Poll

Poll: How many games would the Celtics' bench unit win in a full season? (you can vote for two)

Less than 20
13 (23.6%)
21-25
22 (40%)
26-30
9 (16.4%)
31-35
4 (7.3%)
36-40
6 (10.9%)
41 or more
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Poll: How many games would the Celtics' bench unit win in a full season?  (Read 4113 times)

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
less than 20.  no reliable scoring at all and only really 2 guys that might break 20 on a given night in Rozier and Morris. 

D would probably be pretty decent for the most part but if either Bird or Lemon is a starting SG, you're team is toast.
Rozier and Smart would be the starting backcourt. 
one would think but that wasn't what the OP proposed

I never really proposed a starting lineup.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think one of Hayward/Tatum/Brown will be playing significant minutes with the bench and we should count one of them in this hypothetical situation.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I just hope we never found out!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
To take your idea in a totally different direction, a separate poll could be set up to ask how many games would our bench win against every other team's bench in a full season?

I imagine we could do a lot better in that comparison, as opposed to throwing out our guys at top NBA talent! :)

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I think one of Hayward/Tatum/Brown will be playing significant minutes with the bench and we should count one of them in this hypothetical situation.

No doubt, but that is why I took "closing lineup" as our starting unit.

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
6 of the players were rotational players on a team that made the eastern conference finals. I think they’d do fine. Maybe 25-30 wins coached by Stevens.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I would expect all 3 plus Kyrie and Al to spend a bit of time playing with bench players but I have no doubt the starting 5 on this team will still be the top 5 guys in terms of minutes per game at the end of the season.