Author Topic: NOT a RUMOR: Suggestion by Ryan Russillo - Rondo for DMC/Evans  (Read 5441 times)

NOT a RUMOR: Suggestion by Ryan Russillo - Rondo for DMC/Evans
« on: February 20, 2013, 07:07:37 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
 Ryan Russillo (who had Flip Saunders on yesterday) suggested to trade Rondo for DeMarcus Cousins and Evans. His suggestions was to start the Sac/SEA franchise with a Marquee player like Rondo to make a splash - instead of DMC and a bunch of mediocre players.

Did anyone else see this?????
Thoughts????

Re: NOT a RUMOR: Suggestion by Ryan Russillo - Rondo for DMC/Evans
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 07:18:30 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Not anything new, at all.

Although with Atlanta wanting to move J-Smoove, we could unite Rondo and him in Seattle all in one deal, giving the Kings more incentive.

Like such: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=acq3y25
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:25:25 AM by bfrombleacher »

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:20:33 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I do it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:35:20 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
It was sorta Simmons' idea, as I recall. He was pointing out a few franchises that should still be interested in Rondo, and made the point about that Sacramento should certainly consider it, based on the idea that starting a new identity in Seattle with Cousins as your star would be a bad idea.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 07:36:13 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Where do I sign?
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 07:42:00 AM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I dont hesitate with this one, you do Rondo for Evans and DMC without looking back. Bradley can be a decent PG in this league, put him next to Evans who can also handle the ball, with Green on the wing and DMC down low. You win now, you're looking good for the future.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 07:48:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would do this trade in 2 seconds

Makes sense for all teams involved. DMC has to play with KG , at least for a little. 

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Has Ryen Rusillo been reading CelticsBlog?  Someone suggests that trade once every couple of weeks around here.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 08:01:43 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He must have been reading Celticsblog two months ago when this was the only trade idea you saw...over...and over...and over again.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 08:13:30 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
count me in. we got rid of a ballpounder and a future headache in smith.

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 09:11:42 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I don't really see it. I'm intrigued by Cousins, but wonder if he falls in the 'life's too short' category.

Regardless, I only want to trade Rondo now for veterans who can significantly improve the Cs chances of Banner 18 in 2013, and I just don't buy that Cousins is ready for that kind of spotlight right away.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I don't really see it. I'm intrigued by Cousins, but wonder if he falls in the 'life's too short' category.

Regardless, I only want to trade Rondo now for veterans who can significantly improve the Cs chances of Banner 18 in 2013, and I just don't buy that Cousins is ready for that kind of spotlight right away.

This would obviously be a win now trade and future trade. Tyreke and Cousins for Rondo with a torn ACL would be a steal.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 09:22:19 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

This would obviously be a win now trade and future trade. Tyreke and Cousins for Rondo with a torn ACL would be a steal.

I don't agree that that's obvious. I get the future part, though there are plenty of question marks about Cousins, and Evans is overrated / not worth giving a long term deal, IMO.

More importantly, what I'm saying is that I have serious doubts about the validity of the 'win now' part.

Not that any of this matters, because this deal doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of happening anyway.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 09:27:46 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

I don't agree that that's obvious. I get the future part, though there are plenty of question marks about Cousins, and Evans is overrated / not worth giving a long term deal, IMO.

More importantly, what I'm saying is that I have serious doubts about the validity of the 'win now' part.

Not that any of this matters, because this deal doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of happening anyway.

I don't see how you dont think its a no brainer... Rondo is out for the yer and can't contribute anything.

Cousins is a top flight big who can dominate the paint against anyone when dialed in. I think having KG mentor you and simply coming to a new situation where you're playing for something will accomplish that.

Evans instantly becomes the top guard on the team and arguably the top talent. He defends, gets to the lane, and really does everything well accept shoot consistently. Unlike Rondo thought he is a relentless attacker who few can keep in front of them. The guy once averaged 20, 5, and 5. He's one of the few 2 guards who can physically outmatch Wade on the perimeter.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I like DMC, I question his maturity although I think it's just him being sick of losing.

Tyreke is RFA this year, are we going to overpay him. I understand his skill set but the dude hasnt been good after his rookie season.

I bet he'll cost the same as Rondo is making right now.

It is too good of a deal to pass though, really.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace