Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) 10/27  (Read 159858 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) 10/27
« Reply #975 on: October 27, 2009, 11:39:27 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
hey matt what did rondo do in the 4th quarter? what has he done in the 4th quarter in crucial situations since last year? you got nothing to say buddy

You mean aside from clutch offensive rebounding and defense?

YES aside from that...we're looking for things we can point out as flaws....duh....

you're ruining my argument by citing facts. Stop.

Mah bad, you go right on ahead.

It's ok---just don't let it happen again.

As I was saying before, Gabe Pruitt is a bum and he shouldn't have been in the game because Rondo can't shoot and Lester Hudson is Jesus. This is simple stuff here people, gall.

QED

Hahaha... TP, I laughed out loud!

Haha thank you...TP back at you.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #976 on: October 27, 2009, 11:40:21 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Celtics beat the Baloon Boys!!!

« Reply #977 on: October 28, 2009, 12:20:39 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Great game. Love the bench additions and how we played as a team.

« Reply #978 on: October 28, 2009, 12:31:54 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I loved how near the end of the first half, after the Celtics had finally started to gain a bit of a lead, LeBron James drove into the lane and 'attempted a layup', which Kevin Garnett defended.

When they showed the instant-replay of the shot it turned out that he had released the ball after the shot clock had expired, (though the refs awarded him the points anyway). There was also another questionable call against Paul Pierce for traveling, however when they actually reviewed that one they were forced to admit that it clearly wasn't a turnover.

Between these two calls I almost had a heart-attack; at least we know KG is still a defensive force to be reckoned with, even if the refs won't always acknowledge it  ;)
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #979 on: October 28, 2009, 12:45:16 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I loved how near the end of the first half, after the Celtics had finally started to gain a bit of a lead, LeBron James drove into the lane and 'attempted a layup', which Kevin Garnett defended.

When they showed the instant-replay of the shot it turned out that he had released the ball after the shot clock had expired, (though the refs awarded him the points anyway). There was also another questionable call against Paul Pierce for traveling, however when they actually reviewed that one they were forced to admit that it clearly wasn't a turnover.

Between these two calls I almost had a heart-attack; at least we know KG is still a defensive force to be reckoned with, even if the refs won't always acknowledge it  ;)

i think they took that basket away upon reviewing the replays

« Reply #980 on: October 28, 2009, 12:59:39 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

They did, just before the end of the half.  The Pierce call wasn't reviewed, it was discussed between the refs and correctly called.  Refs got both right and overall did a good job.

« Reply #981 on: October 28, 2009, 01:05:06 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Yes.

What a beautiful way to start the day: Get up, check the scores and find out we've beaten both the LeCrabs and the refs. This will be a good day!

« Reply #982 on: October 28, 2009, 01:05:45 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
man 66 pages! that's gotta be close to a record for a game thread!
tps to everyone i can click in the next 10 minutes!

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #983 on: October 28, 2009, 01:11:45 AM »

Offline scurvmeister

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 30

it's up there, but Bulls game 6 takes the cake:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=27587.0

« Reply #984 on: October 28, 2009, 01:41:52 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166

it's up there, but Bulls game 6 takes the cake:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=27587.0

ah, well found. that was a pretty significant game.
 tp!

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #985 on: October 28, 2009, 05:16:26 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
It seems God still has a sense of humor ... and an infallable method for keeping me humble. After all the hype, all the off-season basketball "withdrawal", all the chest-beating and fist-pumping and video-watching time spent psyching myself up, all the waiting, excitement, anxiousness, and nail-biting anticipation ... I spent the whole evening and half the night helping to vacuum and pump water out of my neighbor's basement, and moving boxes and furniture so they wouldn't get ruined. (And didn't see even one moment of the Celtics' opening-night victory over the Cavs!). I wish I could say it was all worthwhile and for the "greater good" and all, but the truth is I spent most of that time silently cursing my neighbor's lack of foresight, (in never having a sump-pump installed), my own lack of foresight, (in not living on a street without other houses), and praying that Hell would open up a portal and swallow him and his split-level puddle-of-a-house whole!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #986 on: October 28, 2009, 06:42:07 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
It seems God still has a sense of humor ... and an infallable method for keeping me humble. After all the hype, all the off-season basketball "withdrawal", all the chest-beating and fist-pumping and video-watching time spent psyching myself up, all the waiting, excitement, anxiousness, and nail-biting anticipation ... I spent the whole evening and half the night helping to vacuum and pump water out of my neighbor's basement, and moving boxes and furniture so they wouldn't get ruined. (And didn't see even one moment of the Celtics' opening-night victory over the Cavs!). I wish I could say it was all worthwhile and for the "greater good" and all, but the truth is I spent most of that time silently cursing my neighbor's lack of foresight, (in never having a sump-pump installed), my own lack of foresight, (in not living on a street without other houses), and praying that Hell would open up a portal and swallow him and his split-level puddle-of-a-house whole!

Lol, on passionate grounds, you shall receive a TP. Hope it makes it better.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #987 on: October 28, 2009, 07:16:12 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

They did, just before the end of the half.  The Pierce call wasn't reviewed, it was discussed between the refs and correctly called.  Refs got both right and overall did a good job.

I think they did a great job last night.  I was pleasantly surprised with how the game was reffed.  For the most part they let the teams play and didn't call the ticky tacky fouls.