Author Topic: Fultz trainer: "he is an all-star this season if fully healthy"  (Read 5687 times)

Re: Fultz trainer: "he is an all-star this season if fully healthy"
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 06:14:55 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
they must be trying to trade him.

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 06:21:55 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I still question how all three of Simmons, Fultz, and Embiid will fit together. This is especially true if Fultz doesn’t get his shot back, as it’d be really difficult to play Simmons and Fultz together if neither of them space the floor.
If Futz is 100% that means he's got his shot back.  In that case, Simmons, Fultz and Embiid should be a great fit.  The Sixers were at the bottom of the league in running pick and rolls because of Simmons inexperience at playing PG and limitations.  A 100% Fultz should be excellent at running pick and rolls which will be a big plus for Embiid and the Sixers offense. 

I didn't believe that Fultz was the clear best player in his draft or a franchise talent player and I still don't.  I think his upside is Kyrie but that he has a pretty high floor.  A starter level poor man's Kyrie would be a very nice player for the Sixers. 

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2018, 06:32:48 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
This guy is really doing Fultz a disservice. For all intensive purposes Fultz is a rookie this year. Has any Rookie made the allstar game since Blake in 2011? Why set up that kind of expectations on the poor kid when he already has mental issues....
Maybe building up Fultz’s self esteem is actually a good thing since the yips is just a lack of confidence.

I think there is a difference between confidence and hyperbole/unrealistic. Him just coming out and being a starter this year would be a tremendous outcome for Fultz.
I agree.  He should have just said he thought Fultz was going to play great this season.  Maybe say that he thinks Fultz will be the most improved player.  Saying he'll be an AllStar is a ridiculously high bar for a young player in essentially his 1st season.  Fultz would also have to displace Simmons and even Embiid to some degree which seems very unlikely.    15/5/5 on 45/35/75 would be a very good season for Fultz but it isn't all-star level. 

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2018, 09:27:37 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
What is "if fully healthy" even mean? can't just mean injuries
Looks to me damage control more than anything

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2018, 09:39:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have a hard time believing Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown will make the All-Star team next year, nevermind Fultz who I consider a much lesser talent than those guys.

« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2018, 03:09:22 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Hopefully Ainge would not have made the mistake of trading down for Jayson Tatum if Markelle Fultz suddenly becomes a stud and a winner.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2018, 07:38:20 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Is he still dealing with Scapular Muscle Imbalance?