Author Topic: D Howard make good contract?  (Read 3229 times)

Re: D Howard make good contract?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 06:02:53 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
It would be nice if the fabricated vitriol reserved on this board for a 20-year-old rookie on a historically bad team would be directed at a clown like Dwight Howard.
I can't stand Howard.  He's a pansy and a whiner.  Prefer Okafor 100 times out of 100.  How's that?

Why not both? One plays offense, the other plays D ;)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 06:16:35 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
It would be nice if the fabricated vitriol reserved on this board for a 20-year-old rookie on a historically bad team would be directed at a clown like Dwight Howard.

Well, Howard would cost us nothing but money, while Okafor would cost at least the #3 pick. That matters.

I don't love Howard and I don't hate Okafor. But if we somehow landed Durant and the choice was between keeping the third pick to either trade for someone like Butler or to draft someone like Bender and add Howard on a short term deal or to deal the #3 pick for Okafor, I'd take the former deal.

But I realize there are several unlikely contingencies on that, the most glaring being landing Durant. I have no interest, however, in Howard being the prize of the summer for us.

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 06:53:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Let's get Melo while we are at it.

Call it the Boston Clowns

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 07:00:54 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I can't stand Howard.  He's a pansy and a whiner.  Prefer Okafor 100 times out of 100.  How's that?

I think more like this:

If Danny wastes any cap space on the Houstomistake he will set the rebuild back by 5 years and I'll be calling for him to be fired

The naivety amuses me.

People have the hypothetical opportunity to take an almost historically great center who is a proven competitor (having led a mediocre team past Lebron and to the NBA finals), and who is still perfectly capable of dominating the game from three different angles (offense, defense, and rebounding) on the basis of character concerns...

But would turn that opportunity down in order to sign an overweight, poorly conditioned, unathletic big man who has the worst advanced stats of any player in the league at his position, who's basketball talent is completely one dimensional (post scoring), and who has already raised significant character concerns of his own. 

Each to their own, but it's just amusing to me.

Given a choice of two "boneheads" (as it seems Dwight and Okafor both are at this point), I would choose the one who has proven he is a winner and can impact the game as a 2-3 dimensional player over the one dimensional prospect who's proven nothing.  But that's just me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take Dwight on an Amir-type contract in a heartbeat (provided we don't get a bigger name player that doesn't want to play with him).  I was just drawing parallels between this thread and one of the Bender threads where someone was constantly referring to Bender as "The Euromistake"
I'm bitter.

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 07:28:10 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I think more like this:

If Danny wastes any cap space on the Houstomistake he will set the rebuild back by 5 years and I'll be calling for him to be fired

The naivety amuses me.

People have the hypothetical opportunity to take an almost historically great center who is a proven competitor (having led a mediocre team past Lebron and to the NBA finals), and who is still perfectly capable of dominating the game from three different angles (offense, defense, and rebounding) on the basis of character concerns...

But would turn that opportunity down in order to sign an overweight, poorly conditioned, unathletic big man who has the worst advanced stats of any player in the league at his position, who's basketball talent is completely one dimensional (post scoring), and who has already raised significant character concerns of his own. 

Each to their own, but it's just amusing to me.

Given a choice of two "boneheads" (as it seems Dwight and Okafor both are at this point), I would choose the one who has proven he is a winner and can impact the game as a 2-3 dimensional player over the one dimensional prospect who's proven nothing.  But that's just me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take Dwight on an Amir-type contract in a heartbeat (provided we don't get a bigger name player that doesn't want to play with him).  I was just drawing parallels between this thread and one of the Bender threads where someone was constantly referring to Bender as "The Euromistake"

I see the parallels.

A clown by any other name is indeed still a clown.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 07:50:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't understand the "Dwight didn't get enough touches" narrative. He led the league in post touches! (Hat tip, DKC).

If you get more looks in the post than DeMarcus Cousins or Brook Lopez, you don't have room to complain. If you want the ball, diversify your game.  Instead, Howard just pouted and "took himself out of games".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes