this new format frustrating and absurd, personally.

Oh, well ... still looking forward to next week.
i agree. i don't know what it takes to make a television series but my my online critic is saying its just poor management. don't they film over the summer and during the 1st half of the season ? i wonder what the benefits are from splitting it up ? its not like they need the extra time to market the show. i'm a huge fan of the comics and prefer them to the show. season 3 started off strong and then proved to be awful... completely ruined the governor and the prisoners. this season is going well so far but at this point i go in expecting the episodes to be bad. well i got off topic
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #584 on: February 02, 2014, 11:17:19 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

I found this answer on a site called quora.com.  Not sure how factual it is, but the answers make some sense.

"The network TV season is driven much more by advertising needs, and network executives contractually require more episodes of hit shows in order to have more inventory to sell.

Cable shows have shorter seasons for several reasons:
•Less dependency on advertising because of subscriber revenues.
•Narrower definition of success -- i.e., a "terrible" showing of 3MM viewers on a network would be a huge audience for cable.
•More control by the auteur: Because budgets are smaller, cable shows can build an audience over time. Therefore, executive producers, show runners, and other creative leads of a show have more clout to be able to insist on shorter seasons.
•Counter programming: When the first cable networks were starting to do original programming, they programmed in the summer - when networks were on hiatus from original programming, and showing only reruns. The summer "off season" was about 13 weeks - giving cable shows a defined time slot to start to carve audience from the network reruns."