Author Topic: 2018-19 Bruins Season  (Read 104400 times)

Re: 2018-19 Bruins Season
« Reply #345 on: May 30, 2019, 11:03:04 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Bruins looked pretty bad most of the game, but especially in OT, when the Blues put on tons of pressure, CONSTANT pressure, and had the Bs on their heels the whole time. So many Bruins passes (throughout the game) were bad, like the players were telegraphing them, and they kept getting deflected, and lots of times Bs players tried to hit the puck but got only a piece of it and the puck just sort of wobbled, like a wounded duck, out into open ice, where the Blues would pick it up and start an attack. And yeah, the top line did terrible, especially Marchand; those guys really need to get it in gear.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #346 on: May 30, 2019, 11:07:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sundqvist is going to have a hearing

likely a game or two suspension

If Grz wasn't injured and Bruins D core handicapped....Bruins likely win last night game

« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2019, 07:43:07 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How that is not a longer penalty is crazy. We lose a player with head shot and they get 2. Unreal
I don't think Blais was trying to go to the head. Grzelcyk kinda changed body direction which opened him up to the hit on the head.

2 minutes was the right call.

I think he went to unnatural side and his eyes zoomed in on his head. Watch it in slow motion. A hit on his right is where he was going but he changed and then connected to head intentionally. I predict a league review and one game suspension.

Looks like you were right. Sundqvist has been suspended for game 3.

Anyone who understands hockey knew this should have been a game misconduct penalty and a disqualification. Glad the league eventually got it right in the end.

« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2019, 08:58:48 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
How that is not a longer penalty is crazy. We lose a player with head shot and they get 2. Unreal
I don't think Blais was trying to go to the head. Grzelcyk kinda changed body direction which opened him up to the hit on the head.

I think he went to unnatural side and his eyes zoomed in on his head. Watch it in slow motion. A hit on his right is where he was going but he changed and then connected to head intentionally. I predict a league review and one game suspension.

TP - this was a really good prediction. Too bad it came at our expense. It was an especially laughable penalty as it came just before the questionable 4 minute double-minor on us. Killing 20% of the 3rd period, down a guy really didn't leave us with much ammunition in OT.

« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2019, 10:22:16 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

TP - this was a really good prediction. Too bad it came at our expense. It was an especially laughable penalty as it came just before the questionable 4 minute double-minor on us. Killing 20% of the 3rd period, down a guy really didn't leave us with much ammunition in OT.

It definitely was the turning point for us losing that game.

I am excited to see how we rebound but not happy we are down our player due to concussion protocol. We have shown time and time again though, we can rebound from tough losses and tonight is the game we need to take.

Does anyone else stream games from nbc app and have endless issues with it? On desktop mac the commercials keep looping and I need to reboot over and over again. It is a legal stream as well so not sure why it is so buggy on a mac. On tablet it works but like watching it from pc to big screen tv instead and have not been able to figure out how to stream from tablet to tv yet(any knowledge how to stream live from ipad to tv?).

« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2019, 12:10:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It definitely was the turning point for us losing that game.

I am excited to see how we rebound but not happy we are down our player due to concussion protocol. We have shown time and time again though, we can rebound from tough losses and tonight is the game we need to take.

Does anyone else stream games from nbc app and have endless issues with it? On desktop mac the commercials keep looping and I need to reboot over and over again. It is a legal stream as well so not sure why it is so buggy on a mac. On tablet it works but like watching it from pc to big screen tv instead and have not been able to figure out how to stream from tablet to tv yet(any knowledge how to stream live from ipad to tv?).

Apple TV 3rd generation or above allows you to mirror from an iphone or ipad to your tv. This is what I do for all Celtics games and other Boston games. You can get one for like $30 on ebay. I still use my xbox one for hulu, netflix, youtube, etc (these are also available on Apple TV), but the mirroring has been a lifesaver on Apple TV.

« Reply #351 on: June 01, 2019, 09:00:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Pretty goal.

2-0 Bruins.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2019, 09:03:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
3-0.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2019, 09:06:08 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Wow Bruins scored more points in the first period this game than what they did entirely in Game 2.

They certainly are playing with a sense of urgency tonight.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #354 on: June 01, 2019, 09:10:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Goal counts and the B's pick up the delay of game penalty. Now they just need to put one in on the power play to start the 2nd and this game should be over.

« Reply #355 on: June 01, 2019, 09:14:07 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Wooh...what a 1st period!

Need to keep the pressure on.

« Reply #356 on: June 01, 2019, 09:26:33 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
Goal counts and the B's pick up the delay of game penalty. Now they just need to put one in on the power play to start the 2nd and this game should be over.

you called it

« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2019, 09:28:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
We’re about to take back home ice advantage I think, 4-0 already our top line is back
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #358 on: June 01, 2019, 09:47:38 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Meh...if that's what it takes for St Louis to get one by Rask I don't think the Bruins are in much danger tonight.  I expect Boston to regroup here and put the pressure back on.

« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2019, 09:50:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Meh...if that's what it takes for St Louis to get one by Rask I don't think the Bruins are in much danger tonight.  I expect Boston to regroup here and put the pressure back on.

That didn't take long.