Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359485 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #225 on: March 05, 2012, 12:12:34 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Kinda running out of memebers of the original group , the writers are killing everybody off.
Guess they will have an epic battle with the group of 30 bad guys.

Dont know about that...They can always add small groups of characters in. I slowly started to care about Hershel and Maggie...more-so Hershel now that he's not acting like a dumbass and hording zombies in a barn.

Dale's death in the comics was way more interesting.

« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Kinda running out of memebers of the original group , the writers are killing everybody off.

Dont know about that...They can always add small groups of characters in. I slowly started to care about Hershel and Maggie...more-so Hershel now that he's not acting like a dumbass and hording zombies in a barn.

Spoilers

You had to know it would be different since Andrea and Dale never had a relationship in the show.

« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2012, 03:13:38 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Spoilers

You had to know it would be different since Andrea and Dale never had a relationship in the show.

You can still have cannibals.

« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
I would have to think that the rules of zombie-world go something like:

1) Don't walk off into the foggy woods at night by yourself
2) Don't make out with a zombie
3) Don't get fat

From what i know, Dale broke at least two of those golden rules.  He had to go.

In other news, what's the deal with T-Dawg? That guy is useless in the show.  At least he used to provide comic relief like when he almost killed himself on a car door.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #229 on: March 05, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Carl was p---ing me off the whole episode. How old is this kid supposed to be again? I would have no patience for dumb kids in a Zombie Apocalypse.

« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Disclaimer: I love this show, but aside from times when my main man darrell is the focus, i kinda feel this way with the show's pacing this season.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Carl was p---ing me off the whole episode. How old is this kid supposed to be again? I would have no patience for dumb kids in a Zombie Apocalypse.
I feel the same way.  I was disappointed the zombie didn't get Carl instead. 

Dale offered a counterpoint to the group-think but sometimes his thinking just didn't seem to make sense given the world they now live in.

« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2012, 02:36:23 AM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183
The frustrating thing about this show for me is that so much of the episodes are just centered around very shallow discussions. I don't mind the never ending talking, but I wish there was more substance to it.

In the endless "who keeps the group safer" discussions between Shane and Rick, it is always a "nah huh/uh huh" discussion. Like when Shane was blaming Rick for the Sophia situation, he never even mentions that he at least went after her, tried something, etc. That it was his grenade that saved the group at the cdc, that it was him who brought the bulk of the guns from the police station... The discussion is just that "did so, did not" over and over.

Same for the discussion in the last episode. It was pretty much the same argument, repeated over and over for 40 minutes. Dale "we will become like them," others "we need to be safe." No one elaborates on anything. No ones mentions to Dale "hey, this kid was shooting on us, and is part of a large group that, by his own admission, rapes, steals and abandons people, even teenage girls."

Now, I don't expect epic debates or anything. But if 40 minutes of an hour long episode are going to be about the same discussion over and over, at least the dialogue could move on from the initial point.

« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2012, 06:18:51 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
The frustrating thing about this show for me is that so much of the episodes are just centered around very shallow discussions. I don't mind the never ending talking, but I wish there was more substance to it.

In the endless "who keeps the group safer" discussions between Shane and Rick, it is always a "nah huh/uh huh" discussion. Like when Shane was blaming Rick for the Sophia situation, he never even mentions that he at least went after her, tried something, etc. That it was his grenade that saved the group at the cdc, that it was him who brought the bulk of the guns from the police station... The discussion is just that "did so, did not" over and over.

Same for the discussion in the last episode. It was pretty much the same argument, repeated over and over for 40 minutes. Dale "we will become like them," others "we need to be safe." No one elaborates on anything. No ones mentions to Dale "hey, this kid was shooting on us, and is part of a large group that, by his own admission, rapes, steals and abandons people, even teenage girls."

Now, I don't expect epic debates or anything. But if 40 minutes of an hour long episode are going to be about the same discussion over and over, at least the dialogue could move on from the initial point.

I think it will be a lot better next season. The old director had this annoying slower burner type of method and everything happened at a snail's pace. The new director, whos episodes started playing after the midseason break, seems to have things go at a must fasted pace.

« Reply #234 on: March 08, 2012, 07:34:11 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I would have to think that the rules of zombie-world go something like:

1) Don't walk off into the foggy woods at night by yourself
2) Don't make out with a zombie
3) Don't get fat

From what i know, Dale broke at least two of those golden rules.  He had to go.

In other news, what's the deal with T-Dawg? That guy is useless in the show.  At least he used to provide comic relief like when he almost killed himself on a car door.
(TP)

Yeah, and always run when you hear the creepy music start to play.

I was thinking what a boon the Walking Dead world would be to creatures like vultures and crows ... I mean, they wouldn't even have to search for food anymore, just jump on the shoulder of a "walker" and eat while you enjoy the ride.

(Talk about drive-thru's!)

And seriously, you could see the (what are they calling the big groups of walkers now ... herds?) coming from miles away, cuz the carrion-eating critters would be making a heckuva racket!

A kosher world gone mad.

And why are there so many of them? Surely if you get killed by one because they're so hungry, and the rest join the feast, wouldn't the musculature and soft-tissues be destroyed, without enough left to support and ambulate a human skeleton?

There are all these walkers with decaying skin and a bite or two taken out of them, but you'd think there wouldn't be enough flesh left to work with, and the cycle would stop pretty quickly for lack of enough necrotic tissue for the poor hungry things to devour.

And aren't they decomposing on the inside, too? So howtheheck do they process the carrion they seem to need so much of, and why are they all so thin?

With all the available mortiferous cuisine around, there should be at least one or two that are a bit rotund.

I'm beginning to think this zombie lifestyle isn't quite as carefree and capricious as it is so often portrayed ... it must worry them to pieces.

I'm just glad Danny Kaye isn't around to see this stuff ... can you imagine the taunting he'd have to endure with what would surely become his present-day nickname?

(He'd be the perfect guest-star, though).

;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #235 on: March 08, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Carl should have been eaten , he deserved it. 

« Reply #236 on: March 08, 2012, 09:55:13 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Here's my question:  Do the zombies hands turn into eagle talons or lion claws or something?  Dale's guts got ripped open like he was made of cellophane.
Yup

« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2012, 10:19:34 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
....Wow...

For the first 20 minutes or so of the episode I was worried it would be boring filler like the other one was...Once Shane walked in the shed with Randall Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. got intense.

Probably my favorite episode of the series.

« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2012, 10:43:03 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
the wide shot at the end of the episode was pretty ominous, huh
Yup

« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2012, 10:49:24 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
the wide shot at the end of the episode was pretty ominous, huh

Can't wait for next Sunday.

I hope they will extend next season a few more episodes. I'm already loving the new director, (The episodes he directed came after the midseason break).