Poll

Do you believe the Celtics can still come back from down 3-1?

Yes
14 (41.2%)
No
20 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: [Down 2-0, Do You Believe?] Updated: Down 3-1...How 'bout now?  (Read 22341 times)

Re: Down 2-0, Do You Believe?
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2020, 09:12:27 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Limit turnovers and we win 3 in a row...one task

Yeah, I would think that if we can just reduce our turnovers we have a chance.  19 turnovers isn't going to win anything in the playoffs.  We gave them 9 more FG attempts than us partly from our bad TOs.  In a close game that is pretty much the difference in the game.

I would add a second task. REBOUND.

Re: [Down 2-0, Do You Believe?] Updated: Down 3-1...How 'bout now?
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2020, 11:12:24 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
Oh btw thanks to whoever changed the thread title + added a new poll. Thought about doing it yesterday but completely forgot myself  :P

I unfortunately don't think they'll come back, but I do actually feel confident they win tonight to force a Game 6.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 11:25:56 AM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2020, 01:37:37 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Voted No. The team's system and coach aren't likely to change for three straight games. They might do it for one or two games but they will revert back and lose.

« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2020, 02:02:33 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I will probably get roasted for this, but how about replacing Kemba in the starting lineup with Hayward?  Hayward and Smart can run the point and it would be helpful defensively.  Kemba has not been a world beater this round (or last round, for that matter) and I think he can feast off the bench and bring instant offense.  We can still finish with him, but how about just giving Miami a different look with the starting lineup and having some scoring off the bench?

No roasting here, I like the creative thinking but I am not sure this would help.  Kemba has not seemed like Kemba in the playoffs but teams have been focusing on taking him out with defensive schemes.  I guess that should open things up for others  but we keep having too many turnovers.  Not sure bringing Kemba off the bench would help with turnovers.

I think what you are trying to do with this suggestion is to create more opportunity to hide Kemba on defense and I guess create different match ups for him to open up his scoring.  Miami is pretty much the same team on the court through out all their rotation.  If it is not Herro, it will be Iguadala or Robinson.

I definitely understand some of the reasons but I think this would not help and may hurt in the end.

I don't mind seeing some different rotations but we just have so few options.  Hayward and Wanamaker plus some combination of RWill, GWill, Kanter, Ojeleye is our bench.  Sure, you can try some things with the Bigs but really, they are all limited.  None of them are really to move the needle.  I think we will see 30 min from Theis as usual and then mostly RWill and GWill for the remaining 18 min (less whatever time they go really small). 

Miami played Adebayo for 41 min and went really small for the other 7.  When Adebayo is resting, I wonder if we could try something with a bigger line up.  I guess they will just play zone making it harder to exploit match ups.  Better I guess to just keep our best players on the floor and drive to the hoop more.

« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2020, 02:19:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Big Papi's Red Sox, Tom Brady's Patriots and also Larry Bird's 1981 Celtics have taught me anything, it's that any comeback is possible. So yeah, I think Boston can run 3 straight on Miami.

« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2020, 02:40:19 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
If Big Papi's Red Sox, Tom Brady's Patriots and also Larry Bird's 1981 Celtics have taught me anything, it's that any comeback is possible. So yeah, I think Boston can run 3 straight on Miami.

In theory, if Boston actually played to their potential, they should have no problem doing so. I maintain my belief that the C's are the better team, but credit to Miami that they are playing like they care and are making more plays in the clutch than we are. Hate to say it but sometimes I think the C's are just out there for the sake of being out there, that's it. Tatum had a great 2nd half but was basically MIA (no pun intended) in the 1st half entirely in Game 4.

Sometimes that's just how sports goes, and that's the beauty of sports. The better, more talented team(s) don't always win it all at the end and there's reasons for it.

« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2020, 02:48:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Main thing working in their favor is they don't have to go on the road to win any of those games.

On the other hand, they won't have a crowd to boost them when things get rough.

I've been thinking about the way that the Nuggets came back against the Jazz and Clippers and trying to decide if any of the same kinds of things could happen in this series.

Is it possible that the Celts will figure something out about how to attack the Heat defense or stymie the Heat offense that will shift things in their favor? 

Is there something about the way the Celts have struggled in Games 1-4 that seems likely to be minimized in the next 3 games?

I'm really not sure.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2020, 03:50:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
pigs  might fly

an't no way

« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2020, 06:01:48 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214
Pretty sure we'll win today to make it 2-3. After that, I'll be confident of winning game six.

« Reply #160 on: September 25, 2020, 06:13:20 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I think they get this one tonight fairly comfortably. After that I'm not too hopeful but anything can happen on a neutral court with teams that are fairly close in talent.  Celtics actually have more talent but they're underachieving.

« Reply #161 on: September 25, 2020, 11:15:01 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I believe!

« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2020, 11:22:06 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2020, 11:30:26 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Still believe! Each game Miami has won has been by 5 points or less, has gone down to the wire and required a superhuman performance from one of them to beat us. If we can put together a 48 minute game we have the talent to win 3 in a row. (let's just overlook the fact that we haven't put together a 48 minute game yet )

I did get my Celtics in 6 prediction wrong though  :-\

Still believing. We're a better team than them. We just have to show it for 48 mins. Tonight 24 mins was enough, it might not be in Game 6 so we have to bring it from the beginning, attack the zone better like we did in the 3rd quarter. I do believe the pressure got to them in the 1st half, they made terrible decisions and executed poorly but in the 2nd half they played much more freely and with more force, defended hard, created transition opportunities and were unselfish.

And we took care of the ball better. 11 turnovers. As long as we take care of the ball we will win, we're better than they are.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2020, 11:37:59 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
1 down, 2 to go!!

I still think the odds are low we come back to win this series, but I’ll say this. If the C’s play like they did in the 2nd half more often in the next two games, then yeah, they absolutely can force a Game 7 and win it.

I thought we’d win Game 5, but Game 6 will be the toughest game. Honestly, I think this series will end either Heat in 6, or Celtics in 7.

One game at a time