Author Topic: 2012 CB DRAFT Conference Finals Results/Final Matchup (FINALS RESULTS ARE IN)  (Read 11036 times)

Offline CB Draft Voting

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 65
Results:

Bulls 10, Pistons 4

Mavericks 10, Blazers 4

Matchup:

Bulls (1) VS Mavericks (1)

Bulls hold HCA
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:51:06 AM by Roy H. »

Re: 2012 CB DRAFT CONFERENCE FINALS RESULTS/FINALS MATCHUP
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:04:21 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
First congrats to Lucky and rebus.  I loved the team, regretted that theyr were in my conference and hated that they were in my division. I thought I had the better team, but I would've been ok if I lost. He lacked a second star, but he had solid players 1-5, and the guy I tried reallly hard to acquire with the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick in Paul.

Second congrats to jgod. The only remaining team aside from me who lacked at co-GM, and a heck of a team. If somehow I had managed to get past the pistons, I had no idea how to deal with the Blazers.

Lastly, congrats to Roy and Edgar. I can only imagine the pain that awaits me in debate, because I know they have devoted some time to this matchup. Godspeed, and see y'all tomorrow night.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 01:06:42 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Thanks IP. When that Pierce trade went through Lucky and I were upset as we thought it would be tough to overcome. We tried very hard to get that 2nd star as half the GMs know.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 01:19:21 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Thanks IP. When that Pierce trade went through Lucky and I were upset as we thought it would be tough to overcome. We tried very hard to get that 2nd star as half the GMs know.
Haha, that makes sense why you guys tried so hard to acquire Granger now.

For my money, should've offered granger and illy for a better 4. You could've sold Budinger as a starting 3, but you needed a better 4. Millsap is the guy i would've looked for.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 06:31:34 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Thanks, IP.  You can bet that next year (or whenever it is) when we all go at this again I'll either need to consider a co-gm or at least just bringing someone on who can slap my wrist when I start to write a novel for responses.  Mut. Be. Succinct!

I'll also consider not trading picks I don't have to Champkind.  That reworked deal really gutted my depth.

Alright, welp, I look forward to this battle. Good luck to ya both, and may IP's marriage survive the day!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 07:19:37 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Thanks, IP.  You can bet that next year (or whenever it is) when we all go at this again I'll either need to consider a co-gm or at least just bringing someone on who can slap my wrist when I start to write a novel for responses.  Mut. Be. Succinct!

I'll also consider not trading picks I don't have to Champkind.  That reworked deal really gutted my depth.

Alright, welp, I look forward to this battle. Good luck to ya both, and may IP's marriage survive the day!
I've had a co gm twice now, and its pretty cool. Just nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. Plus, as kc can attest to, while I do my best to maintain my cool in the threads - I generally react like an insecure middle school girl the moment my team faces any criticism "oh, you don't like my dress?! That's fine, ill just spill some soda on it and make my mom bring me a new one! You guys are going to love this new dress that's for sure"

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 11:49:52 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I've had a co gm twice now, and its pretty cool. Just nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. Plus, as kc can attest to, while I do my best to maintain my cool in the threads - I generally react like an insecure middle school girl the moment my team faces any criticism "oh, you don't like my dress?! That's fine, ill just spill some soda on it and make my mom bring me a new one! You guys are going to love this new dress that's for sure"

If I never hear the names "Andre Igoudala" or "James harden" again, it'll be too soon.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 11:59:30 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

To be fair, you went from selling me all your 3rd-5th round picks in a makeup deal to having the better team than me. Not bad.

Cheers.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

Offline CB Draft Voting

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 65
Chicago Bulls - 9 votes

Dallas Mavericks - 11 votes

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Chicago Bulls - 9 votes

Dallas Mavericks - 11 votes

Congrats to Roy and Edgar for a job well done. It ain't over til it's over, fellas.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Awwwwww come on!!

Ah well, Roy retires a winner. Congrats to Roy and Edgar. I'm gona get more drunk.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Seriously, though, I'm shocked by this, but we'll take it.  The last two hours of debate were a ton of fun, and I'm glad I checked back into the thread.  IP is a class act.  Well, except for the part when he picked on my dead mom.  But otherwise, a class act.

EDIT:  No joke, that's actually Edgar in a Panda outfit, holding an academy award.  The guy gets around.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:48:12 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'm gona get more drunk.

There are worse things in life.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Congrats to Roy and Edgar for the victory!

Congrats to IP for an admirable performance.  I expect to see you here again next year!

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Congrats to Roy and Edgar for the victory!

Congrats to IP for an admirable performance.  I expect to see you here again next year!

Thanks.  More importantly, we expect to see *you* here next CB Draft, or perhaps in the Pick 2.  I know I'm certainly glad you showed up.