Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Cavaliers (1-2) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #4 5/13/24  (Read 11290 times)

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2558
Game 6 is scheduled for Friday at... 8:30 PM.

No thank you. C's you better finish this off tomorrow night.

Celtics NEED to finish this off in 5. We've seen in past runs that having to play extra games in early rounds just tires a team out. Close it out and you get get a full 6 days rest at home before the next series.

I think there is still one lingering scenario where the ECF could start 5/19 instead of 5/21 but that requires no Game 7s in our series, NY series, & DEN series.

Basically if any of IND-NY or DEN-MIN goes 7, it's 5/21. Everything after Game 2 is locked in though, so 5/25 is Game 3 and then every other day.

It is irrelevant pertaining to KP unless he is ready for game 1 or 2, which seems less than likely. Game three in both scenarios is 5/25. 
I think the best scenario for the Cs is a win tomorrow and a 6-game series for NY and Indy.  In that scenario they get rest from the 15th to 19th and then another rest from the 21st to the 25th.  That’s important for Horford especially.   Hope they’re able to end it tomorrow. If NY-Indy goes 7 they get a longer initial rest, but then it’s every other day for the duration of the series.

Imo, I think the best possible scenario is for IND/NYK to go 7. I understand that you don't get two mini-rest periods and instead just get the initial longer one, but them having to go right into our series after going a hard 7 against each other leaves the team we play more beat up.

I have no issues playing teams that are battered and bruised. With all of the injuries, this is our best year to win a Title. And I certainly wouldn't mind if whoever we eventually face from the West is limping into the Finals with a couple rotation players in day-to-day or questionable situations.

Fair point.  I think given KP out and Al getting starter minutes, giving our center the two smaller breaks would keep him fresh a little longer into the series.  But definitely valid consideration wanting the tired and worn out winner of G7. 

And yes, I hope the West winner is worse for the wear.