Author Topic: Cousins at it again.. Could face suspension  (Read 9032 times)

Re: Cousins at it again.. Could face suspension
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 04:44:36 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
I used to be completely in the get Boogie camp.  I thought he was more misunderstood and mis-placed in Sac, and could overlook the anger issues that Roy mentioned.  I thought that maybe his situation was a bit similar to a young KG, played for a bad team, super talented, would do better somewhere else.

But I have started to sour on him a bit.  It seems more and more of these issues that he has comes not from being ultra-competitive like KG, but more of a selfish, everyone is always against me attitude that I am getting tired of.  Sure he would be a great addition to our team and there is a chance that he has a major attitude adjustment ones he becomes part of a winning culture.  But I am less convinced now that it is a sure thing.  He sulks during games when he should buck up and try harder, he lets his attitude get in the way of his talent at times.

If we get him great, I just don't want to sell the complete farm for him anymore. 

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I am a fan of his.   It's hard to even know what's going on.  There are sports blogs here where i live that are racist and try to make people look bad.  The difference is the major papers here side with the innocent and ousted the right people.  This is from the sac bee but that whole cowbell sports thing who knows what is really going on.

he's mad because someone said something about his family.  striking back isn't always the best solution but he's p---ed. to each their own.

I'm not the person to judge him or what really is going on because I don't know.

I've had people say things about people i know who are actually really nice people and it's just ignorance.  It's hard to tell.  I don't know him.

Boogie could be an **** for all I know. He might not be.  Some people are just ignorant though. That's not an insult either.  People don't realize it sometimes is all.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 05:05:32 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Boogie is the boogie man though lol.  I still like him. He's still a person. Might have lost it a bit there.

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 05:08:57 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
Let him tear down his trade value in Sac.

After we trade for him, he has a sit down with Danny, Brad, Wyc and Smart (the leader of our team, not the best player.) They calmly explain to him that this is a new start. He has never experienced what you are about to in Boston. Two profound things that can make all of his problems go away, if he lets it.

Stability, and accountability. He will be held to task for his actions, but they wont pull the rug out from him like Sac has done literally every year.

And when the winning starts, Boogie will fall in love.
#JKJB

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 05:13:51 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I am not interested in Cousins, despite the undeniable talent.

However, if his stock falls so much that the Kings just feel they have to get rid of him...

Amir and our 2018 pick....?

Not interested in giving up any of our top assets for him no matter how talented he is.

That wouldn't get it done. It needs to be one of the Brooklyn picks.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2016, 05:29:41 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I read the column and watched the video. I'm not going to defend Cousins' use of profanity or his bullying, but I do think it's silly that some people are clamoring about censorship without, apparently, realizing that Cousins is also exercising one of his rights—freedom of speech.

He's well within his rights to be upset at someone's coverage of him, even if you think he shouldn't be upset; and he's well within his rights to say (or not say) what he wants to say (or not say). The NBA's rules don't specify the details of a player's media "availability," they say only that he has to be available. If he's there in the locker room (which he has been), that fulfills his requirements. If certain people want him to be forced to give more (which is itself an ethics violation, in my opinion), it would have to be done through the collective bargaining process.

And yes, I still want him on the Celtics.

No one is saying he shouldn't speak his mind, but there's a way mature adults should conduct themselves. The reporter is half his size and appears to be more than twice his age, he could've easily pulled him aside and had a private conversation with him to let him know how he felt. Approaching him like that was completely unnecessary and it was clear he was trying to intimidate him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 05:43:07 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Still want him.  Please, get Cousins, Danny.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 05:43:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Boogie the baslrtball talent would be good for any team. Boogie the person and all he brings is an even larger negative than his game brings to a team. People like Cousins just dont understand the team concept. He is poison and should, and I think, will be passed over by Ainge.

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2016, 05:50:32 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Haha, just watched the video.  Now I love him more than ever. 

A team who once had a guy like KG should be the last to put up "attitude" or "knucklehead" as a reason not to trade for Cousins.  Unless he pulled a gun and shoot somebody, you do everything you can to have him in green. 

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2016, 05:57:47 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Is Boogie a cancer though? these are the kind of assumptions that bother me sometimes.  Some players thrive off of controversy to their detriment and there always seems to be drama surrounding them.  I've never really liked cam newton for this  reason.

Other guys thrive off it in a positive way like KG.  Other players just learn to cope in b etter ways.

Boogie has always been a firey player.  Reminds me of rasheed wallace in ways.

i don't know what is going on there though.  It could just be him creating his own drama or the media might be that annoying.

Here with IT and better players it could be different. Or he could just be manny being manny. 

Did IT and Boogie ever get along though? It seems like they had their issues and then were friends again or something.

That would be more what I would question is how he would react to the media here.  And how IT and him relate.  Players can be different in different situations.

It might just not be meant to be.

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 06:02:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Stilll want him, badly. Hopefully he torpedoes his trade value.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2016, 06:05:20 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
A cancer is a guy who creates his own drama and it has a negative impact.  Dennis Rodman was a drama queen but won quite a bit.

I can believe the media can be that bad in certain areas.  Boogie sure seems to create a lot of it himself though. 

He seems mroe like manny to me where he just creates drama. No one is helping him with that either which is too bad.  Or he is just too arrogant to get through to or too young or too in a bad situation.

Different than smart where it was a one time incident.

I still like Boogie though for some reason. he does seem to create his own drama though.

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2016, 06:15:30 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I read the column and watched the video. I'm not going to defend Cousins' use of profanity or his bullying, but I do think it's silly that some people are clamoring about censorship without, apparently, realizing that Cousins is also exercising one of his rights—freedom of speech.

He's well within his rights to be upset at someone's coverage of him, even if you think he shouldn't be upset; and he's well within his rights to say (or not say) what he wants to say (or not say). The NBA's rules don't specify the details of a player's media "availability," they say only that he has to be available. If he's there in the locker room (which he has been), that fulfills his requirements. If certain people want him to be forced to give more (which is itself an ethics violation, in my opinion), it would have to be done through the collective bargaining process.

And yes, I still want him on the Celtics.

No one is saying he shouldn't speak his mind, but there's a way mature adults should conduct themselves. The reporter is half his size and appears to be more than twice his age, he could've easily pulled him aside and had a private conversation with him to let him know how he felt. Approaching him like that was completely unnecessary and it was clear he was trying to intimidate him.

You're right, and I said that I'm not defending his methods. The impression I'm getting from some people, though, is that his instances of silence, "no comment," or "I'm not commenting if person X is in the room" are wrong and/or forms of censorship; if that's the case, I think they're wrong. If that's not the case—and I could, in fact, be reading this situation wrongly—then pay me no attention. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2016, 06:27:00 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Boogie the baslrtball talent would be good for any team. Boogie the person and all he brings is an even larger negative than his game brings to a team. People like Cousins just dont understand the team concept. He is poison and should, and I think, will be passed over by Ainge.

Things like this are so unsupported it's ridiculous.  Yet people like to say them on the internet and pretend like they're true without any sort of argument.

If the crap you read in media articles and in forum posts about Cousins being a cancer were actually true, do you honestly think he would have been let anywhere near Team USA?

They could have won the gold with Kevin Hart starting at Center, why would they risk having this cancer who "doesn't understand the team concept" around, ESPECIALLY with all the pressure from the 04 team having bad chemistry and blowing up.  Why is Ainge scared when Colangelo wasn't?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2016, 06:35:54 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

Things like this are so unsupported it's ridiculous.  Yet people like to say them on the internet and pretend like they're true without any sort of argument.

If the crap you read in media articles and in forum posts about Cousins being a cancer were actually true, do you honestly think he would have been let anywhere near Team USA?

They could have won the gold with Kevin Hart starting at Center, why would they risk having this cancer who "doesn't understand the team concept" around, ESPECIALLY with all the pressure from the 04 team having bad chemistry and blowing up.  Why is Ainge scared when Colangelo wasn't?
If the offer was right and I would want a bargain I would take Cousins but I still know it's foolish to disregard all the immature things he has done.

Its equally foolish to think just because he was selected for the US Olympic team that he must not be a team cancer.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle and keeping Cousins in check would become our problem if we got him.