Author Topic: Woj: Morey to oversee 76ers Ops?  (Read 7788 times)

Re: Woj: Morey to oversee 76ers Ops?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 01:25:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This make Embiid available?

Morey hates centers right?
That would be nice but I doubt it.  Even if Embiid were to become available, I doubt they'd trade him to us.

who says the Celts want Embiid?

no thx

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 01:26:28 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

not sure. But expect changes

but Morey is someone that can't sit still

never seen another GM make a big splash almost every season.   Its like he has an addiction to big changes
Brand actually made big splashes.  Trading for Butler and then Harris in the same season.  Then getting Horford in free agency.   

I'd expect a Horford for CP3 type of trade. 

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 01:28:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

never seen another GM make a big splash almost every season.   Its like he has an addiction to big changes
Brand actually made big splashes.  Trading for Butler and then Harris in the same season.  Then getting Horford in free agency.   

but why would OKC do such a trade unless 76ers are willing to attach a future 1st
Horford is one of the worst contracts in the league

I think Brand needs to be careful because his job could be on the line next.  Too many reckless decisions

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 01:31:57 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

That would be nice but I doubt it.  Even if Embiid were to become available, I doubt they'd trade him to us.

no thx
I want Embiid in Celtic green and you're not wanting him just validates my desire.  Tatum and Embiid would be the best young core. 

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 01:39:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

no thx
I want Embiid in Celtic green and you're not wanting him just validates my desire.  Tatum and Embiid would be the best young core.

He lacks endurance and is in mediocre conditioning.  His horrible injury of the past looks like is still lingering

He plays with a poor attitude.  Outright looks depressed at times.   

In addition,  there isn't an avenue for the Celts to trade for him anyways

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2020, 01:45:40 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

but why would OKC do such a trade unless 76ers are willing to attach a future 1st

I think Brand needs to be careful because his job could be on the line next.  Too many reckless decisions
I'd expect Sixers to include a 1st in a CP3 trade.  They would need to move Adams.  Horford's 3rd year is only partially guaranteed so it is not that bad monetarily.  I don't think Horford is as bad as he looked last season.  So rehabilitate his image some and then trade him.

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 01:49:26 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Such a trade would have to include Horford + a pick (or two) going to a 3rd team (like the Knicks). I can't see OKC taking on long-term bad money like Horford
I'm bitter.

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2020, 01:50:05 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

no thx

He lacks endurance and is in mediocre conditioning.  His horrible injury of the past looks like is still lingering

He plays with a poor attitude.  Outright looks depressed at times.   

In addition,  there isn't an avenue for the Celts to trade for him anyways

While I do not disagree with all you posted, I would like to state that I think most players would look depressed playing for Philly.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2020, 06:46:26 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Nice move for Philly. He’s smart.

Can’t wait to see Harden dribble the air out of the ball and grift 4 times a year vs the Cs.

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2020, 06:53:10 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

Can’t wait to see Harden dribble the air out of the ball and grift 4 times a year vs the Cs.

Yeah, great move for Phili. Their front office was a disaster of decisions for the past few years since Elton Brand took over. Morey knows his stuff.

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2020, 07:00:18 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552

Yeah, great move for Phili. Their front office was a disaster of decisions for the past few years since Elton Brand took over. Morey knows his stuff.
actually basically since Hinkie left.  He was fairly stable and stuck to the plan, they felt pressure and went crazy the other way.  I really do wonder what Hinkie would have been able to do had he been given the chance to see it through
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2020, 07:29:43 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Sixers are continuing to improve their coaching staff too.  They'd already hired Dave Joerger as an assistant coach and now they're adding Sam Cassell and Dan Burke. 

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2020, 07:32:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Elton Brand was an awesome player and a good mentor, but not much of a GM.  This is a clear upgrade for Philly.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2020, 07:36:54 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

I think this puts some pressure on Ainge. Philly is going to make moves. Toronto is going to make moves. Brooklyn is going to make moves. And that’s just in the division. That doesn’t count Miami and the Bucks. Cs can’t rest of their laurels.

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2020, 08:03:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

I think this puts some pressure on Ainge. Philly is going to make moves. Toronto is going to make moves. Brooklyn is going to make moves. And that’s just in the division. That doesn’t count Miami and the Bucks. Cs can’t rest of their laurels.

What laurels? Underachieving each year the past few years while we watch the Lakers catch us in banners?