Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20  (Read 54057 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) ECF Game #1 9/14/20
« Reply #1140 on: September 15, 2020, 10:08:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
@TonyMassarotti
Sometimes, I can’t decide what the Celtics are faster at – building a lead or blowing one

The clown of radio is right

Blown leads after blown leads. This is not good for the heart

« Reply #1141 on: September 15, 2020, 10:08:40 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
the one positive I'm taking away from this is that Crowder is very unlikely to have another shooting night like tonight for the rest of the series.  if he shoots at his usual level, C's win comfortably.  Of course, C's aren't likely to get another shooting performance like tonight from Smart in his series either.

I mean, I saw a stat that this was actually the 4th game he's had 5+ threes this playoffs.

Yep crowder is very likely to continue to play just like he did tonight because a] hes been playing like this the entire playoffs and b] hes playing the celtics....so good luck with him cooling down

« Reply #1142 on: September 15, 2020, 10:09:36 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I see a lot of poeple pining for Hayward, but would a healthy hayward even have mattered? He would have just been parked in the corner while Tatum/Kemba trade terrible iso's down the stretch.

« Reply #1143 on: September 15, 2020, 10:10:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

@MagicJohnson
Bam Adebayo’s block on Jayson Tatum’s dunk attempt was the best defensive play I’ve seen ever in the playoffs!!!!

What a troll

Marcus Smart block on Powel was the best

« Reply #1144 on: September 15, 2020, 10:11:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

@MagicJohnson
Bam Adebayo’s block on Jayson Tatum’s dunk attempt was the best defensive play I’ve seen ever in the playoffs!!!!

What a troll

Let's hope all this motivates Tatum in a good way.

« Reply #1145 on: September 15, 2020, 10:11:46 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
Dragic and Crowder kept the Heat in the game, and Herro and Butler helped them close it. Adebayo is good, but I'm not really impressed with him or worried about him. We need to do a much better job on Dragic and Crowder. Butler is going to get his, but Adebayo is a non scorer and if we keep Dragic and Crowder in check this Heat team has trouble scoring.

Not worried about the strongest player in the series who had the game winning, series changing block? Lol i mightve agreed but that block showed me something

Not taking anything away from his block, it was fantastic, but he's a very limited player. He is not our main problem. Take care of Dragic and Crowder's scoring and the Heat lose by double digits, Bam or no Bam.

Hopefully you're right but frankly he had a bad game for him and still made the biggest impact play to win out of anyone so we will see...also just dont see us taking care of dragic and crowder without jimmy playing much better than he did tonight

« Reply #1146 on: September 15, 2020, 10:12:35 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

@MagicJohnson

What a troll

Bams was better but smarts was in a game 7

« Reply #1147 on: September 15, 2020, 10:13:03 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1148 on: September 15, 2020, 10:13:45 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

@MagicJohnson

What a troll

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddd it starts, lol....the disrespect of Smart, lol.

Boy I'm hoping for an LAL-BOS Finals....

« Reply #1149 on: September 15, 2020, 10:13:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Dragic and Crowder kept the Heat in the game, and Herro and Butler helped them close it. Adebayo is good, but I'm not really impressed with him or worried about him. We need to do a much better job on Dragic and Crowder. Butler is going to get his, but Adebayo is a non scorer and if we keep Dragic and Crowder in check this Heat team has trouble scoring.

Not worried about the strongest player in the series who had the game winning, series changing block? Lol i mightve agreed but that block showed me something

Not taking anything away from his block, it was fantastic, but he's a very limited player. He is not our main problem. Take care of Dragic and Crowder's scoring and the Heat lose by double digits, Bam or no Bam.

Hopefully you're right but frankly he had a bad game for him and still made the biggest impact play to win out of anyone so we will see...also just dont see us taking care of dragic and crowder without jimmy playing much better than he did tonight

The guy that had a bad game for them was Robinson. He totally disappeared. I expect him to show up next game.

Butler is tough, he's an elite closer, great defender, and all around tough player. He's going to get his no matter what.

« Reply #1150 on: September 15, 2020, 10:14:51 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
the one positive I'm taking away from this is that Crowder is very unlikely to have another shooting night like tonight for the rest of the series.  if he shoots at his usual level, C's win comfortably.  Of course, C's aren't likely to get another shooting performance like tonight from Smart in his series either.

I mean, I saw a stat that this was actually the 4th game he's had 5+ threes this playoffs.

Yep crowder is very likely to continue to play just like he did tonight because a] hes been playing like this the entire playoffs and b] hes playing the celtics....so good luck with him cooling down

He had a few open ones due to late and hurried close outs, we can’t have those
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1151 on: September 15, 2020, 10:15:51 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

@MagicJohnson

What a troll

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddd it starts, lol....the disrespect of Smart, lol.

Boy I'm hoping for an LAL-BOS Finals....

Bams block was better? The best block in playoff history is clearly lebrons chasedown on iguodola in game 7 of the finals though

« Reply #1152 on: September 15, 2020, 10:15:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Bam is good at getting to the free throw line.

« Reply #1153 on: September 15, 2020, 10:21:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Bam is good at getting to the free throw line.

He is not that good

He cant shoot. Has no handle. Just pass and crash

Celts need to lay off of him and help guard the others

« Reply #1154 on: September 15, 2020, 10:22:17 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Four things the Cs need to address in order to win this series (IMO):

1.  Stop with the dribble, dribble, dribble to 5 seconds and then go ISO.  Move the ball or drive and kick.
2.  We need to stop collapsing on every drive to the paint and leave the 3 point line open.  Give up the 2.  Butler isn't even looking for his shot and we are doubling him.
3.  Communicate on defense.  There were numerous times where we had 2 guys guarding one guy and leaving one guy wide open.  TALK!!!!
4.  On defense, we need to make some effort to get through these picks especially with Kemba.  We switch way to easily which leads to Kemba guarding Butler and then our defense gets out of whack trying to double him.  The Heat players and Raptor players for that matter made a concerted effort to get through this picks to avoid mismatches.  We need to do the same!!

IMO, we address these items, we go to the NBA Finals.