Author Topic: World Series Game 3, Red Sox vs. Dodgers  (Read 49215 times)

World Series Game 3, Red Sox vs. Dodgers
« on: October 25, 2018, 12:00:16 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Well, first two games have been awesome. We have been a force unstoppable. Price and bullpen, lights out. Sale did what needed to be done in game 1. Great to have two aces pitching like aces. When down, we seem to always come through with two outs. Our team is a reflection of our manager and it is all coming together perfectly.

We have a six game winning streak going into La La Land. Expected pitchers will be Porcello vs Buehler. Going for our sixth win in a row on the road in the postseason. This is one time I am hoping next time we see game in Fenway is in 2019.

Beat LA! Lets get two on the road and get ready for a parade! Go Sox

Game is Friday at 8:15pm EST..expect a bit warmer which could mean our bats will heat up even more.

Re: World Series Game 3, Red Sox vs. Dodgers
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 02:46:08 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Let's continue building on that road playoff streak and finish them off in LA, a message to Magic Johnson!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 07:19:17 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I’m flying to Italy tonight to go on a cruise, I hope I can still watch. This team is a lot of fun. I fell out of love with baseball after the 04 Series and this is as enthused as I’ve been about the Sox since.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 07:36:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I’m flying to Italy tonight to go on a cruise, I hope I can still watch. This team is a lot of fun. I fell out of love with baseball after the 04 Series and this is as enthused as I’ve been about the Sox since.
Colour me jealous
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 07:40:02 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Disagree that Sale has been pitching like an ace.  Price, yes indeed for the last two starts. But the team has been so focused as a whole it just doesn't matter.  As long as it's close they know they'll be ok.

There's a stat floating around that last night was the first time since Don Larsen's perfect game in 1956 that a team has retired the opponent's last 16 batters in a World Series game.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 11:02:52 AM »

• Don Nelson

Awesome for you! One of my most memorable cruises was around the northern coast from Venice to Dubrovnik on a very small boat(200 passengers). Which part of Italy are you sailing?

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 11:03:56 AM »

• Don Nelson
Disagree that Sale has been pitching like an ace.  Price, yes indeed for the last two starts. But the team has been so focused as a whole it just doesn't matter.  As long as it's close they know they'll be ok.

There's a stat floating around that last night was the first time since Don Larsen's perfect game in 1956 that a team has retired the opponent's last 16 batters in a World Series game.

In a perfect world, the next time we see Sale pitch is next year!

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 12:46:08 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

So much of me wants to see a game 5 Price shutout; not because Price is a Cinderella story, but because we have 5 more years on that deal. I kid, Price is a good soul.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 12:55:43 PM »

• Don Nelson

So much of me wants to see a game 5 Price shutout; not because Price is a Cinderella story, but because we have 5 more years on that deal. I kid, Price is a good soul.
Price has won me over in two ways recently. He holds himself completely accountable for bad and good- I respect that- The second way are the last two games- results speak for themselves.

I know he mentioned he will not opt out to go to a lesser team...always get a little worried that some team from NY might try and entice him to shift balance..hope not...

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I just got back from a short cruise in the Caribbean this morning. Luckily, I was able to watch both games on the boat. Have fun and keep the 'cruise luck' going!

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 06:42:19 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

I just got back from a short cruise in the Caribbean this morning. Luckily, I was able to watch both games on the boat. Have fun and keep the 'cruise luck' going!

Thanks Gouki and Jambr and anyone I missed, plane just started rolling, if they don’t try and gouge me on WiFi I’ll hopefully join you on the gamethread. It’s TAP Portugal and they have TVs with a TNT broadcast national tonight , who knew

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 06:48:41 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Thanks Gouki and Jambr and anyone I missed, plane just started rolling, if they don’t try and gouge me on WiFi I’ll hopefully join you on the gamethread. It’s TAP Portugal and they have TVs with a TNT broadcast national tonight , who knew

It’s Portuguese TV. Blast.

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 06:57:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2018, 05:36:15 PM »

• Don Nelson

What a great picture and catch! Tonight should be fun! Would love to see us go up 3-0!

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 05:37:04 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
JDM in LF, no Benintendi