Author Topic: Anybody else havingConnection/speed issues with Csblog?  (Read 46756 times)

Re: Anybody else havingConnection/speed issues with Csblog?
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's awful.

It's also kind of annoying because sometimes you write a pretty long post/reply on here and then when you click "post" it just takes you to the "Connection Problems" page and so the reply doesn't get posted and you have to re-type it again. So annoying...  :(

There are actually a couple of ways to solve this problem (took me a while to figure out):

Once you are on the 'connection problems' page, you can just keep hitting refresh and your post will eventually go through. And don't worry, it won't post multiple times.

Also, to be totally sure, you can always copy your text before you click 'post'. That way you can always paste it to a new comment without having to re-type. I have actually been doing this a lot more lately.

Re: Anybody else having speed issues with Csblog?
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2018, 10:51:51 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Traffic of the trade deadline folks.   It seems better now.  I was affected too, but its going to happen when tons of peeps check the site.

Still just as bad here.

« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2018, 10:52:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
It's awful.

It's also kind of annoying because sometimes you write a pretty long post/reply on here and then when you click "post" it just takes you to the "Connection Problems" page and so the reply doesn't get posted and you have to re-type it again. So annoying...  :(

There are actually a couple of ways to solve this problem (took me a while to figure out):

Once you are on the 'connection problems' page, you can just keep hitting refresh and your post will eventually go through. And don't worry, it won't post multiple times.

Also, to be totally sure, you can always copy your text before you click 'post'. That way you can always paste it to a new comment without having to re-type. I have actually been doing this a lot more lately.

Yeah I've been doing the "copy" thing quite often lately as well, but there are times I type something quick and simply forget  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2018, 10:53:06 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
It's awful.

TP....I do the same.

Too bad all that extra work has to be done just to attempt to participate  in discussions.

Been elsewhere (realgm and reddit)  most of the night

« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2018, 12:18:00 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This is terrible. Like 2 minutes to get into a topic. 2 minutes to post. It's like I am using a 300 baud modem.

« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2018, 12:29:25 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
It has been so bad I stopped even trying to monitor the game thread.  Does anyone know exactly why this happens?   I don't really know how this site is set up, is it hosted through SB Nation, or is it privately hosted?   Can we all contribute $20 and get a better web host?  I am sure it is more complicated than that otherwise it would have already been done I guess.

« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:36 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
This is so bad.

When I click on another thread in the forums, "Page Error 404 Not Found" something like that ughhhh. And takes forever to load. DO SOMETHING MODSSS PLEASE!!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2018, 02:05:57 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Yeah this has been making for a pretty bad experience as of late.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2018, 08:55:54 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
To be blunt, this forum software or server is TERRIBLE.

It seems like if there's more than two users on that all sorts of slowdowns and interruptions happen. Put 10 people online and you get the "server not responding" message.

I don't know why there is a forum here if CB is unable or unwilling to make it functional.

Case in point: it took 4 attempts to get this posted.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2018, 09:10:55 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Maybe it’s on purpose ? To close the forum and join the main page ?

« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2018, 11:48:34 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't know whether it's on purpose, but the forum has been unusable for long stretches of time in recent days. Even when it's not giving a connection error, response times have been so slow that  it's been hard to post or even just read.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2018, 03:55:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't know whether it's on purpose, but the forum has been unusable for long stretches of time in recent days. Even when it's not giving a connection error, response times have been so slow that  it's been hard to post or even just read.
Yeah, lately its been like using an old telephone modem line.

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2018, 04:36:50 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I don't know if it'd be helpful, but a little bit of research could be presented to the appropriate party.  There may be precedent, like a standard, for server quality/speed based upon the number of site visitors and/or forum use.  I wouldn't mind looking into it, but I imagine there are tech guys that post here with that kind of knowledge already.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2018, 05:43:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
It's awful.

I started copying my posts before I sent them. That being said. It makes the site a lot more difficult to be on. I basically had to abandon the fantasy trade deadline league cause i couldn't stay connected long enough to respond with users.

« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2018, 06:32:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
no problem loading the home page or the main home page articles .

its the forum that was loading maybe 1 out of 10 refreshes. Games threads too.

its never been great ......but really poor the past week .