Poll

Did you prefer Force Awakens or Rogue One? (Poll)

Rogue One
24 (44.4%)
Force Awakens
16 (29.6%)
Disliked them both
3 (5.6%)
Liked them both a good deal
8 (14.8%)
They were both just ok
3 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Did you prefer Force Awakens or Rogue One? (Poll)  (Read 10110 times)

Re: Did you prefer Force Awakens or Rogue One? (Poll)
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2017, 06:09:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Force Awakens was a retread of New Hope and a poor one at that.  It might be ok to some one who had not seen New Hope.   I thought the villain (Kylo Ren) was great until he took off his mask.  Then I was like who let the emo into a Stars Wars movie.   After watching, it I had the vague feeling I had seen this movie before.  The writers in Hollywood are truly devoid of ideas, maybe this strike could get some new and vibrant blood in there instead of rehashing old ideas.

Rogue for me, it's a better movie and I did not see it before.

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Force Awakens was a retread of New Hope and a poor one at that.  It might be ok to some one who had not seen New Hope.   I thought the villain (Kylo Ren) was great until he took off his mask.  Then I was like who let the emo into a Stars Wars movie.   After watching, it I had the vague feeling I had seen this movie before.  The writers in Hollywood are truly devoid of ideas, maybe this strike could get some new and vibrant blood in there instead of rehashing old ideas.

Rogue for me, it's a better movie and I did not see it before.

Couldn't agree more!
I remember being very disappointed when Kylo Ren took off his mask so early in the movie.
Very anti-climactic
If you're gonna have that kind of a reveal so quickly, they should have maybe given him a scarier disfigured face or something, maybe robotic. 

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Force Awakens all the way

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2017, 06:32:21 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2017, 06:47:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Force Awakens all the way

Why?

because the actress in Rogue one was blah... compared to Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Force Awakens

Seeing Harrison Ford again was awesome

Just the overall flow and journey of Force Awakens was better imo

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2017, 06:57:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I wanted to do a very scientific poll

bur your question is not "specific"

you can create 5 different versions of Force Awakens vs Rogue one..... and a fan may always prefer Rogue one for example

If your question is :  which movie was better made.... imo it was Force Awakens...Especially with the leading actress Daisy Ridley ....  the Rogue One actress accent was thick...  just her acting overall was so....   that line "Rebellions are built on hope." ...   she didn't do it justice

The humor,  action scenes, direction was better in Force Awakens imo... JJ Abrams did a fine job

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 07:18:34 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
The plot for Force Awakens was utter garbage.  But the Star Wars universe was enough to get enjoyment out of the film, to go along with a great cast.

Rogue One had a great plot, but the final act was a little sloppy and the whole thing was a little predictable.

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I like The Force Awakens more because it's a continuation of the original storyline, and I was very eager to learn what all the major players had been up to since Return of the Jedi.

Hmm
Interesting take.
The movie had a lot of potential, that's for sure.
I think, ultimately, what made me not like it was Kylo Ren.
He just wasn't scary. At all.
I was hoping they would do more with Captain Phasma....she seemed quite interesting  ;)

I definitely didn't have any dread about Ren like I did about Vader, but I was a kid when I first saw Star Wars, so maybe that had something to do with my view of Vader.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2017, 07:51:26 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
I like The Force Awakens more because it's a continuation of the original storyline, and I was very eager to learn what all the major players had been up to since Return of the Jedi.

Hmm
Interesting take.
The movie had a lot of potential, that's for sure.
I think, ultimately, what made me not like it was Kylo Ren.
He just wasn't scary. At all.
I was hoping they would do more with Captain Phasma....she seemed quite interesting  ;)

I definitely didn't have any dread about Ren like I did about Vader, but I was a kid when I first saw Star Wars, so maybe that had something to do with my view of Vader.

No, your first take is the correct one.
Darth Vader is an epic, timeless villain.
Even the Darth Vader comics are lightyears ahead of the normal Star Wars comics.

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2017, 07:56:58 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
The plot for Force Awakens was utter garbage.  But the Star Wars universe was enough to get enjoyment out of the film, to go along with a great cast.

Rogue One had a great plot, but the final act was a little sloppy and the whole thing was a little predictable.

Excellent points
I think I agree on all of them.
In the final act of Rogue One when Gen. Akbar coordinates that stupid "Corvette whatever" maneuver, that was utterly preposterous and facepalm worthy.  A small cargo spacecraft somehow has the power, torque and propulsion to move a Star Destroyer into another one.  Huh??

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2017, 08:04:03 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Ren is nowhere near as cool as Vader.  He's a spaz and he killed his own dad while being obviously  manipulated by the Sith.  I've got no respect for him.  He's a punk with anger issues.

Vader was actually menacing and a badass.

That being said I enjoyed Force Awakens the most.  The scope of it is bigger.

Rogue One is important as it gives us the backstory to how the Rebels found the plans for the Death Star and its only weakness but... the heroes just go wiped away in the blink of an eye.  So there's just nothing further to come out of it.

I really hope we see more development from the key leads from Force Awakens.  It will also be intriguing to see what role Luke has to play in the 2nd movie in the series.

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2017, 08:13:58 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
Ren is nowhere near as cool as Vader.  He's a spaz and he killed his own dad while being obviously  manipulated by the Sith.  I've got no respect for him.  He's a punk with anger issues.

ROFL
Awesome!

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2017, 08:17:55 PM »

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White

Rogue One is important as it gives us the backstory to how the Rebels found the plans for the Death Star and its only weakness but... the heroes just go wiped away in the blink of an eye.  So there's just nothing further to come out of it.

Yeah, that's the big shame of it.
I really dug the cast of Rogue One, in fact I liked the female lead much better than Daisy Ridley.
Everyone got smoked in the movie, so doing any kind of a follow-up will be impossible. :-\