Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/17/23  (Read 33647 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 5/17/23
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2023, 03:59:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Head-to-head in the playoffs:

Jayson —                 Jimmy —
25.7 PPG                 22.5 PPG
9.0 RPG                   6.5 RPG
5.9 APG                   4.2 APG
1.2 SPG                   1.8 SPG
6 Wins                      7 Wins

Via statmuse.

Yeah but Jimmy is mentally tough.....

Totally .   Usually only ruff physical ailments bother his numbers.  Old school tuffness . Mindset.

It was a bit tongue in cheek.

Yeah, but those extra 0.6 steals = winning mentality.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jimmy.  It's just that some of the adulation that posters on this blog bestow on the guy is ridiculous.  Especially when they try to knock Tatum with it.
we own jimmy in the playoffs. has he  ever beaten us? i do not think so. we beat him with the bulls, sixers and heat last year. WE OWN HIM.

He did beat us in 2020 BUT tbh, that to me had way more to do with Robinson + Herro becoming the Splash Bros, Bam looking like Shaq/Duncan against Kanter/Theis, and frankly I thought Spo ran circles around CBS with the zone schemes.

No horford/timelord that year either and kemba starting instead of smart.

Also had Ojeyele and Wanamaker playing some crucial minutes, and G-Will was just a rookie. Ugh
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2023, 04:42:15 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Series aren't won in Game 1s as we saw last round with the 76ers. But it will be important to protect home court.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2023, 05:35:22 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Series aren't won in Game 1s as we saw last round with the 76ers. But it will be important to protect home court.

They aren't, but at the same time it does kinda help determine how long the series will go. Blowing game 1 last series is why this thing went 7.

Would be nice for once if the Celtics didn't wait until their backs are against the wall about to be eliminated to start with some urgency.

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2023, 06:11:14 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Wonder which version of the Cs we will get tonight. I hope this doesn’t end up being a trap game for us. Heat are rested we just came off a thrashing of the Sixers. I hope they don’t get overconfident again and not take the Heat seriously. And I hope the Heat zone (it’s coming) doesn’t befuddle us again.

I think we will know from the intensity in the first quarter what Cs team shows up. We can miss shots but their body language on defense should tell us much.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2023, 06:36:15 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Heat 195
Celtics 121

Tatum goes over 40 again and Brown over 30

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2023, 06:42:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Wonder which version of the Cs we will get tonight. I hope this doesn’t end up being a trap game for us. Heat are rested we just came off a thrashing of the Sixers. I hope they don’t get overconfident again and not take the Heat seriously. And I hope the Heat zone (it’s coming) doesn’t befuddle us again.

I think we will know from the intensity in the first quarter what Cs team shows up. We can miss shots but their body language on defense should tell us much.

About 75% of the you seem correct in the first quarter you can see the mindset and are they willing to play hard or hard as the opponent.

I m always ok with with them being behind at half long as they are matching energy , they have a chance to win.  It’s about desire .  Heat seem to have that going for them a lot .

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2023, 06:56:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Oddly enough, I have no expectations or general feeling/emotion for tonight. I don't feel great, but I don't feel awful either. Wouldn't be surprised by anything.

That said, obviously I hope the C's actually come out with a killer instinct and win tonight.

At some point, they have to learn and not decide to sleepwalk in games.... right??

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2023, 07:12:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Via statmuse.

Totally .   Usually only ruff physical ailments bother his numbers.  Old school tuffness . Mindset.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jimmy.  It's just that some of the adulation that posters on this blog bestow on the guy is ridiculous.  Especially when they try to knock Tatum with it.
He gets such a free pass due to his visible "trying hard" style. Despite often taking his foot off for whole games at a time.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2023, 07:12:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Via statmuse.

we own jimmy in the playoffs. has he  ever beaten us? i do not think so. we beat him with the bulls, sixers and heat last year. WE OWN HIM.

He did beat us in 2020 BUT tbh, that to me had way more to do with Robinson + Herro becoming the Splash Bros, Bam looking like Shaq/Duncan against Kanter/Theis, and frankly I thought Spo ran circles around CBS with the zone schemes.

Also had Ojeyele and Wanamaker playing some crucial minutes, and G-Will was just a rookie. Ugh
Brutally shallow team

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2023, 07:24:11 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Hopefully the Cs bring the focus and intensity from the start.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2023, 07:24:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Via statmuse.

Brutally shallow team

Yeah and Hayward also suffered the injury first round which basically kept him out for a while, but even when he came back he was clearly not close to 100%. Oh well. Brad Stevens has done a phenomenal job building this roster since taking over as GM though.

I sort of wonder if his experience as HC also contributed to the decisions. He yeeted out guys like Langford, Nesmith, a few future picks, etc. in trades haha. But tbh those guys were mostly useless for us as is and just riding the bench. CBS basically turned them into Horford, White, Brogdon. Massive difference.

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2023, 07:29:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Via statmuse.

Brutally shallow team

Yeah and Hayward also suffered the injury first round which basically kept him out for a while, but even when he came back he was clearly not close to 100%. Oh well. Brad Stevens has done a phenomenal job building this roster since taking over as GM though.

I sort of wonder if his experience as HC also contributed to the decisions. He yeeted out guys like Langford, Nesmith, a few future picks, etc. in trades haha. But tbh those guys were mostly useless for us as is and just riding the bench. CBS basically turned them into Horford, White, Brogdon. Massive difference.
The coaching and the FO does seem more aligned under Brad. It's a shame Gallo went down too, would have been interested to see him added to this bench unit

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2023, 07:30:52 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Go Celtics! Keep the eyes on the prize

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2023, 07:47:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Go Celtics!  Take out the Heat!

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2023, 07:50:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Yikes 8:30 pm.   Might fall asleep before it ends :)

Might need a late afternoon iced coffee myself. Had to wake up early the last three days so I'm exhausted. Thankfully the next few days are chill and I can sleep in a bit, but idk if I can stay up past 11 today without some caffeine.

Ugh I still feel tired lol. These 8:30 starts are going to kill me (and in the Finals too if we make it)