Author Topic: Wyc scolds Felger & Mazz  (Read 7764 times)

Wyc scolds Felger & Mazz
« on: December 01, 2017, 05:24:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Here’s the link to the clip.http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/wyc-grousbeck-our-coach-primary-reason-we-are-18-4:

All credits go to Redsarmy.

Here are a couple of highlights:

On Felger & Mazz suggesting trading Brad Stevens for a 2nd round pick (note: that’s not even possible, but, whatever)

Wyc: “we may take our rights from this station and move them elsewhere because of just the sheer stupidity.. of the top 1,000 remarks I’ve heard in my life, that’s the stupidest”

Wyc: “If you owned this team we wouldn’t win a game in a decade”

Wyc: “Our coach is the primary reason we’re 18-4”

Wyc: “Al, Gordon, and Kyrie are here because of Brad”

Listen to the clip and listen to how clueless those two guys sound. Thank the basketball gods above that Wyc and this ownership group know basketball and aren’t influenced by people like this.

A goodie from Wyc. Love when he talks about our team, and how confident and well spoken he sounds. You can tell he's emotionally invested as a fan, and as a team owner.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Wyc scolds Felger & Mazz
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Here’s the link to the clip.http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/wyc-grousbeck-our-coach-primary-reason-we-are-18-4:

On Felger & Mazz suggesting trading Brad Stevens for a 2nd round pick (note: that’s not even possible, but, whatever)

Wyc: “we may take our rights from this station and move them elsewhere because of just the sheer stupidity.. of the top 1,000 remarks I’ve heard in my life, that’s the stupidest”

Listen to the clip and listen to how clueless those two guys sound. Thank the basketball gods above that Wyc and this ownership group know basketball and aren’t influenced by people like this.

A goodie from Wyc. Love when he talks about our team, and how confident and well spoken he sounds. You can tell he's emotionally invested as a fan, and as a team owner.
First, it is, in fact, possible. Not directly, but we essentially received a pick to release Doc from his contract obligations.

Second, I'm not sure why Wyc needs to deal with these two trolls. Half of their drivel isn't intended to make sense anyhow.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Felger & Mazz

=

Two guys who hate basketball and not anything other than token Celtics fans.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 05:29:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

First, it is, in fact, possible. Not directly, but we essentially received a pick to release Doc from his contract obligations.

Second, I'm not sure why Wyc needs to deal with these two trolls. Half of their drivel isn't intended to make sense anyhow.

I think that's what his point was originally. Because we received the 1st round pick with the Austin Rivers trade. I don't think you can attach any pick to an coach? Maybe I'm mistaken, and Wyc has to appeal to his fans. For some reason Felger/Mazz gets a lot of airtime...

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 05:32:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I think that's what his point was originally. Because we received the 1st round pick with the Austin Rivers trade. I don't think you can attach any pick to an coach? Maybe I'm mistaken, and Wyc has to appeal to his fans. For some reason Felger/Mazz gets a lot of airtime...
Here's the presser the team put out back then:
The Boston Celtics announced today that they have allowed Doc Rivers to pursue a coaching opportunity with the Los Angeles Clippers. The Celtics will receive a future first round pick from the Clippers in exchange for allowing Rivers to depart.

Rivers, 51, was named Celtics head coach on April 29, 2004 and was the 16th head coach in franchise history. In his nine seasons with Boston, Rivers amassed a record of 416-305 during the regular season and 59-47 during the postseason.

The distinction here is that in a regular roster trade, you're trading the player together with the contract. You can't really trade staff contracts, essentially the Celtics received a pick to allow Doc to sign with the Clippers, which is the same as a trade for all intents and purposes.

Felger and Mazz are Felger and Mazz. They watch basketball once a year, and neither of them has any idea how the NBA works. Also, Mazz might have the most aggravating voice on radio.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 05:34:03 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

No, we received a first, which became RJ Hunter, for allowing the Clippers to sign Doc even though he was under contract to the Celtics.  We received a second 18 months later, which became Jabari Bird.

Wyc’s point (I assume) is the Celtics couldn’t force Stevens to another team via trade like they could with players.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 05:39:50 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
We're lucky fans to have Wyc at the helm.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Why did they suggest trading Brad?
It wasn't a joke on thier part?
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 06:02:20 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i love Wyc

felger and mazz are impossible to listen to

their schtick is old and worn out

they never even watch basketball anyway
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

No, we received a first, which became RJ Hunter, for allowing the Clippers to sign Doc even though he was under contract to the Celtics.  We received a second 18 months later, which became Jabari Bird.

Wyc’s point (I assume) is the Celtics couldn’t force Stevens to another team via trade like they could with players.

Here's the presser the team put out back then:
The Boston Celtics announced today that they have allowed Doc Rivers to pursue a coaching opportunity with the Los Angeles Clippers. The Celtics will receive a future first round pick from the Clippers in exchange for allowing Rivers to depart.

Rivers, 51, was named Celtics head coach on April 29, 2004 and was the 16th head coach in franchise history. In his nine seasons with Boston, Rivers amassed a record of 416-305 during the regular season and 59-47 during the postseason.

The distinction here is that in a regular roster trade, you're trading the player together with the contract. You can't really trade staff contracts, essentially the Celtics received a pick to allow Doc to sign with the Clippers, which is the same as a trade for all intents and purposes.

Felger and Mazz are Felger and Mazz. They watch basketball once a year, and neither of them has any idea how the NBA works. Also, Mazz might have the most aggravating voice on radio.

I see, thanks for clarifying. I forgot about the trade, and R.J. Hunter lol.
Why did they suggest trading Brad?
It wasn't a joke on thier part?

If I remember correctly, it was something they suggested when Stevens got hired, and it was about a few months into his tenure (?).

I don't really like Felger/Mazz either, so I'm glad Wyc chewed them out and gave them a piece of his mind. Ainge seems to call them out on their blatant stupidity, and obvious lack of basketball knowledge, but it doesn't even seem to faze or make them at all surprised. It seems like based on their body language, they seem to respect and listen to Wyc more, which is confoundingly weird... When you take into account, both Ainge and Wyc both benefit from each other's success.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
wow great response from Wyc.  I love the straightforward no bs responses.  We are lucky to have a great owner.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 06:13:38 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
what two morons ....

If I were Front office Id completely pull all their advertising

Id demand the owners of the station fire them

Two absolute,creeps.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I don't really like Felger/Mazz either, so I'm glad Wyc chewed them out and gave them a piece of his mind. Ainge seems to call them out on their blatant stupidity, and obvious lack of basketball knowledge, but it doesn't even seem to faze or make them at all surprised. It seems like based on their body language, they seem to respect and listen to Wyc more, which is confoundingly weird... When you take into account, both Ainge and Wyc both benefit from each other's success.
The morning show has the Celtics cornered there. Toucher and Rich do mean interviews with Gorman and Ainge on back to back days, and don't really pretend they know more about the Celtics than they do.

Funny story: apparently they were doing music radio and had zero experience in sports talk when they got tabbed for the Hub. That explains a lot about the constant babbling about popular music.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 06:44:32 PM »

Offline SaCaCh

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Um did Wyc just let go info he shouldn't have about Kyrie? Saying Kyrie "chose us" and then about "refusing to go back" Was that when the trade was done and Cleveland tried to stop it? Did Kyrie say I'm not going back after Cleveland tried to hold us hostage for more picks?

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 06:57:11 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Um did Wyc just let go info he shouldn't have about Kyrie? Saying Kyrie "chose us" and then about "refusing to go back" Was that when the trade was done and Cleveland tried to stop it? Did Kyrie say I'm not going back after Cleveland tried to hold us hostage for more picks?

The story at the time was that Kyrie was excited about the trade and waived his trade kicker to show that he wanted to play here.  He didn’t “choose us” in the literal sense because it wasn’t his choice to make, but that gesture did suggest that he favored us over other potential destinations.

Perhaps Wyc is simply referring to that.