Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 359473 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
SPOILER ALERT:

By this point in the comics, Shane was already dead.

/END SPOILER ALERT
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:31:18 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
^ It's probably a good idea when discussing the comic to add spoiler alerts.  The show has obviously deviated a lot from the comic, but there are some things folks might not want to know. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2012, 12:38:10 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
^ It's probably a good idea when discussing the comic to add spoiler alerts.  The show has obviously deviated a lot from the comic, but there are some things folks might not want to know. 

Meh, Kirkman has come out and said that the show is purposefully deviating from the comic-- for example they never go to the CDC-- and Shane's death happens literally in the 5th issue of the book, it's not a huge spoiler. What would be the spoiler is if I explain how he dies.

« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Any guesses as to what's wrong with the sick girl? (They hinted that it may soon be discovered that the virus may be mutating to an airborne contagion).

Just got to watch the episode last night.  I'm 99% sure she got bitten or scratched and is turning.  Naturally, despite having seen this play out over and over again, it hasn't occurred to any of the characters that close-quarters wrestling with a zombie and running a massive fever later that day might be related.  Instead they're all just waiting for Hershel, but he's otherwise occupied:

I like new Hershel a lot better!

« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2012, 12:21:31 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Just glad this thread isnt about the Celtics.

Just getting into the show.

Ill come back here in a couple of weeks when I am caught up. Loving it so far.

« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2012, 10:57:29 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Hey guys, please please please post big spoiler alerts if you are talking about the comics. I already had stuff about Shane and Lori spoiled, and I want to leave it at that.

Anyways, yeah...Show is amazing. I was kind of annoyed that they stayed on the farm for too long this season, but since the plot has been progressing nicely over the last few episodes, I don't mind it.

« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Looking forward to tonight's episode ... they're supposed to get much more intense from here on out ... hope so, (I may actually get to see the whole thing tonight ... miracle of miracles).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2012, 07:33:28 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
Looking forward to tonight's episode ... they're supposed to get much more intense from here on out ... hope so, (I may actually get to see the whole thing tonight ... miracle of miracles).

Yeah, new director for the past few episodes...Which just so happened to be the best ones of the season.

Extremely excited to see these final 3 episodes...Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is about to go down!  ;D

« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2012, 07:40:01 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Walking Fred

« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2012, 10:05:53 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Anyone else watch?

Thoughts?

Well, now it's like the last sane, humanistically-motivated member of the group is gone, and the other hope at the opposite end, (youth), has been tainted with the guilt that he's responsible for it.

Didn't see that coming.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
Anyone else watch?

Thoughts?

Well, now it's like the last sane, humanistically-motivated member of the group is gone, and the other hope at the opposite end, (youth), has been tainted with the guilt that he's responsible for it.

Didn't see that coming.

SPOILERS!

Crazy ending, wasn't expecting Dale to die...Was that how he died in the comics?

« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2012, 10:46:37 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Kinda running out of memebers of the original group , the writers are killing everybody off.
Guess they will have an epic battle with the group of 30 bad guys.

« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2012, 10:52:09 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
Kinda running out of memebers of the original group , the writers are killing everybody off.

Dont know about that...They can always add small groups of characters in. I slowly started to care about Hershel and Maggie...more-so Hershel now that he's not acting like a dumbass and hording zombies in a barn.

« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Dont know about that...They can always add small groups of characters in. I slowly started to care about Hershel and Maggie...more-so Hershel now that he's not acting like a dumbass and hording zombies in a barn.
Yeah, Hershel has become much less of a pseudo-antagonist for now, and seems resigned to the same reality, now that he knows there is no humanity or chance of it in the walkers. But the death of Dale, (and the guilt Carl has taken on as a result of not killing the walker, or telling anyone about it), has eliminated an extremely important dynamic to the atmosphere and mentality of the group ... I think things get much more brutal and chaotic from here on, and the group divides in very stark lines.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2012, 11:42:59 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
New to the series. Didn't know it was good. I've been seeing these books too in the store and I kept ignoring in. I'm still at the part where Sophia got lost because dumb girl wouldn't listen.  ;D
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace