Author Topic: If Available, Go After Bradley Beal?  (Read 2674 times)

Re: If Available, Go After Bradley Beal?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 02:59:30 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
No.  He'd be too expensive and he doesn't move the championship needle.

I can 't see anything right now that would move the "championship needle" for the Celtics. They are basically back to where they were last season less Irving. A 40-50 win team.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 02:59:54 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I like him a lot, but I say wait a year because it will probably cost too much now.  When he will be within a year of FA his value will come done. 

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Love Beal. Close with Tatum and could provide a much needed outside punch.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 03:01:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1764
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I mean, it would start with Jaylen and Smart at least, right? Is that a price you'd be willing to pay? It seems reasonable for both sides, but not sure why Boston would go for it unless they don't want to pay Jaylen the max.

Then you either move forward with what we have (including Rozier) and a MLE guard. I suppose if you really want a younger core moving forward you could do a Horford for Capela swap - with Gordon going to another team and another small asset going back to HOU - but I don't really want to lose Horford and I'm not sure he would opt in just to be traded...even to a better situation like HOU.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 03:16:32 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It's a big no on Beal from me. In terms of impact Brown is on the same pace Beal was at the same age. I'd much rather stick with Brown for the money and see if he can hit that level of play.

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 03:28:58 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I mean, it would start with Jaylen and Smart at least, right? Is that a price you'd be willing to pay? It seems reasonable for both sides, but not sure why Boston would go for it unless they don't want to pay Jaylen the max.

Then you either move forward with what we have (including Rozier) and a MLE guard. I suppose if you really want a younger core moving forward you could do a Horford for Capela swap - with Gordon going to another team and another small asset going back to HOU - but I don't really want to lose Horford and I'm not sure he would opt in just to be traded...even to a better situation like HOU.

Yeah, Jaylen and Smart plus filler would probably be the opening ask. Whether you could get it to Jaylen and something else less painful, I kind of doubt it. Smart's contract seems like it almost has to be in the deal. For those who think that Wall and Beal will be moved as a package, that's $225+ million in salary over the next four years.

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 04:47:44 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I know, just like Capela, it'll be complicated because of the salary issues (Beal will make about the same as AD next season) and you wonder if it's worth it since you know, Beal isn't Anthony Davis's level obviously.

But I do believe Beal is underrated and at 25 years old, averaged 25/5/6 and feels like he could keep improving. Plus he's apparently great friends with Tatum and would be a great fit on this team. Doesn't seem like a headcase either and is a team player.

Again, there are obviously roadblocks in thinking about a Beal trade and we don't even know if he's available, but if WAS takes offers for him, would you want us to be in the bidding?

I think Bradley Beal was underrated, but not anymore. He's going to cost a top 15 player package. Better wait for Beal to get unhappy and demand a trade and act then with less leverage for Washington.

Just think about it, we have just lost out on Anthony Davis and probably lose Kyrie Irving, how desperate do we look when we start calling other teams for their topplayer?

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 04:51:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Beal is a nice player but I wouldn't bother.  He's not the kind of player that makes a good team into a great one.  Until the Celts acquire a true centerpiece, or a guy already on the team develops into one (Tatum seems like the only candidate), there's no sense in giving up assets for a solid but highly paid, already-in-his-prime All-Star like Beal.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 04:53:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Didn't Washington turn down any offers for Beal during the Davis deal and say he was not on the market? Thought I read that earlier in the week.

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 05:16:02 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Didn't Washington turn down any offers for Beal during the Davis deal and say he was not on the market? Thought I read that earlier in the week.

Yes they did. But a guy not being available never stopped this blog before.

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we need someone to fill out our lineup.   I would like to Tatum at SF, Al at PF and Brown at SG.   So I would like to see a big who free Al but not a small ball center.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I think we need someone to fill out our lineup.   I would like to Tatum at SF, Al at PF and Brown at SG. So I would like to see a big who free Al but not a small ball center.

Baynes, Williams or a rookie.

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
We ve seen very stupid moves from almost every FO but if the wizs trade Beal without dumping wall everything else will pale in comparison

Nobody is taking Wall to get Beal. If I were Washington, I’d trade Beal for whatever future assets I could get and wait out the clock on Wall.

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2019, 07:47:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We ve seen very stupid moves from almost every FO but if the wizs trade Beal without dumping wall everything else will pale in comparison

Nobody is taking Wall to get Beal. If I were Washington, I’d trade Beal for whatever future assets I could get and wait out the clock on Wall.
If I am Washington I am doing everything in my power to salary dump Wall on someone and keep Beal. Not sure trading Wall can be done, but I never thought someone would take on some of the just awful contracts that have been moved before.

I wouldn't be sacrificing a player like Beal in an attempt to make the team long term better. His presence is part of the solution for Washington and should be kept.

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

If I am Washington I am doing everything in my power to salary dump Wall on someone and keep Beal. Not sure trading Wall can be done, but I never thought someone would take on some of the just awful contracts that have been moved before.

I wouldn't be sacrificing a player like Beal in an attempt to make the team long term better. His presence is part of the solution for Washington and should be kept.

For what it’s worth, I agree Wall is someone who can be traded. I just don’t see it being with Beal. For one thing, a team acquiring Beal is going to want to stay away from Wall. It also hurts Washington, as it reduces Beal’s value. Whether you trade Beal or not is a different question, but I just cannot see a mutually beneficial deal involving both Beal and Wall.