Author Topic: Newsday: Lebron James has decided to join Miami  (Read 6227 times)

Re: Newsday: Lebron James has decided to join Miami
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 03:54:14 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I don't buy it at all. LeBron's ego would never allow him to play second banana to another player, and especially Wade in Miami. He will sign with the Knicks.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 05:02:10 AM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
Not buying LeBron to the Heat.  My theory:  Whats the worst possible scenario for the LeBron TV special? ESPN wastes an entire hour just to have LeBron stay with the Cavs.  Solution? Create a rumor going into tonight that Lebron is going to join Wade and Bosh in Miami, convince everybody its true, that way the Cleveland announcement (the most boring scenario) has a new excitement and shock to it.  That way, the summer long hype and 1 hour special werent seemingly for nothing

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 05:36:51 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If this is true, then I say: Do it, Lebron. Your path to a Ring VS Boston, ORL, or LA still remains awfully tough.

Plus, you are not getting Ray now, so you and Wade can give up on that thought ;).

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 05:54:36 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
I think the Heat will dominate the next decade if this rumor is true.  However, 2010-11 provides a 1 year opening while they get used to playing with each other and basically have no C or bench.

The only shred of brightness in this will be if Kobe/Lakers are denied any further rings and the C's remain alone at #17 at least throughout this era (though I do think #18 is in play this year).  But, buckle up, the Heat should be in the driver's seat for a while.

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 07:16:54 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Based on the report by Jessica Camerato that Lebron tried to recruit Ray to join them (LBJ,DWade,Bosh) and form a dream team of sorts, then maybe this rumor has got some legs to it.

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 07:19:16 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
this was done a long time ago IMO...