Poll

Do you believe the Celtics can still come back from down 3-1?

Yes
14 (41.2%)
No
20 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: [Down 2-0, Do You Believe?] Updated: Down 3-1...How 'bout now?  (Read 22397 times)

Re: [Down 2-0, Do You Believe?] Updated: Down 3-1...How 'bout now?
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Also, add me to the club of those who believe if Boston takes game 6, they take the series. It has to be a real let down to feel like you are on the brink of the Finals, but then be in a must-win game. We are obviously not there yet and have a long way to go, but I will continue to back this team to the end.

It should also be noted that while MIA has played ridiculously well in the clutch from game to game throughout the playoffs, they have yet to be in a must-win situation. That kind of 'clutch' is different. The Cs have now won two must-win games. Next game will be the most pressure MIA has faced in these playoffs - let's hope their confidence begins to crumble a bit.

« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2020, 03:06:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Also, add me to the club of those who believe if Boston takes game 6, they take the series. It has to be a real let down to feel like you are on the brink of the Finals, but then be in a must-win game. We are obviously not there yet and have a long way to go, but I will continue to back this team to the end.

It should also be noted that while MIA has played ridiculously well in the clutch from game to game throughout the playoffs, they have yet to be in a must-win situation. That kind of 'clutch' is different. The Cs have now won two must-win games. Next game will be the most pressure MIA has faced in these playoffs - let's hope their confidence begins to crumble a bit.

I guess whoever wins Game 6 wins the series, yikes.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2020, 04:09:13 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I think Jimmy Butler has one crazy 30+/10/10 game left in him where he completely wills the Heat to a close victory. I hope I’m wrong but that dude has a ton of competitive spirit. But if Bam is hurt then none of that matters.

« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2020, 06:44:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
That "defensive foul" by Theis where Dragic shot from the 3 is the most embarrassing defensive foul call in NBA history. That was an extremely terrible call

I feel the reffing has been pretty fair this series, including last night's.  If anything, the Heat had a legit claim on that last foul by Dragic; his leg up seemed like a natural basketball move for a lay up. Was surprised that wasn't overturned on review.  Caused him to foul out.

Do not be fooled by Dragic - he is as crafty as they come. Whether it be throwing his knee at a player going to the hoop or constantly getting elbowed/shouldered in the jaw on defense, he is always trying to get an advantage. Luckily the refs wised up to what he is trying to do out there and hopefully that continues.

Last night we had three calls that amounted to 10 points in the Heat's favor and we were still able to win handily. Kemba's and Theis' fouls on 3-point shooters were non-existent, and Kemba had a 4-point play taken away (we did not score on that possession). I understand that Butler got ripped off on a no-call for a goaltend, but like two plays later, Jaylen was clearly taking the ball to the hoop when he got fouled and we inexplicably did not get FTs. I won't go into the Tatum push-offs; that is literally Dragic's go-to move.
Oh yeah, nothing natural nor incidental about what Dragic did. He's been a 15+PPG guy for the best part of a decade, and has developed quite the knack for drawing fouls. He's a classic old experienced guard (had no idea he was 34 though, wow!)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2020, 06:50:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think Jimmy Butler has one crazy 30+/10/10 game left in him where he completely wills the Heat to a close victory. I hope I’m wrong but that dude has a ton of competitive spirit. But if Bam is hurt then none of that matters.
I don't. He's had two 30+ scoring games these playoffs.
In the 40 point game against the Bucks he had 13 free throw attempts, in the 30 point game he had 19 free throw attempts. For that series against the Bucks he averaged 23PPG with 11FTAs a game. This series he's averaging 18PPG with 7FTAs a game.
I think our defence is fully aware of the way he relies upon foul shots to get himself going. We've also held him to 44% from the field and 22% from three.

I am not afraid of Butler given our defenders. I'm much more scared of Dragic, Herro or Robinson doing something
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)