Author Topic: CB Draft Western Finals: (1) Mavericks vs. (2) Blazers  (Read 44376 times)

Re: CB Draft Western Finals: (1) Mavericks vs. (2) Blazers
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Sorry guys I have something written up but I won't be able to post it for another 30 or so. In the meantime someone talk about how Varajao gets consistently torched by dwight.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 09:56:36 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sorry guys I have something written up but I won't be able to post it for another 30 or so. In the meantime someone talk about how Varajao gets consistently torched by dwight.

Wrong matchup, unless you're comparing your starter to our backup.  Our backup has enjoyed some decent success, though, holding Howard to 16.6 points in his career.  Last time they matched up, Varejao limited Howard, holding him to 5-for-12 shooting.  Varejao also holds his own on the boards.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 09:59:32 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Question for Dallas:

Will there be a CB Draft next year?

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 10:07:28 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Question for Dallas:

It's under discussion.  Right now, it's safe to say that there will be some changes in terms of our draft structure (CB Draft, Pick 2 Draft, Historical Draft).  Maybe we'll go to a rotation, where we do two of those three every year.  Maybe we'll substitute in a non-basketball draft in place of one of the others.

This is something we'll discuss as a blog after the CB Draft wraps up.  We usually do an "exit interview" type of thing, where we look for feedback on what could be done better.  At that time, we'll listen to everyone's opinion, and then the staff will discuss how to move forward.

I can say definitively that I won't be participating in the CB Draft next year, if there is one.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 10:09:51 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Question for Dallas:

It's under discussion.  Right now, it's safe to say that there will be some changes in terms of our draft structure (CB Draft, Pick 2 Draft, Historical Draft).  Maybe we'll go to a rotation, where we do two of those three every year.  Maybe we'll substitute in a non-basketball draft in place of one of the others.

This is something we'll discuss as a blog after the CB Draft wraps up.  We usually do an "exit interview" type of thing, where we look for feedback on what could be done better.  At that time, we'll listen to everyone's opinion, and then the staff will discuss how to move forward.

I can say definitively that I won't be participating in the CB Draft next year, if there is one.

So you wont defend your title? (even though whoever got Lebron first would end up winning it.)

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 10:13:32 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Question for Dallas:

So you wont defend your title? (even though whoever got Lebron first would end up winning it.)

I'm not that presumptuous, but thank you for your anticipated support.  Wherever we finish, I'm sure Edgar will carry the CrotoNat banner proudly.

(A note on Edgar:  Even though he's been a mostly behind-the-scenes GM, this team is built in his vision.  We unfortunately couldn't land Delonte, but otherwise, we were able to land most of Edgar's targets.  He just hires me on as his belligerent and grating spokesman.)

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 10:21:33 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Question for Dallas:

I'm not that presumptuous, but thank you for your anticipated support.  Wherever we finish, I'm sure Edgar will carry the CrotoNat banner proudly.

(A note on Edgar:  Even though he's been a mostly behind-the-scenes GM, this team is built in his vision.  We unfortunately couldn't land Delonte, but otherwise, we were able to land most of Edgar's targets.  He just hires me on as his belligerent and grating spokesman.)

So for sure no matter the outcome you wont be a GM next year?

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 10:23:16 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Never say never, I guess, but I can't anticipate a scenario where that happens.

I'll probably participate in the Pick 2 draft, though, especially if I can find a Co-GM as good as nickagneta.

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 10:23:34 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Question for Dallas:  I'm looking at your bench, and I really only see Brand and Gordon as guys who could really help you out in this series(with spot minutes going to Brooks, Dunleavy, and Lopez).  Would you possibly consider a seven-man rotation?  It'll look like this:

C: Varejao, Brand
PF: LeBron, Brand, Green
SF: Green, LeBron, Sefalosha
SG: Sefalosha, Gordon
PG: Irving, Gordon

You've got a lot of versatile players that can play multiple positions, so I think this might work.  The only issue is it might tire you players out, but this lineup could probably win the series in a shorter amount of games.

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 10:27:23 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Question for Dallas:  I'm looking at your bench, and I really only see Brand and Gordon as guys who could really help you out in this series(with spot minutes going to Brooks, Dunleavy, and Lopez).  Would you possibly consider a seven-man rotation?  It'll look like this:

You've got a lot of versatile players that can play multiple positions, so I think this might work.  The only issue is it might tire you players out, but this lineup could probably win the series in a shorter amount of games.

I think those are the top seven, and yeah, they're getting the bulk of the minutes.  We tried hard to take the versatile / "positionless" approach, and I'm glad you thought it worked out.

In terms of spot minutes, we do like what Dunleavy brings to the table as an elite-shooting SF with size, and I suppose Kleiza could earn some minutes as a power 3 / stretch 4.  Dooling is there for when we need defense in the backcourt, and we like having the depth of Lopez and Anthony to go in there and give a few minutes against Howard.  Extra (hard) fouls come in handy.

Also, great to see a new face participating.  8)

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 10:28:38 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

I'll probably participate in the Pick 2 draft, though, especially if I can find a Co-GM as good as nickagneta.

Will you guys ever make the Pick 2 Draft like the CB Draft? Well by that i mean will their be playoffs?

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Will you guys ever make the Pick 2 Draft like the CB Draft? Well by that i mean will their be playoffs?

Over my dead body. ;)

But seriously, one of the reasons we don't have playoffs (other than to differentiate it from the CB Draft) is that it's not necessarily fair for those GMs who land one of the worst franchises.  I suppose it's not much different than getting a bad draft pick in the CB Draft, but the team that starts with Lebron and Joel Anthony ( ;D) is a lot farther along than the one drafting Nikola Vucevic and J.J. Redick.

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 10:33:45 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

I think those are the top seven, and yeah, they're getting the bulk of the minutes.  We tried hard to take the versatile / "positionless" approach, and I'm glad you thought it worked out.

In terms of spot minutes, we do like what Dunleavy brings to the table as an elite-shooting SF with size, and I suppose Kleiza could earn some minutes as a power 3 / stretch 4.  Dooling is there for when we need defense in the backcourt, and we like having the depth of Lopez and Anthony to go in there and give a few minutes against Howard.  Extra (hard) fouls come in handy.

Yeah, I would've liked to participate in the CB Draft, but I was at camp and school is starting soon so I didn't have the time.

I think this series is really going to come down to how you view Rubio and Howard post-injury.  Their star power has helped carry them this far, but when you are playing the brightest star(LeBron), things change.  Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight only plays 60 or so games this season, because of his back, and that could hamper his play greatly for the rest of his career.  For Rubio, he's lucky he doesn't rely on his athleticism as much as a guy like Derrick Rose.  I'm sure Ricky will be fine after his surgery.

If I had to choose who to go with, I'd have to say Dallas in 5.  If Howard didn't have the back surgery, I'd say Dallas in 7.

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Yeah, I would've liked to participate in the CB Draft, but I was at camp and school is starting soon so I didn't have the time.

I think this series is really going to come down to how you view Rubio and Howard post-injury.  Their star power has helped carry them this far, but when you are playing the brightest star(LeBron), things change.  Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight only plays 60 or so games this season, because of his back, and that could hamper his play greatly for the rest of his career.  For Rubio, he's lucky he doesn't rely on his athleticism as much as a guy like Derrick Rose.  I'm sure Ricky will be fine after his surgery.

If I had to choose who to go with, I'd have to say Dallas in 5.  If Howard didn't have the back surgery, I'd say Dallas in 7.

We truly appreciate that.  Send in votes via PM to CB Draft Voting, and you'll have Edgar's good will from now until eternity.

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 10:47:48 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Over my dead body. ;)

But seriously, one of the reasons we don't have playoffs (other than to differentiate it from the CB Draft) is that it's not necessarily fair for those GMs who land one of the worst franchises.  I suppose it's not much different than getting a bad draft pick in the CB Draft, but the team that starts with Lebron and Joel Anthony ( ;D) is a lot farther along than the one drafting Nikola Vucevic and J.J. Redick.

Then please give us CB Draft next year! ;D