Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 238763 times)

Re: Robert Williams(Merged Threads)
« Reply #1095 on: September 20, 2018, 07:29:14 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I guess what I'm saying is that I'd be surprised if he was a better NBA player than Tyler Zeller

Poor comparison.

Its not a comparison.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd be surprised if he was a better NBA player than Tyler Zeller

For someone who's name stems from the words positive, you're not that much of a positive poster.  :P

But that is a VERY VERY lazy comparison.... You can do better.

It's not meant to be a comparison. They're different players. I just said it to express the sentiment that I would be surprised if Boo-Butt Williams were to have as successful a career as Tyler Zeller. Williams was picked about 10 spots later and is way less likely to stick.

Come on, guys. I know you're not allowed to compare black and white athletes to each other.

/s
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #1096 on: September 20, 2018, 11:14:11 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If he works he will be much better than zeller.. i think the first thing for the celtics is to make  him adapt a role.. a defensive anchor would be nice for a start

« Reply #1097 on: September 21, 2018, 12:25:07 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Poor comparison.

Its not a comparison.

For someone who's name stems from the words positive, you're not that much of a positive poster.  :P

But that is a VERY VERY lazy comparison.... You can do better.

It's not meant to be a comparison. They're different players. I just said it to express the sentiment that I would be surprised if Boo-Butt Williams were to have as successful a career as Tyler Zeller. Williams was picked about 10 spots later and is way less likely to stick.

Come on, guys. I know you're not allowed to compare black and white athletes to each other.

/s
If he puts in the work and isn't impacted by injuries, Williams should be much better than Zeller. 

« Reply #1098 on: September 25, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
wondering what you guys thought about his interview media day.

Some feel it is still ambiguous regarding the state of his health, particularly his knee.

On one hand, he is playing 5 on 5. On the other hand, he is working closely with the trainers to get better every day, etc.

I must admit it is a somewhat mixed message. I hope he can go full throttle starting Friday night.  We shall see.

« Reply #1099 on: September 25, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Trying to strengthen his knees to avoid injuries

« Reply #1100 on: September 25, 2018, 06:58:56 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
wondering what you guys thought about his interview media day.

Some feel it is still ambiguous regarding the state of his health, particularly his knee.

On one hand, he is playing 5 on 5. On the other hand, he is working closely with the trainers to get better every day, etc.

I must admit it is a somewhat mixed message. I hope he can go full throttle starting Friday night.  We shall see.
I'm very satisfied, he isn't just playing 5 on 5 he is playing it for 3 weeks, it's hard to believe he isn't 100%

And man when he talked about what he learned it really shows his intelligence of basketball

« Reply #1101 on: September 25, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

I think people are going to dramatically underestimate how hard it is to even have the career Zeller has and that will lead people to reject this despite the statistical probability of you being right.

« Reply #1102 on: September 25, 2018, 07:09:39 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Puns of steel

I think people are going to dramatically underestimate how hard it is to even have the career Zeller has and that will lead people to reject this despite the statistical probability of you being right.

Six-year NBA veteran who has played in 406 career games (165 starts) (https://www.nba.com/bucks/roster/tyler-zeller)

So Tyler Zeller has started in more than 1/4th of the games he's played in the NBA.

That's a tall order for a 27th pick. Hope Williams III can prove me wrong.
Pro:

Anti:

« Reply #1103 on: September 25, 2018, 07:12:45 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Six-year NBA veteran who has played in 406 career games (165 starts) (https://www.nba.com/bucks/roster/tyler-zeller)

So Tyler Zeller has started in more than 1/4th of the games he's played in the NBA.

That's a tall order for a 27th pick. Hope Williams III can prove me wrong.
You should go watch some tapes of Williams and not just look at his slot, there is a reason people are saying he will be the steal of the draft

« Reply #1104 on: September 25, 2018, 07:16:06 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Puns of steel
You should go watch some tapes of Williams and not just look at his slot, there is a reason people are saying he will be the steal of the draft

I've already watched a ton of his College footage. I'm not only basing my evaluation on his draft positioning.

Like I said earlier, I really am rooting for this kid and would love to be wrong about him, but I was burned by Jordan Mickey and Zizic. I'll be hyped about a new Center when he actually performs in games.
Pro:

Anti:

« Reply #1105 on: September 29, 2018, 08:21:42 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
How do you like me know?

« Reply #1106 on: September 29, 2018, 08:32:36 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
How do you like me know?

Raw, but really liked the energy level and the physical tools. He wasn’t always in position but he did not look lost and it’s obvious he can bother NBA players as a 1 on 1 defender.

To me he looks better than JJJ or Mickey ever did. Like he’ll fit in well as long as he keeps working.

« Reply #1107 on: September 29, 2018, 08:36:52 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
If he ever becomes our version of Clinton Capela, then yes, he will be the steal of the draft

« Reply #1108 on: September 29, 2018, 08:55:31 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
He looked promising last night.  He's bigger than I expected.  He didn't have any blocks,, but he was disrupting shots and even caused an air balled three point attempt.  Smart is going to love throwing alley oops to him.

« Reply #1109 on: September 29, 2018, 09:03:54 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Certainly didn't embarrass himself for first minutes in a NBA game.Showed his potential as a passer with bounce pass inside to Semi and bothered his share of shots.The fade away almost went and he set a lot of screens .A good effort.
Needs to work on upper body strength gets moved off boards.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:34:26 AM by rollie mass »