Author Topic: Source: Lorenzen Wright Found Dead in Southeast Memphis  (Read 11432 times)

Source: Lorenzen Wright Found Dead in Southeast Memphis
« on: July 28, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story/Source-Lorenzen-Wright-Found-Dead-in-Southeast/2mTkdqqd7UOSIrzrER_jRQ.cspx

Source: Lorenzen Wright Found Dead in Southeast Memphis

Contributor: Shane Myers
Email: smyers@myeyewitnessnews.com
Last Update: 4:02 pm

MEMPHIS, TN – Memphis police are investigating the body of a man who was found in Southeast Memphis and a source tells Eyewitness News that is Lorenzen Wright.

According to sources, the body was found in the wooded area of Hacks Cross and Winchester Road. It appears, sources say he had been shot and it may be self inflected.

Stay with myEyewitnessNews.com for more on this developing situation.

RIP
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Re: Source: Lorenzen Wright Found Dead in Southeast Memphis
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
That sucks. I don't have any particular feelings for or against Lorenzen Wright, but that just sucks. I hope there was nothing shady going on..and I hope it wasn't suicide.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Lorenzen Wright Found Dead
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 05:19:44 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
TheNoLookPass Man... RT @ABC24: Source: Lorenzen Wright Found Dead in Southeast Memphis http://shar.es/mLnFp

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local/story/Source-Lorenzen-Wright-Found-Dead-in-Southeast/2mTkdqqd7UOSIrzrER_jRQ.cspx

Wow, thats sad. RIP.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:19:51 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Just another reason Tony Allen in Memphis scares me... My condolences to Lorenzens family.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 05:27:46 PM »

Offline LD42

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Police sources have confirmed they are investigating a 911 hangup call from Wright's cellphone left Monday morning - the day he disappeared. Wright likely had a lot of cash on him when he was last seen leaving his ex-wife’s Collierville home, fueling concerns he may be the victim of foul play, according to a Collierville police report released today

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jul/28/body-found-memphis-police-lorenzen-wright/

Pretty shady if the wife knew anything about it. Rest In Peace !!!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 05:28:42 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Sad. RIP
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 05:31:02 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Terrible news.  The Memphis police really need to crack down on violence in that city; it's becoming an epidemic.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Very true Mr Hobbs. I wonder if it's better or worse than Chicago. I still can't fathom Tony Allen in that environment. He needs to avoid his old hangouts and friends in Chicago and places like Memphis with a similar culture. Granted you can find that in any major metropolitan area but there are certainly cities where it's more prevalent. I was under the impression Memphis was one of these. As well as Chicago.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 06:14:20 PM »

Offline jax_celtsfan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
This is just terrible.

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I liked Lorenzen Wright. Actually considered him a few times as a backup big but he always ended up signing for teams like ATL and Cleveland. Also saw him in a person once at a preseason game 5 years ago at the UTC arena(Griz vs Hawks)

Suicide is a sad way to go out, but even though it might look like that, I'd bet it wasn't.
And Memphis does suck. Dad lived there once. Very polluted and crime population is terrible. Thief drove a repo truck into my dad's apts at 4 in the morning and towed it away. Cops never caught the guy, and the car was paid for.

RIP LW
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 07:05:35 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
[dang], R.I.P :(

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Really sad. I find it odd that his dad was telling people he's on vacation in Europe. Kind of supsicious

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 07:50:53 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Really Sad. I remember watching a lot of his Memphis games before Gasol robbery happened.

34 years old, RIP.

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 07:57:52 PM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
hmmm RIP.. i doubt it was suicide .. i dont see anyone goin to the woods and try to kill themselfs doesnt make sense definetly more to it

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 09:48:46 PM »

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
Wow.  This is a little strange for me.  The location that he was found is 5 min from my childhood house. We used to play in those woods when I was younger.

There are a lot of bad parts of town in Memphis, but where he was found is not.  It is on the border of Germantown and Memphis.  It is not far from Southwind TPC golf course where they play the Fed Ex/ St. Jude classic.

I grew up as a Tigers fan and have been a Lorenzen Wright fan.  He was a local kid and had a ton of talent.  It is sad that his story ended like this, it makes you wonder if Memphis State is cursed.  They have a lot of similar stories to Lorenzen's (See the 1986 final four team).