Author Topic: Celtics (2-3) at Heat (3-2) ECF Game #6 5/27/23  (Read 41534 times)

Re: Celtics (2-3) at Heat (3-2) ECF Game #6 5/27/23
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2023, 10:53:16 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Indian Food and Margaritas for everyone!

Lets get this!

I might need some benzos for this one.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2023, 10:57:19 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
zarba and all his fouls on us concerns me. that was the clown last year who helped the heat win in boston and killed our momentum each time we got going calling ghost fouls. dude is scum.

we better get foster for game 7 IF WE WIN tonight

Man I hope they just let the game flow, especially if we'rein a groove. I don't trust them at all though.

Funny thing is IMO the reffing was much worse under Stern. If he were still in charge you know we'd get 40 free throws just to extend the series for ratings.

Now you get only a minor boost if you're trailing (unless you're the Lakers).

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2023, 11:00:22 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I've mentioned before in a number of other threads, they cannot rely on their 3s hitting. In an ideal world they would continue to shoot their mean which is around 38% for the season, but if they don't they cannot let misses affect their defense. It's going to be harder to defend when shots are missed and the other team is trying to run but they have to guard against complacency. That's how Miami runs start, by easy layups and 3s in transition. Then they try and answer with the same and if they miss they give the Heat another opportunity.

I'm not saying that the only reason they won the last 2 games was because of making 3s but it's undeniably easier to defend in the halfcourt after they've made shots vs. having to scramble back after misses. The solution is to have a greater level of commitment in running back after misses than after made shots, to make sure nobody from the Heat beats them down the floor. That's how we win this game - by defending no matter whether we make or miss shots. I think they can do it, their backs are to the wall but if we lose it will be because they didn't bring the same level of commitment defending after misses than after made shots.

Could be the last game of the season - go down fighting  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2023, 11:03:53 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Lets get this!

I might need some benzos for this one.

We'll mix it in with the Indian food  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2023, 11:05:16 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

Lets get this!

Liquor and Dal Tadka will save New England

Those tikki balls are pretty good too

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2023, 11:44:49 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
I keep trying to tell myself it's over and just watch the game relaxed, but it's getting harder knowing this really is the series
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2023, 12:07:11 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Enjoying myself in Phoenix heat right now, but hope to see the Celtics overcome the Heat tonight!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2023, 12:28:01 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I’m heading up to the lake in gorgeous upstate NY. Gonna enjoy and not watch. I will be rooting hard, and hopefully have a game 7 Monday to look forward to. I’m nervous, and not hopeful, but will root hard.

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2023, 12:30:22 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Gabe Vincent is active for tonight's game. The Heat are going to go all out tonight, I expect some adjustments from Spoelstra too. I hope the Celtics are ready. Losing Brogdon is tough, as Pritchard and Hauser will get abused defensively if we go with one of them, and shortening the rotation would put added pressure on Smart , White, Brown and Tatum. Can't afford any foul trouble tonight.

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2023, 12:31:04 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I have accepted that the season might be over a few times now. Sixers Game 6 and the last 2 vs the Heat.

Want them to win tonight. But if they don't I will be disappointed but will move onto college football and then next season (offseason, etc).

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2023, 12:54:50 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Gabe Vincent is active for tonight's game. The Heat are going to go all out tonight, I expect some adjustments from Spoelstra too. I hope the Celtics are ready. Losing Brogdon is tough, as Pritchard and Hauser will get abused defensively if we go with one of them, and shortening the rotation would put added pressure on Smart , White, Brown and Tatum. Can't afford any foul trouble tonight.

Brogdan will probably give it a go is my guess. Vincent is NOT going to be 100%. I'd attack him early.

If Celtics play defense and move the ball around they will be fine

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2023, 01:02:43 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Brogdan will probably give it a go is my guess. Vincent is NOT going to be 100%. I'd attack him early.

If Celtics play defense and move the ball around they will be fine

Don't underestimate Vincent. It was a common ankle sprain, he will be effective. Brogdon's injury on the other hand is much more severe. He won't recover before the offseason and he clearly can't shoot anymore. He was blowing wide open layups too. IF he plays, he will be ineffective and the Heat defense can just cheat off him and leave him open.

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2023, 01:20:04 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Let's GO Celts! More Grant Williams and less or none of Pritchard. Rather have Houser for a few minutes than Pritchard.

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2023, 01:20:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Hope Hauser gets some minutes today. Have a feeling we'll need some big 3s from him tonight and PP isn't a great matchup against MIA.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2023, 02:12:38 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557

we just need grant to have a game like he did against the bucks last year when he went off. hauser will have to step up on D as well. unless we play blake or muscala some. next man up. sit brogdon if he cannot shoot. more G will and hauser. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!