Poll

Would you be interested in any of these players? Feel free to vote for as many players as you want.

Bismack Biyombo
16 (8.5%)
Andrew Bogut (currently playing in Australia)
5 (2.7%)
Trey Burke
5 (2.7%)
Allen Crabbe
3 (1.6%)
Jamal Crawford (free agent)
6 (3.2%)
Matthew Dellavedova
7 (3.7%)
Wayne Ellington
13 (6.9%)
Keneth Farried (free agent)
6 (3.2%)
Yogi Ferrell
2 (1.1%)
Tim Frazier (waived)
1 (0.5%)
Marcin Gortat (free agent)
3 (1.6%)
John Henson
8 (4.3%)
Amir Johnson (free agent)
1 (0.5%)
Tyler Johnson
5 (2.7%)
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3 (1.6%)
Brandon Knight
0 (0%)
Ian Mahinmi
6 (3.2%)
Joakim Noah (free agent)
7 (3.7%)
Zaza Pachulia (free agent)
0 (0%)
Isaiah Thomas
17 (9%)
Tristan Thompson
34 (18.1%)
Evan Turner
13 (6.9%)
Marvin Williams
17 (9%)
other (please name below)
2 (1.1%)
Jonah Bolden (waived)
2 (1.1%)
Reggie Jackson
0 (0%)
I'd rather we sign no one.
5 (2.7%)
DeMarre Carroll
1 (0.5%)
Dragan Bender (waived)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Poll: Buyout candidates, free agents  (Read 23928 times)

Re: Poll: Buyout candidates, free agents
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2020, 01:05:17 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I don't see anybody on the likely buyout list who would help us much, honestly.

I think Thompson is a lateral move to Theis and Kanter.  Different skillset, but not a clear upgrade over either.  And Thompson wouldn't come here to be our third-string center. 

Poor market for forwards.  Markieff Morris and Marvin Williams are probably the best of the bunch.  No thanks. 

We don't need wings. 

I'd kick the tires on Reggie Jackson if he's bought out, I guess.  The attitude concerns me, but the talent is there to be an upgrade over Wanamaker.  He'd have to accept a 15-20 minute backup role, and he'd have to make a greater commitment to defense than he ever has in Detroit.  Probably not worth the risk.

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2020, 01:09:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I think Thompson is a lateral move to Theis and Kanter.  Different skillset, but not a clear upgrade over either.  And Thompson wouldn't come here to be our third-string center. 

Poor market for forwards.  Markieff Morris and Marvin Williams are probably the best of the bunch.  No thanks. 

We don't need wings. 

I'd kick the tires on Reggie Jackson if he's bought out, I guess.  The attitude concerns me, but the talent is there to be an upgrade over Wanamaker.  He'd have to accept a 15-20 minute backup role, and he'd have to make a greater commitment to defense than he ever has in Detroit.  Probably not worth the risk.

For someone who's shooting 37.5% FG, and has barely managed to stay on the court at all this year, (he's only played 10 games this season,) and cannot space, and has past history of being a locker room problem.

I would definitely 100% pass.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2020, 01:21:24 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

We don't need wings. 

I completely agree on that bolder language; I also think he’s either not being bought out or is going to LA.

That said, maybe I’m colored by what he does to Boston - that’s the only time I watch him - but I thought he would be more than our 3D string center. Against Boston he played with a lot of energy and effectiveness. He was making winning plays and was sometimes just too much for our bigs. I’d love to see what he could do in green. His rebound rates aren’t quite at Kanter’s level, but he’s no slouch, and he just brings consistent high energy.

If all else fails I’ll fall back on the Truth: Pierce went on air and lobbied Thompson to come to Boston. That he’s the missing piece for a championship run. And we all know PP would never pump that up just to make good tv! It’s the Truth!

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders

We don't need wings. 

For someone who's shooting 37.5% FG, and has barely managed to stay on the court at all this year, (he's only played 10 games this season,) and cannot space, and has past history of being a locker room problem.

I would definitely 100% pass.

Well, he was out for three months with a back injury and he just returned recently.  The low fg% will most likely normalize as he shakes the rust off.   And he shot 37% from three last year, so I'd say he spaces well enough. 

I acknowledge the locker room concerns, and as I mentioned, he's probably not worth the risk.

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2020, 01:46:07 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

We don't need wings. 

I don't think the idea of adding a buyout big is to vault the C's to a new level.  I think it's insurance against injury, so that we can stay at or near the same level if Theis or Kanter goes down.  That's how I see it, at least.  I mean, the C's almost went to the finals a couple years ago, and Theis injury was a killer considering how close that series was.

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2020, 01:59:04 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
They are not signing anyone else barring an injury (i.e Timelord is out longer). To sign someone, they also have to cut someone. I think what you see here is what you get. Ainge is banking on the yeah getting a good run of health (honestly not sure why because it feels like this team is always hurt).

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2020, 01:59:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celts hopefully sign Bolden

If it happens how would it shake up the roster

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2020, 02:01:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Bolden? Who is Bolden?

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2020, 02:09:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Bolden? Who is Bolden?

Jonah Bolden. 76ers waived him 2 hours ago

6'9 pf/c. Can stretch the floor. Style from what I remember similar to Theis

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.slamonline.com/nba/sixers-release-jonah-bolden/&ved=2ahUKEwjq0ZvskcDnAhWTGM0KHYTWBmkQxfQBMBd6BAgJEAM&usg=AOvVaw2qgutjJCRSWKOEbFebbyM-

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
They are not signing anyone else barring an injury (i.e Timelord is out longer). To sign someone, they also have to cut someone. I think what you see here is what you get. Ainge is banking on the yeah getting a good run of health (honestly not sure why because it feels like this team is always hurt).

I think we're being very cautious with this group.  I have a strong suspicion that if tonight were a playoff game, Robert Williams would be the only injury absence. 

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2020, 02:10:22 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Bolden? Who is Bolden?
Haha, you don't know Bolden???  :o

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2020, 02:14:58 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders

Bolden? Who is Bolden?

He was a bench-warmer big man in Philly who just lost his roster spot to Norvell Pelle.  Not sure why we should want him, but whatever.

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2020, 02:16:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Bolden? Who is Bolden?

Jonah Bolden. 76ers waived him 2 hours ago

6'9 pf/c. Can stretch the floor. Style from what I remember similar to Theis

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.slamonline.com/nba/sixers-release-jonah-bolden/&ved=2ahUKEwjq0ZvskcDnAhWTGM0KHYTWBmkQxfQBMBd6BAgJEAM&usg=AOvVaw2qgutjJCRSWKOEbFebbyM-
You have got to be kidding me.

Signing a G League level player who needs tons of development could shake up the roster?

Where is that eye rolling emoji? Oh there it is!

::) ::) ::)

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2020, 02:21:56 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Bolden? 😂😂
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2020, 02:22:12 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Bolden? Who is Bolden?

He was a fungible big man in Philly who just lost his roster spot to Norvell Pelle.  Not sure why we should want him, but whatever.
If he could manage to give us the 1 pt, .03 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, and 0 3's per game that he has given Philly in the 4 games that he's played, consider our roster shaken up!  I'm just playing.