Author Topic: ESPN Sportscenter Teaser..Red Sox on verge of trading Manny  (Read 39120 times)

Re: ESPN Sportscenter Teaser..Red Sox on verge of trading Manny
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
ugh...I do not like it..did we trade manny plus 2 players for one player? That makes me sick if that is the case. I would have rather had the Dodger player as well. I suddenly feel that subway sandwich coming back up..3 bobbleheads from 2004..none of them are Red Sox anymore

« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2008, 04:44:58 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
ugh...I do not like it..did we trade manny plus 2 players for one player? That makes me sick if that is the case. I would have rather had the Dodger player as well. I suddenly feel that subway sandwich coming back up..3 bobbleheads from 2004..none of them are Red Sox anymore

We better have someone coming back off the Dodgers...don't forget we lose the 2 picks we could have had if Manny left in the offseason too.

« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2008, 04:46:29 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS

We better have someone coming back off the Dodgers...don't forget we lose the 2 picks we could have had if Manny left in the offseason too.

..yeah, but we'll get two after '09 if Bay walks.

I would have preferred Kemp, and will miss Manny, but this is OK.

« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2008, 04:47:28 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
This makes no sense...paid salary, loss of 2 draft picks at end of season, loss of 2 more players..one Hanson, we paid 1 mill just to get, and Moss...we get one player...???

« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2008, 04:51:31 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Hate it. A huge part of the Red Sox is gone, just imagine how happy the yankees are right now, they add pieces for nothing whether they are good pieces or not, and the Sox are giving up one of their best players.

« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2008, 04:52:22 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
This makes no sense...paid salary, loss of 2 draft picks at end of season, loss of 2 more players..one Hanson, we paid 1 mill just to get, and Moss...we get one player...???

I assume Grawbow or someone is coming back in the deal. There's no way this is the final deal.