Author Topic: Pritchard is still a valuable player:  (Read 3925 times)

Re: Pritchard is still a valuable player:
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2022, 08:45:52 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I think both things that people are say are true.  Pritchard is a solid player.  Suited for a back up combo guard role.  He has limitations but with his shooting and overall skill, I expect he will be around the NBA as a rotation a player for a number of years.

He is also a good candidate to include in a trade.  Not because he isn't a good player but mostly because of the depth we have at his position.  Smart, White, Brodgon, and even Davison.  He is actually a good candidate for a trade because he is a good player.  He would have value.

So yes, he is a valuable player.  Valuable if we keep him and valuable if he is part of a trade.

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2022, 11:19:18 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I think both things that people are say are true.  Pritchard is a solid player.  Suited for a back up combo guard role.  He has limitations but with his shooting and overall skill, I expect he will be around the NBA as a rotation a player for a number of years.

He is also a good candidate to include in a trade.  Not because he isn't a good player but mostly because of the depth we have at his position.  Smart, White, Brodgon, and even Davison.  He is actually a good candidate for a trade because he is a good player.  He would have value.

So yes, he is a valuable player.  Valuable if we keep him and valuable if he is part of a trade.
Honestly if everyone is healthy, I think Pritchard has more value than White.  White has far more value if Smart or Brogdon is out, but I could totally envision a playoff rotation where neither White nor Pritchard is in it, and Pritchard because of his shooting actually gets more spot minutes here or there.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2022, 12:07:44 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
It’s a star driven league, but it pains me that every player not seen as a star is painted as a scrub. Payton is a Celtics and is a valuable role player. He’s not going to be a star, but he’s not a scrub.

JD or Yam, if they develop enough to be brought in next year, could make him expendable. His role isn’t secure. Next year’s draft pick could be another guard that takes his place and he’s traded to open up a spot. He could be valuable in that eventuality too, but I don’t see him getting bounced out of the league anytime soon.