Author Topic: The Jeff Green thread  (Read 127427 times)

Re: Jeff Green - top 5 SF in 2 years
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2013, 11:33:52 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
There was like a 4 game stretch when Jeff played in okc ,Durant was out ,and jeff scored over 30 a few times and averaged in the mid 20's.

I am starting to wonder if he can be a go to scorer like Harden has turned out to be when he got the chance to be the #1 option?

I think he's going to have to be.
I'd like to see him start again against the Blazers to see if it's the same thing.

either way...there's nothing JG can do for these nonbelievers
top 5? maybe not
possibly in scoring if he's a top option tho...I see why not

whatever they do in OKC...they do it well lol

« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2013, 11:35:02 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I think they are already getting his spot ready in the hall of fame, right next to Terrence Williams and Jordan Crawford.

« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2013, 11:41:04 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I think they are already getting his spot ready in the hall of fame, right next to Terrence Williams and Jordan Crawford.

you are such a troll

« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2013, 11:42:09 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

you are such a troll

Bwahahahahha.

« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2013, 11:43:11 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

you are such a troll

I think some fans aren't giving Green a chance to be a star.

Two of his big qualities that appeared recently were treys and blocks (5 tonight!!)
Along with other qualities, it make Jeff dangerous from anywhere on the court
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

you are such a troll

Bwahahahahha.

yea. it's actually pretty annoying, tho lol.

« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
I wasn't commending you, I'm sitting here wishing I've never had to read anything you post

« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2013, 11:44:45 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101

Hey Vinnie, you have spent a good part of your life hammering him, a guy who had open heart surgery 13 months ago...and 3 days I think. Meanhwhile, he seems to be progressing. Lets assume he can do no right in you eyes for some reason. Do you have a reason for this degree of hatred? You have posted numerous sarcastic responses about his game today...as many as 5 or 6.

« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2013, 11:50:15 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Hey Vinnie, you have spent a good part of your life hammering him, a guy who had open heart surgery 13 months ago...and 3 days I think. Meanhwhile, he seems to be progressing. Lets assume he can do no right in you eyes for some reason. Do you have a reason for this degree of hatred? You have posted numerous sarcastic responses about his game today...as many as 5 or 6.

I don't hate him. The guy played a great game tonight. I have posted that in at least three different threads including the game thread. I have also posted numerous times that he has had a solid month. That said,  he needs to continue to do it -- not score 31 points, but be a dependable guy. My point is that he is still not close to a top 5 small forward in this league. If h ever gets there I will et crow.

« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2013, 11:50:43 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

not to mention the blog post comments.
got to be a solid 45 including those

« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2013, 11:53:35 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

So happy I can entertain you all.  :-*

« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2013, 11:56:59 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101

Vinnie isn't some college kid who think he is immortal so its beyond my understanding that he seems to have NO concept this man had open heart surgery. I get a 22 year old punk from Boston College not understanding. But a grown man with kids? No, I don't get it

« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2013, 12:00:47 AM »

Offline yagru

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
if jeff is a starter next year he could very well be an all start.. I think we are going to see big things from him. The big difference between jeff and other potential talents is that his ceiling is so [dang] high.

« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2013, 12:02:31 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Vinnie isn't some college kid who think he is immortal so its beyond my understanding that he seems to have NO concept this man had open heart surgery. I get a 22 year old punk from Boston College not understanding. But a grown man with kids? No, I don't get it

What does his surgery have to do with any of this? Until the last few weeks, his play in Boston has mirrored his play for his entire career, inconsistent and passive.  Give it a rest with the lecture. My commentary has nothing to do with his surgery.  It is a great thing that they found his life  threatening condition and he is able to play again and liv a full life. Get off your high horse.

« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

What does his surgery have to do with any of this? Until the last few weeks, his play in Boston has mirrored his play for his entire career, inconsistent and passive.  Give it a rest with the lecture. My commentary has nothing to do with his surgery.  It is a great thing that they found his life  threatening condition and he is able to play again and liv a full life. Get off your high horse.

ironic you bring up high horses, vinnie. lol
i mean...you have nothing nice to say about the guy
when will he score 15? when will he score 20? when will he get 5 rebounds? when will he get 10?
he has been playing MUCH better since january, which is the problem. He's built a VERY consistent stretch and I think it's safe to say he's pretty much locked in.

what are you? a Bass fan or something?