Poll

Which path would you prefer?

Re-Sign Kyrie + Trade For AD
79 (59.8%)
Re-Sign Kyrie, Don't Trade For AD & Simply Add Depth Or Moderate Upgrades Using Picks + MLE
2 (1.5%)
Let Kyrie Walk, But You Still Trade For AD & Add Depth Or Moderate Upgrades Using Picks + MLE
17 (12.9%)
Let Kyrie Walk, Don't Trade For AD & Simply Build Around The Jays + Young Core + Both Horford, Hayward
32 (24.2%)
Full On Rebuild And Tank, Baby! (Go Crazy)
2 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: Poll: There's Pretty Much Five Paths From Here. Which Path Would You Prefer?  (Read 11105 times)

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I have to question the aptitude of the 17 people who voted to let Kyrie walk but trade for AD. 

That is the scenario that has the most likely potential to set back this organization years if AD simply walks.

Just my two cents.

I mean, you could say the same if Irving re-signs but AD still walks after a season. That still is a possibility. Things change in the NBA fairly quickly as we've seen especially in recent memory (with this team and even around the league).

They'd still have Kyrie, though. 

In the other scenario, you've lost Kyrie, AD, Tatum, maybe Smart, draft picks, & whatever filler.   

I can't imagine whatever is left to be any sort of contending roster, nevermind a playoff team in that forseeable future.   To me, that's the scenario that sets back the organization the most.  You're better off just letting Kyrie walk and keeping the kids.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I have to question the aptitude of the 17 people who voted to let Kyrie walk but trade for AD. 

That is the scenario that has the most likely potential to set back this organization years if AD simply walks.

Just my two cents.

I mean, you could say the same if Irving re-signs but AD still walks after a season. That still is a possibility. Things change in the NBA fairly quickly as we've seen especially in recent memory (with this team and even around the league).

They'd still have Kyrie, though. 

In the other scenario, you've lost Kyrie, AD, Tatum, maybe Smart, draft picks, & whatever filler.   

I can't imagine whatever is left to be any sort of contending roster, nevermind a playoff team in that forseeable future.   To me, that's the scenario that sets back the organization the most.  You're better off just letting Kyrie walk and keeping the kids.

I agree. The scary part though is, there seems to be a lot more reports and even support from Celtics fanbase to go after AD regardless what Kyrie does.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If you don't get AD, lose Irving and Horford are the C's likely still a playoff team with
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Baynes as starters?

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If you don't get AD, lose Irving and Horford are the C's likely still a playoff team with
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Baynes as starters?

I'd say so, but probably as a mediocre 6-8 seed unless Tatum and Brown both make big leaps.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller