Author Topic: Magic Johnson: Lakers are soft  (Read 2847 times)

Magic Johnson: Lakers are soft
« on: June 10, 2008, 07:04:43 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
"First of all we haven't been physical," said Magic. "We've been going soft to the basket, we've been turning the ball over with unforced turnovers. We've gotta play with a sense of purpose. See right now, our sense of purpose is not there."       

"[The Celtics] get all the loose balls, they're getting too many second shots, and there's no way you can only shoot four, six, [or] eight free throws. That means that you're going soft. That means that you're not taking it to the basket. That means you're not aggressive.       

"What drives me crazy is that you know Ray Allen, you know Paul Pierce can shoot threes. Why are you running back to the paint when you know they are great three point shooters? So we can't let Paul Pierce have four wide open – and I'm talking about wide open without anybody running at him – three point shots."     

He wasn't finished there.     

"And then that bench who we've been counting on all season long playing great - where are you? Where's the bench? Our bench has gotten outscored twice. I'm mad!"

Link.

Here's video, if you can get the link to work: Link.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Magic Johnson: Lakers are soft
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:07:52 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Funny,

I don't see Magic blaming the refs anywhere in there. 

He makes all valid points.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:11:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The thing missing from this rendition of the Lakers/Celtics rivalry for me is that I don't fear the Lakers.  I don't feel like the Celtics have had to play their best to beat them.  Maybe that will turn around, but this is not a great Lakers team.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 07:12:17 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The thing missing from this rendition of the Lakers/Celtics rivalry for me is that I don't fear the Lakers.  I don't feel like the Celtics have had to play their best to beat them.  Maybe that will turn around, but this is not a great Lakers team.

That's kind of how I feel, too.

Wasn't there some Lakers fan on here telling us this team was just as good as Showtime?  What a ridiculous thought that turned out to be (not that it wasn't at the time).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

haha!  got me sort of sleepy looking at how nice, soft and comfortable it looks....
Celtics fan for life.