Author Topic: Woj: Jrue to Celtics  (Read 55409 times)

Re: Woj: Jrue to Celtics
« Reply #420 on: Yesterday at 09:42:33 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2547
How ya like Jrue now?

Crickets.

« Reply #421 on: Yesterday at 11:09:07 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I wonder if his shoulder injury (dislocated??) near the end of the regular season is still bothering him a little.

I suspect that this is at least a contributing factor. Funny how much parallel Holiday’s season has to Brogdon’s season last season. Both were great all year, and then declined suddenly in the playoffs.  Jrue may still turn it around. He could have a string of games like White had. It would not surprise me.

I'm sure it has something to do with it.

I'll also say that after tonight, I wonder if he's trying to finesse it too much inside. He was much more forceful tonight at the basket, even pushing Mobley around, and he was a much better percentage, too.

« Reply #422 on: Yesterday at 11:20:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1773
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
How ya like Jrue now?

Loved his play tonight. He played much more decisively and didn't just act like he was an insignificant part of the team. Without KP, we are going to need his offense. He really stepped up tonight and I think this is what Celtics fans were hoping for when we traded for him and when we signed him to that extension. More of this please, Jrue!

« Reply #423 on: Today at 02:25:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jayson Tatum: "Jrue's kind of like the glue that keeps us all together. He does literally everything that we need him to.

Jaylen Brown: “Jrue is a dog. … Tonight was just a masterclass from Jrue. What a game for him.”

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #424 on: Today at 03:15:37 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
How ya like Jrue now?

About as much as I like Mazzulla. He's fine.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #425 on: Today at 05:22:31 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1392
How ya like Jrue now?

Crickets.

Most underrated guy on the roster, because he is the one who has been most willing to sacrifice his personal stats.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #426 on: Today at 09:06:52 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Great game by him last night. I feel he was the one setting the tone early offensively.  Attacking the basket.  His move on the court.  You could tell he was locked in and I feel like the team fed off that energy. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #427 on: Today at 09:21:28 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 691
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I like when Jrue is more aggressive on offense. Guy can be a 20 point guy a game. They need him to be the 3rd guy with KP hurt.

Take those Cavs guards into the post and bust them up

« Reply #428 on: Today at 09:23:34 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 373
I like when Jrue is more aggressive on offense. Guy can be a 20 point guy a game. They need him to be the 3rd guy with KP hurt.

Take those Cavs guards into the post and bust them up

I hope he keeps this mindset game 4. Jrue/Brown/Tatum are too big the cavs can't guard them in the paint

« Reply #429 on: Today at 10:41:48 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Jrue is the king of the "Oh-you-just-made-a-three-and-think-you-have-the-momentum-let-me-shoot-a-quick-three-and-drain-it-to-take-the-air-out-of-your-run."

He did it all the time against the Cs for the Bucks.

He's just an awesome player to have on your team.

« Reply #430 on: Today at 01:00:50 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
I wonder if his shoulder injury (dislocated??) near the end of the regular season is still bothering him a little.

I suspect that this is at least a contributing factor. Funny how much parallel Holiday’s season has to Brogdon’s season last season. Both were great all year, and then declined suddenly in the playoffs.  Jrue may still turn it around. He could have a string of games like White had. It would not surprise me.

I'm sure it has something to do with it.

I'll also say that after tonight, I wonder if he's trying to finesse it too much inside. He was much more forceful tonight at the basket, even pushing Mobley around, and he was a much better percentage, too.

People overreact based on a couple of games.  White had a few good games (and they were really good games), and suddenly he is going to be in the running for a max contract when he is a FA.  Of course he is trending back towards his norm.  Holiday now has a good game in game 3 (18 pts, 3-4 from 3), White has a normal'ish for him game (12 pts, 3-8 from 3) and everyone is excited about Jrue again.

I don't expect any 38 point games from Holiday like White had.  Maybe a 20-25 point game, which would still make us really hard to beat.  Even 15-20 points (assuming efficient shooting) is great.  White averaged about 15 pts in the regular season, Holiday 12.5 pts.  White is up to about 20 in the post season, Holiday down to about 10.  Neither is likely to last.  Both will trend towards their norms, which is fine.

I think Holiday could score between 15-20 every game if he wanted to, if the team needed him to.  Same with White.  This was a great game for Holiday.  As others have said, he was clearly more focused on scoring, being more aggressive.  I think he has been kind of trying all season to calibrate how aggressive he should be on this team.  I think Game 3 vs. CLE was pretty much perfect.  I predict a sting of good solid games for Holiday.

« Reply #431 on: Today at 05:14:26 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 554
All the Cs need from Jrue is play elite defense and hit your threes. Anything else he does is a bonus imo.