Author Topic: Sullinger Questioning Brad's Substition?  (Read 3861 times)

Re: Sullinger Questioning Brad's Substition?
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2016, 03:20:33 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I don't understand the support for Sullinger. He is a fat man playing a game that demands fitness. He is getting by on raw natural talent that never improves. This is the same guy that manhandled his girlfriend. It's true that even his father throws Sully under the bus. It's all Sullinger's fault. If he has an eating disorder, then I'll recant that. Either way, whether he is fat because he has an illness or he is fat because he is a greedy pig, he is fat. Fat basketball players aren't worth much unless they are Shaq and even that story was bittersweet for Boston.

I concede I was wrong on Evan Turner. I will do no such thing with Jared Sullinger. I can't wait until he is off the team! I'll still root for him while he's a Celtic. His days in Boston seem numbered.

Sullinger is not good enough to be a long term piece who is untouchable unless you get a star back but he is valuable enough that only a moron would try to give him away for free just to be rid of him.  It's flawed Hinkie-ism to divide players into keepers and trash.

Sully is not trash and it would be foolish to trade him for nothing this trade deadline season, but if he is on another team next year and we end up with nothing in return, who cares?

Sully is a short-term, win now rental, period. Anyone watching today's matinee against Sacramento could see him huffing and puffing, sweating through his jersey. It's pitiful.

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2016, 03:24:13 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Sully will probably be offered a lot of money by some chump team like Brooklyn with no other options.

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 10:02:27 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
NBo surprise - Sully has always seemed like a bit of **** to me in terms of his overall attitude. 

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 10:29:20 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Yeah, that wasn't a good look for Sully, but worse IMO was when Smart made that fantastic play right in front of Sully, while Sully was walking up the sideline. He's the only one who didn't show any positive emotion for that at all.

Then, after Bradley's winning 3, Sully pumped his fist, but he even though he was right on the floor nearby, he didn't go swarm and congratulate AB like the rest of the guys.

Hope against hope could be that Sully and Zeller made enough of an impression on the Kings yesterday to tempt them (or another team watching) for a Sully trade, at least.

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Interesting question, though. Why on Earth DID Stevens make that sub? It turned out well, but that was a pretty improbable way for things to play out. Wasn't our best chance a miss and offensive rebound?

Maybe he was conceding the rebound and wanted Smart's footspeed to go all out trying to defend/steal the inbound or, failing that, get the foul faster?
Because the plan was to MAKE the ft.  At that point, smart is much more useful than Sully.

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2016, 02:40:09 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yeah, that wasn't a good look for Sully, but worse IMO was when Smart made that fantastic play right in front of Sully, while Sully was walking up the sideline. He's the only one who didn't show any positive emotion for that at all.

He got up, did the "our ball" signal, and went to the coach. I mean, they had limited time to draw a play and they were still you know, losing without time-outs. I'm not sure what on this particular is a problem. I want someone who's even keeled in that situation to a player over excited in these moments. I mean, Bradley did a beeline towards the coach as well, didn't see much emotion from him either. He was cool and collected for the winning shot as it was.

Heck we applaud Stevens, our coach, for his non-reactions... the two-faced discourse around here...

Then, after Bradley's winning 3, Sully pumped his fist, but he even though he was right on the floor nearby, he didn't go swarm and congratulate AB like the rest of the guys.

Hope against hope could be that Sully and Zeller made enough of an impression on the Kings yesterday to tempt them (or another team watching) for a Sully trade, at least.

The last thing I'd want in that situation is a big guy like Sully swarming me lol. But he did approach the collective, then went to give the game ball to the refs which he still had in his hands.

I didn't see Olynyk joining the swarm either, for the record.

I mean, I can get some dissatisfaction over his reaction when he was subbed out, but this fantasy narrative is pushing it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:04:22 PM by BudweiserCeltic »