Author Topic: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?  (Read 14124 times)

Re: Is Isaiah Thomas ever going to play in NBA again?
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2019, 07:42:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So much respect for him. Hope he gets an enormous standing O when he plays in Boston next month.

I can't see anything but a HUGE standing O for him when he returns. It will be good to see the smile.

I wonder if he will get his long-awaited tribute video.

I'm looking forward to being in attendance, and I hope he gets some sort of acknowledgement.  Does anyone think the drama surrounding Kyrie might lead to the team avoiding a formal "tribute"?  I expect the Garden crowd to shower IT with love.  It might not look great in a town that is split on Kyrie. 

Anyways, I'll always have a soft spot for the "little guy".  His 18 months in Boston are nothing but a positive memory.
I think the IT tribute is never going to happen. At least it shouldn't. Given the problems in the locker room, last thing this team needs to do is give a video tribute to a former Celtic that played here for just 2.5 seasons. IT is the past. Need to focus on the here and now and the future.

I loved the little guy but he deserves a video tribute less than a former Celtic like Rondo and Rondo got nothing. IT was awesome for 2 seasons. Love and thank him for it but he doesn't deserve a video tribute.

The crowd will give him a long standing ovation when he enters the game. That's good.

I don't care one way or the other about IT's video, but Rondo did get one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQuysLG2NU8
I stand corrected. Still, if the tribute was last year, fine but now 2 years later?

« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2019, 08:21:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IF IT4 is back, even 95 percent.... won't mind coming off the bench .... won't ask "back the brinks truck"

scenerio in offseason

1. Irving walks.  No AD as well. 

2. Sign IT4 to a Marcus Smart like deal to come off the bench

yay or nay?

« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2019, 11:57:25 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Isaiah Thomas twitter been lotsa talks lately.

"You know what else is crazy??? I haven’t been able to get better at hoop in 2 years since end of 2017 season due to my injury.... Let that sink in!!!! Now that I’m finally healthy and can really get to it and grind it’s really over for these dudes lol all humble tho"

We'll see if it's "really over for" Kyrie Irving and the Celtics when he goes up against them haahah.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2019, 12:09:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
So much respect for him. Hope he gets an enormous standing O when he plays in Boston next month.

I can't see anything but a HUGE standing O for him when he returns. It will be good to see the smile.

I wonder if he will get his long-awaited tribute video.

I'm looking forward to being in attendance, and I hope he gets some sort of acknowledgement.  Does anyone think the drama surrounding Kyrie might lead to the team avoiding a formal "tribute"?  I expect the Garden crowd to shower IT with love.  It might not look great in a town that is split on Kyrie. 

Anyways, I'll always have a soft spot for the "little guy".  His 18 months in Boston are nothing but a positive memory.
I think the IT tribute is never going to happen. At least it shouldn't. Given the problems in the locker room, last thing this team needs to do is give a video tribute to a former Celtic that played here for just 2.5 seasons. IT is the past. Need to focus on the here and now and the future.

I loved the little guy but he deserves a video tribute less than a former Celtic like Rondo and Rondo got nothing. IT was awesome for 2 seasons. Love and thank him for it but he doesn't deserve a video tribute.

The crowd will give him a long standing ovation when he enters the game. That's good.

I don't care one way or the other about IT's video, but Rondo did get one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQuysLG2NU8
I stand corrected. Still, if the tribute was last year, fine but now 2 years later?

The reason it's 2 years later is because his career went into a tailspin after he severely damaged his body playing through pain for us in a deep playoff run after his sister suddenly died. He should get the tribute.

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2019, 01:02:19 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
IF IT4 is back, even 95 percent.... won't mind coming off the bench .... won't ask "back the brinks truck"

scenerio in offseason

yay or nay?
He’ll yes if Irving walks.

« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2019, 01:40:33 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

scenerio in offseason

yay or nay?
He’ll yes if Irving walks.
If IT4 is 95% back, assuming you mean to the level he was at in his last season with us, he's still a 25/5 player. In other words, there's no way he'd take that little money, and there's no chance he'd be off the bench (behind who? certainly not Rozier!).

Seems like a literal backwards move to me. I don't think his defensive woes are worth it, especially when Tatum and Brown will continue to take a bigger share of the offensive responsibilities.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2019, 07:01:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
IT did a lot for this team, but now teams know he can be stopped with bully ball, as the Cavs did to him, and Danny knows this fact.   He won't be back.

He is a liability on defense, and teams know how to defend him.

« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2019, 07:08:35 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I love IT, but there’s no real reason to think that he’ll be 95% back at this stage.

I think I’d still prefer him off the bench to Rozier, though. Haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2019, 08:01:23 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I love IT, but there’s no real reason to think that he’ll be 95% back at this stage.

I think I'd prefer my grandmother off the bench to Rozier

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2019, 08:09:31 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It may not necessarily help with Kyrie - although he should realize we chose him over IT - but it certainly couldn't hurt in smoothing things over with AD's dad. I understand AD doesn't really have a choice in where he is traded, but I'd rather he think positively about coming here if it does happen.

I do think there should be a video, though. It's not like they have to go back in the archives - they just need to play the one they already made.

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2019, 08:17:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Is grandma kicking back some of that vet minimum salary? $2 million is no joke.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2019, 08:37:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Is grandma kicking back some of that vet minimum salary? $2 million is no joke.

Grandma is very generous.

Pre-injury Grandmama would be pretty solid too though

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2019, 11:35:50 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
IT did a lot for this team, but now teams know he can be stopped with bully ball, as the Cavs did to him, and Danny knows this fact.   

I'm pretty sure Thomas' failing hip had a lot more to do with "stopping him" than anything the Cavs did.

Thomas up to his injury had played 5 seasons, playing in over 400 games and starting over 300 of them, and during that time had been a consistently elite-efficiency point-creator and one of the best pick-and-roll ball-handlers in the NBA.  The notion that anyone suddenly discovered 'how he can be stopped' all of a sudden in the last days of that season which ended due to his injury is silly.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2019, 01:30:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
IT did a lot for this team, but now teams know he can be stopped with bully ball, as the Cavs did to him, and Danny knows this fact.   

I'm pretty sure Thomas' failing hip had a lot more to do with "stopping him" than anything the Cavs did.

Thomas up to his injury had played 5 seasons, playing in over 400 games and starting over 300 of them, and during that time had been a consistently elite-efficiency point-creator and one of the best pick-and-roll ball-handlers in the NBA.  The notion that anyone suddenly discovered 'how he can be stopped' all of a sudden in the last days of that season which ended due to his injury is silly.

Agreed. He dropped 50 on Washington while playing through severe injury. At some point that injury became unbearable, but that says nothing regarding about how guardable he was. The guy averaged 29 ppg without defenses figuring it out.

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2019, 04:28:01 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
In 3 games with Denver so far IT is averaging 11.3ppg / 2.7apg playing 17 mins with a high score of 16...which works out to 23ppg / 5.7apg on a per 36 basis.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D