Author Topic: Raptors want a top 10 pick: Everyone on roster is available  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Should be interesting to see what they do up north and of they make any moves.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Raptors want a top 10 pick: Everyone on roster is available
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 10:21:31 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don’t see anyone wanting to trade a pick for  their overpaid underachievers

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 10:26:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Honestly don't see any teams in the Top-5 trading it for Lowry or DeRozan.

That said, I could see any of Chicago, Orlando, NYK or Cleveland trading the pick + some salary for DeRozan. Like if CLE is told Lebron will stay if they add a star guard, they'd explore this. Or maybe NYK willing to trade #9 + Ntilikina in package for DeRozan/Lowry (they are desperate for stars and hoping for more revenue via playoff experiences and more national spotlight).

If PHI don't feel they can land a Lebron or George, maybe later on they flip their 10th pick + players for Lowry/DeRozan.

I think it's unlikely still but not an impossible scenario.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 10:27:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I could see Memphis being interested, assuming they want to return to the playoffs
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 10:28:29 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Raptors are close to going young....

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:29:43 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Ibaka, Derozan

for

Parsons, Green, McLemore, Davis, 4th overall pick

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 10:32:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I can see Cleveland trading the #8 and salary for either Lowry or DeRozan to convince Lebron to come back for another run at a title. That is if Toronto has decided they can't go any farther with their crew and are going to blow it up.

Not sure I see Toronto being ready to blow it up after their 59 win season. But can see Cleveland shopping the 8th pick for a star to add to Lebron. Of course, that's what they should have been doing at the deadline instead of trading for role players on bad contracts.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Probably won’t happen before the draft, as Philly has free agent ambitions, but I could see a trade based around Lowry for the number 10 pick if Toronto blows it up. That’d be good value for Toronto, and I like Lowry as a vet presence and good fit with the Philly roster.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 11:14:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I can see Cleveland trading the #8 and salary for either Lowry or DeRozan to convince Lebron to come back for another run at a title. That is if Toronto has decided they can't go any farther with their crew and are going to blow it up.

Not sure I see Toronto being ready to blow it up after their 59 win season. But can see Cleveland shopping the 8th pick for a star to add to Lebron. Of course, that's what they should have been doing at the deadline instead of trading for role players on bad contracts.

That's an interesting idea, and people on the Twitter ;D were joking after the "series" between the Cavs and the Raptors that Derozan should go to Cleveland, lol, so seeing that actually happen would be pretty funny, imo.

My only question centers around as to who Toronto is possibly targeting, because if they're going to deal their franchise players, surely they would hope to get a potential star via the draft as a return, right? My gut says that Michael Porter Jr. guy, but I honestly have no idea :-\.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 11:16:11 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Probably won’t happen before the draft, as Philly has free agent ambitions, but I could see a trade based around Lowry for the number 10 pick if Toronto blows it up. That’d be good value for Toronto, and I like Lowry as a vet presence and good fit with the Philly roster.
Definitely would not do that if I was the Sixers.  The Sixers have an opportunity to sign a top level free agent this offseason or next.  They shouldn't waste that opportunity on a player like Lowry who would not make them a contender. 

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 06:55:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

That's an interesting idea, and people on the Twitter ;D were joking after the "series" between the Cavs and the Raptors that Derozan should go to Cleveland, lol, so seeing that actually happen would be pretty funny, imo.

My only question centers around as to who Toronto is possibly targeting, because if they're going to deal their franchise players, surely they would hope to get a potential star via the draft as a return, right? My gut says that Michael Porter Jr. guy, but I honestly have no idea :-\.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander who is from Ontario.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/report-toronto-raptors-trying-trade-top-10-pick-nba-draft-223454903.html
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 04:09:45 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Could open up a 3 team trade with Spurs and Knicks

Kawhi to Knicks

DeRozan + Frank to Spurs

9th pick + filler to Raptors

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 04:31:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

There is a lot of chatter around Philly doing a trade with Memphis themselves. I think their front office may come to the realization that Dallas and other teams have gone through over the years, just cause you have max free agent space, doesn't mean you end up with a max player.

Related the odds of Lebron Landing in Philly are now down to 10:1 along with Rockets. Only teams given a chance are Lakers at very very very favorites and Cleveland given a punchers chance.

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 04:46:14 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Could open up a 3 team trade with Spurs and Knicks

Kawhi to Knicks

DeRozan + Frank to Spurs

9th pick + filler to Raptors

I’m fine with that.

Raptors get worse.

Knicks get better but still aren’t great. I think Kawhi is arguably top-3 but he’s not going to carry a terrible team (and franchise) into contenders. He may not even be as explosive as Davis, who seems capable of putting up 50 points or 20 rebounds on any given night. He’s just as capable defensively as Kawhi imo and still they weren’t a great team last season (despite losing Boogie and still sweeping the Blazers).

Good long-term move for the Knicks but probably best case scenario for us right now.

Spurs Get an all-star and pretty good prospect, they could do worse.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 04:53:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Raptors are obsessed with Shai Alexander. Local kid

Surprised they would be willing to trade even Derozan to draft him (per rumor)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:04:15 PM by triboy16f »